11. They Might Be Giants - Birdhouse in Your Soul

12. Elliott Smith - Angeles

13. Galaxy 500 - Another Day

14. Butthole Surfers - Butthole Surfer

15. Cutting Crew - I Just Died in Your Arms

16. Arcade Fire - Wake Up

Seal - Kiss From a Rose VS. Curren$y - Chilled Coughpee

The Rooftop Singers - Walk Right In VS. PMMP - Viimeinen valitusvirsi

Sweet Robots Against the Machine 3 with Kaho - Dakitime VS. Felt - Spectral Morning

Bad Wolves - Zombie VS. Lynyrd Skynyrd - Free Bird (Free Bird the better song but it as been nominated 50 times before and the cover is great)

DragonForce - Through the Fire and Flames VS. David Bowie - China Girl (Of course my song is against David F*cking Bowie )

Metropolis - The Darkest Side of the Night VS. The Rascals-People Got to Be Free

Kid Rock - I Am The Bullgod VS. Randy Crawford - One Day I'll Fly Away

The Tragically Hip - Bobcaygeon VS. Martha and the Muffins - Echo Beach (RIP Gord Downie)

Tokyo Shoegazer - Bright VS. Tears for Fears - Head Over Heels

Queen - The Show Must Go On VS. Revolting Cocks - Da Ya Think I'm Sexy?

Ajattara - Mitä kuolema parantaa? VS. They Might Be Giants - Birdhouse In Your Soul

Le Tigre - TKO VS. Elliott Smith - Angeles

Galaxy 500 - Another Day VS. Dark Tranquillity - Atoma

Butthole Surfers - Butthole Surfer VS. Devin Townsend - The Greys

Grand Magus - Ulvaskall (Vargr) VS. Cutting Crew-Died in Your Arms

The Arcade Fire - Wake Up VS. Bryan Adams - Please Forgive Me

A system of cells interlinked
Enough of the violent, screaming music with the deep voices. Take an antidepressant.
I am a pretty upbeat, happy person. That dark/heavy music is a lot of the reason why. The funny thing is, the singer for Dark Tranquillity is a super bouncy, happy guy on stage when you see them live. Then they start playing and it's pure mayhem.

I am a pretty upbeat, happy person. That dark/heavy music is a lot of the reason why. The funny thing is, the singer for Dark Tranquillity is a super bouncy, happy guy on stage when you see them live. Then they start playing and it's pure mayhem.
Catharsis ftw!

(and many metal music makers are lovely, calm people)

ROUND 1 DAY 1

No matter how many times it gets played, Kiss From A Rose is an amazing song

The Rooftop Singers - Walk Right In
VS. PMMP - Viimeinen valitusvirsi
PMMP sound alright, but I liked the first more

Sweet Robots Against the Machine 3 with Kaho - Dakitime VS. Felt - Spectral Morning
Didn't really get into either one. The second has nice music

Bad Wolves - Zombie VS. Lynyrd Skynyrd - Free Bird
This was tough. I'm surprised with that Zombie cover. It's really good and a bittersweet homage to Dolores. I wouldn't mind if it beats my Free Bird

DragonForce - Through the Fire and Flames VS. David Bowie - China Girl
The first wasn't that bad. The second is one of my favorite Bowie songs

Metropolis - The Darkest Side of the Night VS. The Rascals-People Got to Be Free
The first is not nearly as good as Alice Cooper's He's Back song from Friday the 13th Part 6, but it sounds better than The Rascals song

The second I couldn't get into. The first is actually a cool song by Kid Rock

The Tragically Hip - Bobcaygeon VS. Martha and the Muffins - Echo Beach
I liked the first, but that second was just a cool number by a bunch of badass chicks

Head Over Heels is one of my favorite TFF songs. Never get bored of listening to it

Not too crazy about the second in it's original nor cover versions. The first is a song that gives me goosebumps

Ajattara - Mitä kuolema parantaa? VS. They Might Be Giants - Birdhouse In Your Soul
Not crazy about the second, but at least it's more intelligible that that first thing

The first sounded alright. The second bored me

Not much going on in the first song. The second, even though it had a guy growling, had more going for it

Not a fan of either

I've grown kinda tired of the second, but it's still far better than the first

Never got into Arcade Fire. Bryan Adams can sing those power ballads better than most artists
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

ROUND 1 DAY 1

Seal - Kiss From a Rose VS. Curren$y - Chilled Coughpee-I voted for the horror that finished quickest!

