What was the movie that made you love movies?

Tools    

Nice clip, Dani, and I too enjoyed "Jason..." The first "skeleton" fight I saw was in The 7th Voyage of Sinbad, from 1958. The skeleton sword fight with Sinbad in the 1958 film scared the tweet out of me, to where I never forgot the image.

It wasn't until years later that I realized it was stop motion photography by the innovative Ray Harryhausen, who embellished the skeleton sequence in 1963's "Jason". Very clever.
I'm quite fond of the ghouls in Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger, which are almost like a "reboot" of the skeletons.

And of course both films were wonderfully scored by the inimitable Bernard Herrmann.
My favourite film music composer – in fact Taxi Driver was on the other day.

I'm quite fond of the ghouls in Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger, which are almost like a "reboot" of the skeletons.
My favourite film music composer – in fact Taxi Driver was on the other day.[Bernard Herrmann]
Me too. Great minds.....

Cheers,
~Doc

Late to the party but....The Matrix probably

I think it was "Darkman".

Well The Lord of the rings and Harry Potter made me a movie lover. I already wished to study in Hogwarts type school. And Lord of the rings just nailed it. Apart from these, Pirates of the caribbean, The Matrix, Fast and FURIOUS, Mission impossible etc.

Dont know, probably Lion King as a kid. But as an adult, it would probably be the Shawshank Redemption.

Alfred J. Hitchcock did it.
It all started with Psycho and the fascination never stopped.

Luckily I discovered him past my teens. I am sure, if i watched a lot of this works as a kid, I would not have been able to appreciate it that much.

I always like to bump this old thread for the new crop of posters every 6 months to a year, and get their take on what one movie began their love of films.

You mean me? Kei's cousin?

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Terminator 2. Odd choice.

I think it was The Matrix.

The trick is not minding
For me? It started with Braveheart. But it started switch the Oscars.
See, way back in 1096 I was home alone and flipping through the channels and came across the Oscar telecast. I watched the last 30 mins of it and watched Braveheart announced as the winner.
I went to my local video rental after school the next day and watched it and decided to go back and grab anything that had “oscar nominated” on the cover. This lead me to such films as Schindlers List, Apocalypse Now, Mississippi Burning, Platoon, Unforgiven, Midnight Cowboy and many, many more. So yes, nearly 24 years ago this next Oscar show, I fell for the. movies. And it started with Braveheart. And I haven’t look back since.

It's hard for me to say what exact movie made me love movies. But with the emphasis on love movies, as in igniting a passion for film, then it was when I watched my first classic black & white movie...

After that I wanted to watch every old film ever made. I'm still working on that!

You ready? You look ready.
It was Braveheart. We had it on VHS when I was a kid and I was hooked after I finally convinced my parents to let me watch it. I'm pretty sure I was like 8 or 9 at the time.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza