Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

You mean me? Kei's cousin?

The entire English dub is on YouTube, so I decided to go ahead and watch it. I guess it's no surprise I enjoyed it so much. After all, I've always had a soft spot for movies about time travel (Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home, Back to the Future, The Final Countdown, The Philadelphia Experiment, etc.) and I'd actually had this one on my watchlist for quite some time. It was a blast, 100 minutes of time-hopping fun and sheer adventure. One of my favorite scenes was where Makoto's sister eats all of the food in the house and Makoto's pissed because she ate her pudding. Hey, when your sister eats your chips, like, all the time, it's hard not to find that relatable. Not only that, later on, she says Makoto ate the entire first batch of rice when she herself did. That is just like my sister, there, man. She'll eat all of the spaghetti and say either I or Dad did. And who hasn't wanted to go back in time and keep that embarrassing thing from happening? Granted, it's to the movie's credit that it doesn't shy away from the fact that there would invariably be consequences if someone did such a thing. As for the dub, it was a really good dub. The voice actors really brought the characters to life. In particular, Emily Hirst is excellent as Makoto, which is good considering she's the one we follow throughout the movie. Thankfully, all of the supporting characters are well-performed, as well. It only helps that the dub script is completely natural. That guy who said, "Ew, dub," when I asked if I should watch it is seriously missing out. So, yeah, I really liked it and I'd watch it again. Hell, I'd buy the Blu-ray if given the chance.

Dillinger (1973)

That cool 70's style with a cool cast headlined by Warren Oates in the title role. If you like shootouts, then this is a movie for you.

Edit: I read today that this movie is inspired by Arthurs Miller's Death of a salesman. I didn't notice any connotation. Anybody here did? Attachments

It's been a while, but I seem to remember the stage play they were rehearsing seemed a lot like a Persian translation of Death of a Salesman.

Disappointment a little bit. His previous movies were better in my opinion.
[The Salesman]

Edit: I read today that this movie is inspired by Arthurs Miller's Death of a salesman. I didn't notice any connotation. Anybody here did?
I agree with you. The acting was first rate but the story was boring and anti-climactic. The Death of a Salesman reference is only because the play was being rehearsed as part of the story. It seems to me it got the blessing of the critics simply because it's an Iranian film...

~Doc

TWISTED NERVE (1968)

I have always enjoyed the craft of Welsh actor Hywel Bennett..from his saucy Percy films to the larrikan Shelley television character. In between he has made some fine films. One was the psychological thriller Twisted Nerve which was the first of two films he was to make with co-star Hayley Mills, the other being Endless Night (1972). Bennett plays Martin a pyscopathic killer who adopts a childlike persona called 'Georgie' to ingratiate himself with people that befriend him..specially the pretty yet unsuspecting Susan (Mills).

Finally got around to watching this on Friday. VERY GOOD MOVIE, and Ethan Hawke should be nominated for Best Actor... which he won't be, since this isn't the type of the film the Academy pays attention to.

8/10

Finally got around to watching this on Friday. VERY GOOD MOVIE, and Ethan Hawke should be nominated for Best Actor... which he won't be, since this isn't the type of the film the Academy pays attention to.

8/10
Decent poster. It took me a second to see what was in the fire light. Interesting typeface as well.

Unregistered User
The Edge of Seventeen (2016) -

Leatherface (2017) -

The Eagle Huntress (2016) -

Black Mass (2015) -

This is Congo (2017) -

The Stanford Prison Experiment (2015) -

Audrie and Daisy (2016) -

Master of My Domain
Oldboy (2013) -

#ReleaseTheLeeCut
#NahWatchTheOriginalAgainInstead

“I was cured, all right!”

★★
I like this cheesy movie. The atmosphere and soundtrack are great!

★★★★
Visconti's last film!
Underrated -- it's GREAT!

Welcome to the human race...
I'm fascinated by the reports that Lee's original cut was going to be about 140 minutes (or maybe even 180 minutes, though that may have just been an assembly cut) but then it got slashed down to about 100 (which is still about 15-20 minutes shorter than the original). In any case, I was already questioning how much I liked the original even before watching this version and this certainly doesn't help matters.

EDIT: The Commuter -

a considerably superior "old man fights back against injustice" movie to Death Wish

The Disaster Artist (2017)

''You don't want a career?''
''I want my own planet.''

This might just do nobody any good.
I would’a gone with this quote:

“You’ll never make it. Not in a million years.”
“But after that?”

Quite disappointed with Seconds, was looking forwards to this and it started off well and creepy but when Rock Hudson came along I was bored for the most part and knew what the ending was so it wasn't a 'shocking' surprise.