The Rooftop Singers - Walk Right In VS. PMMP - Viimeinen valitusvirsi-Haven't heard that goofy song in like 20 years. I like it! The other wasn't bad.

Sweet Robots Against the Machine 3 with Kaho - Dakitime VS. Felt - Spectral Morning-These were both absolute disasters but I really don't care about the conversation they're having in the first song.

Bad Wolves - Zombie VS. Lynyrd Skynyrd - Free Bird-Zombie just isn't the same without that voice. I don't know why people are still nominating Free Bird. It's to the point where it's becoming lame, but it still wins this match.

DragonForce - Through the Fire and Flames VS. David Bowie - China Girl-That's racist!

Metropolis - The Darkest Side of the Night VS. The Rascals-People Got to Be Free-Freedom!!

Kid Rock - I Am The Bullgod VS. Randy Crawford - One Day I'll Fly Away-The first is more my style and I like Kid Rock anyway.

The Tragically Hip - Bobcaygeon VS. Martha and the Muffins - Echo Beach-Hip definitely does not go with the first song.

Tokyo Shoegazer - Bright VS. Tears for Fears - Head Over Heels-The second has been nominated a stupid amount of times yet I've actually grown more fond of it.

Queen - The Show Must Go On VS. Revolting Cocks - Da Ya Think I'm Sexy?-Not a great remake of one of my favorite songs, but I got a kick out of it.

Ajattara - Mitä kuolema parantaa? VS. They Might Be Giants - Birdhouse In Your Soul-Didn't really care for either.

Le Tigre - TKO VS. Elliott Smith - Angeles-Holy crap is that second song a coma inducer.

Galaxy 500 - Another Day VS. Dark Tranquillity - Atoma-Really liked that first one.

Butthole Surfers - Butthole Surfer VS. Devin Townsend - The Greys-Not big on either.

Grand Magus - Ulvaskall (Vargr) VS. Cutting Crew-Died in Your Arms-Some of the heavy stuff is starting to sound monotonous.

The Arcade Fire - Wake Up VS. Bryan Adams - Please Forgive Me-Adams has some good songs, but he's also got some of the lamest crap ever.

ROUND 1 DAY 1

Seal - Kiss From a Rose VS. Curren$y - Chilled Coughpee - Surprised that I liked the second, but I did. I did think I might go with it, but Kiss From A Rose if a long held favourite and just the kind of mellow I need atm.

The Rooftop Singers - Walk Right In VS. PMMP - Viimeinen valitusvirsi - For 150 odd seconds, that does go on. The second is ok but it almost won this by default here.

Sweet Robots Against the Machine 3 with Kaho - Dakitime VS. Felt - Spectral Morning - If the first had been shorter if might've gotten through. Neither are good though.

Bad Wolves - Zombie VS. Lynyrd Skynyrd - Free Bird - In later rounds I might go against it just because it's been nominated so many times. That said, I love it and it wins this even against the original version of Zombie. This one is ok though.

DragonForce - Through the Fire and Flames VS. David Bowie - China Girl - Sounds a bit Eurovision (but for me that's a good thing) and China Girl has never been a favourite Bowie.

Metropolis - The Darkest Side of the Night VS. The Rascals-People Got to Be Free - Both are fine, but the first just pips it.

Kid Rock - I Am The Bullgod VS. Randy Crawford - One Day I'll Fly Away - I just adore this song.

The Tragically Hip - Bobcaygeon VS. Martha and the Muffins - Echo Beach - Two songs I really liked. Shame I had to go against one of them.

Tokyo Shoegazer - Bright VS. Tears for Fears - Head Over Heels - The first goes on too long and I started to tire of it. Quite like TFF and this is a good song.

Queen - The Show Must Go On VS. Revolting Cocks - Da Ya Think I'm Sexy? - The second? I just don't know. It goes on too long to be that screechy. There's been times in my life where the first has been like a mantra for me.

Ajattara - Mitä kuolema parantaa? VS. They Might Be Giants - Birdhouse In Your Soul - Another song I love. Always puts a smile on my face. I can still remember buying the 7" one Saturday afternoon with my pocket money.

Le Tigre - TKO VS. Elliott Smith - Angeles - Has the first been nominated before? It seems familiar but I don't remember it. Really liked both, again, it's a shame one will go.

Galaxy 500 - Another Day VS. Dark Tranquillity - Atoma - My current mood is much more with the first track.

Butthole Surfers - Butthole Surfer VS. Devin Townsend - The Greys - I'm losing the will to live now.

Grand Magus - Ulvaskall (Vargr) VS. Cutting Crew-Died in Your Arms - Classic.

The Arcade Fire - Wake Up VS. Bryan Adams - Please Forgive Me - It's shorter.

A system of cells interlinked
Seal - Kiss From a Rose VS. Curren$y - Chilled Coughpee - Seal is THE MAN
The Rooftop Singers - Walk Right In VS. PMMP - Viimeinen valitusvirsi - Loved this PMMP song
Sweet Robots Against the Machine 3 with Kaho - Dakitime VS. Felt - Spectral Morning - Not a big fan of either tune
Bad Wolves - Zombie VS. Lynyrd Skynyrd - Free Bird - Freebird must die!
DragonForce - Through the Fire and Flames VS. David Bowie - China Girl - Bowie = genius
Metropolis - The Darkest Side of the Night VS. The Rascals-People Got to Be Free - Wasn't feeling either of these.
Kid Rock - I Am The Bullgod VS. Randy Crawford - One Day I'll Fly Away - Same with these two
The Tragically Hip - Bobcaygeon VS. Martha and the Muffins - Echo Beach - Easy choice here...
Tokyo Shoegazer - Bright VS. Tears for Fears - Head Over Heels - Damn. I love me some Tears for Fears, but the Tokyo Shoegazer track was beautiful, so I threw a vote at the underdog.
Queen - The Show Must Go On VS. Revolting Cocks - Da Ya Think I'm Sexy? - Another easy choice.
Ajattara - Mitä kuolema parantaa? VS. They Might Be Giants - Birdhouse In Your Soul - I abhor TMBG
Le Tigre - TKO VS. Elliott Smith - Angeles - I liked both tunes, but the Smith song was pretty moving.
Galaxy 500 - Another Day VS. Dark Tranquillity - Atoma - DT is one of my favorite bands of all time.
Butthole Surfers - Butthole Surfer VS. Devin Townsend - The Greys - Devy = Genius
Grand Magus - Ulvaskall (Vargr) VS. Cutting Crew-Died in Your Arms - Super groovy Magus tune!
The Arcade Fire - Wake Up VS. Bryan Adams - Please Forgive Me - Meh to both!

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Seal - Kiss From A Rose

The Rooftop Singers - Walk Right In

Bad Wolves - Zombie

DragonForce - Through the Fire and Flames

The Rascals-People Got to Be Free

Randy Crawford - One Day I'll Fly Away

The Tragically Hip - Bobcaygeon

Tears for Fears - Head Over Heels

Queen - The Show Must Go On

They Might Be Giants - Birdhouse In Your Soul

Elliott Smith - Angeles

Galaxy 500 - Another Day

Butthole Surfers - Butthole Surfer

Cutting Crew-Died in Your Arms

The Arcade Fire - Wake Up

Suspect's Reviews

Seal's Kiss From a Rose made it to the Final 8 in the most recent song tournament I played, when it was my pick, and if I couldn't win with it, I don't want anyone else to either, hehe

Nod given to an interesting choice

Going against the first's pretty difficult, but the second was that good

I see the Queen is an @mojofilter pick. For some reason, I associate mojofilter with Paul Rudd. That made me chuckle and pick his song.

First song has fun intensity

Seems I'd usually choose the second, but it's one I have a "history" with and it's permanently banished from my life

ROUND 1 DAY 1

Curren$y is new for me and I dig it. The Seal one has been played perhaps a touch too often.

The first was a bit strange, so of course I liked it. I didn't like the second that much, but that's a genre thing for me, I think.

Yeah, dug the first. Good weird. The second was pretty, so this was tough. The first was more my kind of thing as musically it reminded me a little of Cibo Matto. I love Cibo Matto.

I'm one of the few people who's not a fan of the original Zombie (it's the yodel, if you're wondering...), so the cover didn't do much for me either.

Oh my god, DragonForce. I...have...stories. It's the wrong kind of hard rock for me, but I'm not hate-voting, I do find them funny.I just love that Bowie song.

Easy vote. I think this is a great, cheesy song. It kinda makes me feel pumped. Yeah I have no idea why, it just does and it makes me very happy. Also, my avatar comes from that movie.

I don't listen to Kid Rock, so I only really know that one huge hit he had. Randy Crawford's taking down the pumped buzz a bit, but is a lovely song. Sad, and lovely.

The Tragically Hip - Bobcaygeon* VS. Martha and the Muffins - Echo Beach
*Had to use this alternative link for The Tragically Hip
The Tragically Hip is new to me and quite cool, but I love that Martha and the Muffins song. It used to pop up on an Irish radio station I played in one of my old jobs. Always put a spring in my step.

The second pops up on my iPod shuffle a lot. I think I played it in an old tournament. Great song.

****yeah Al Jourgensen.

Was. Not. Expecting. That.Vad fan...? Biggest surprise so far.

ooooOOOOH tough. I like both, for different reasons. Ugh, difficult.

Genre win-out for me here. Not the biggest Dark Tranquillity fan ever, though.

Butthole Surfers - Butthole Surfer VS.Devin Townsend - The Greys
HARD. CHOICE. Ilove heavy Devy in all his incarnations, and almost nominated SYL's Detox for this tournament OR...his Deconstructing Badgers. But I couldn't do that to you. but....I've always had a soft spot for Butthole Surfers and am surprised to see them here.

I mostly threw the Grand Magus in because I felt like doomy Swedish something, and old Grand Magus, before they became too Iron Maiden-worshippy in their music, qualifies. .

Not really a fan of either, so flipped a coin.

soooo sorry, Sedai!

Oh my god, my vote was meant to go BUTTHOLE SURFERS WAY. @Sedai you shouldn't have pointed it out, now I don't know whether to leave the mistake because FATE or.. Yanno...BS

*edit: had to go with what I meant...

Oh my god, my vote was meant to go BUTTHOLE SURFERS WAY. @Sedai you shouldn't have pointed it out, now I don't know whether to leave the mistake because FATE or.. Yanno...BS
You can edit your votes anytime before MoJo adds them up.

Weird is relative.
Seal - Kiss From a Rose *VS* Curren$y - Chilled Coughphee

The Rooftop Singers - Walk Right In *VS* PMMP - Viimeinen valitusvirsi

Sweet Robots Against the Machine 3 with Kaho - Dakitime *VS* Felt - Spectral Morning

Bad Wolves - Zombie *VS* Lynyrd Skynyrd - Free Bird

DragonForce - Through the Fire and Flames *VS* David Bowie - China Girl

Metropolis - The Darkest Side of the Night *VS* The Rascals - People Got to Be Free

Kid Rock - I Am The Bullgod *VS* Randy Crawford - One Day I'll Fly Away

The Tragically Hip - Bobcaygeon *VS* Martha and the Muffins - Echo Beach

Tokyo Shoegazer - Bright *VS* Tears for Fears - Head Over Heels

Queen - The Show Must Go On *VS* Revolting Cocks - Do Ya Think I'm Sexy?

Ajattara - Mitä kuolema parantaa? *VS* They Might Be Giants - Birdhouse In Your Soul

Le Tigre - TKO *VS* Elliott Smith - Angeles

Galaxie 500 - Another Day *VS* Dark Tranquillity - Atoma

Butthole Surfers - Butthole Surfer *VS* Devin Townsend - The Greys

Grand Magus - Ulvaskall (Vargr) *VS* Cutting Crew - Died in Your Arms

The Arcade Fire - Wake Up *VS* Bryan Adams - Please Forgive Me

Weird is relative.
And six hours after I started, I've finished voting
It took me all day to listen to everything, too.