What do you HATE?

Tools    

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Had a friend through high school that drowned hash browns with that stuff. Mostly a soup by the time he was done. Now I used to eat boiled eggs with ketchup as a kid. Picked that up from the ole grandma.

The movie theater in my town. I swear every time I deal with them there's something not right. If it weren't for the fact that I had a stockpile of re-admission tickets and gift certificates and for the fact that they're the only theater in town, I would've stopped going to them long ago. Just used my last pass today. Summertime is miserably hot where I live and the theater has always been a place to get some refuge from the heat. Not today. The temperature inside the theater was way too warm. My friend and I were both sweating, which made us adhere to the seats. Absolutely miserable. I've sent a complaint to corporate and tweeted at them, we'll see if I get a response.

Weird is relative.

I also have to have ketchup on scrambled eggs.
When I was in my first year of university, I paid for a meal plan that included hearty breakfasts (if I had the time to enjoy them). Until reading this, I forgot that I had gotten into putting ketchup on my scrambled eggs back then.

The best kind on eggs would be that kind of "gourmet ketchup" that isn't "processed" and is more like salsa. I wonder if anyone supplies it besides restaurants.

I hate those weighted toilet roll containers in restaurants & stores. Those big round ones. Weighted to give only a little bit of toilet paper each time before the paper bounces back into the holder.

You ready? You look ready.
I hate those weighted toilet roll containers in restaurants & stores. Those big round ones. Weighted to give only a little bit of toilet paper each time before the paper bounces back into the holder.
What kind of hell of a society are you living in? I have never seen such a thing. If I did, I'd rip it from the wall.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

What kind of hell of a society are you living in? I have never seen such a thing. If I did, I'd rip it from the wall.
Their actual purpose (besides limiting waste & overuse) is to prevent people from pulling the entire roll off the spool. Kids (or just jerks for lack of a better term) will "vandalize" a public restroom this way, thus wasting all the TP and leaving none for the people who need it (unless they want to scrape remnants up off the dirty wet floor). The idea is the vandals get too frustrated to try to pull the whole roll off and it's too time consuming when you can only get one square off at a time. They give up quickly and move on to something else, leaving TP in the dispenser for those who need it.

These types of dispensers are often used in places like mall bathrooms, airports, bus terminals, etc.

They are annoying, but they do serve a purpose.

Unfortunately, the containers themselves can be vandalized. It’s happened at our church. Several times the dispensers have been yanked off the wall to steal the roll of toilet paper inside. Now all the bathrooms bar one are locked except during Mass.

Unfortunately, the containers themselves can be vandalized. It’s happened at our church. Several times the dispensers have been yanked off the wall to steal the roll of toilet paper inside. Now all the bathrooms bar one are locked except during Mass.
Wait a minute, they did that at the church! Damn they must have been in need of something for the confessional

You ready? You look ready.
Their actual purpose (besides limiting waste & overuse) is to prevent people from pulling the entire roll off the spool. Kids (or just jerks for lack of a better term) will "vandalize" a public restroom this way, thus wasting all the TP and leaving none for the people who need it (unless they want to scrape remnants up off the dirty wet floor). The idea is the vandals get too frustrated to try to pull the whole roll off and it's too time consuming when you can only get one square off at a time. They give up quickly and move on to something else, leaving TP in the dispenser for those who need it.

These types of dispensers are often used in places like mall bathrooms, airports, bus terminals, etc.

They are annoying, but they do serve a purpose.
I suppose I have never encountered such a thing because I am strategic in my restroom of choice. I don’t **** in the hood. I hear that’s a sign of weakness.

I suppose I have never encountered such a thing because I am strategic in my restroom of choice. I don’t **** in the hood. I hear that’s a sign of weakness.
It's also supposedly not very good for the hair!
But if you **** in someone else's hood that can be construed as a sign of strength. Apparently. Definitely far more difficult to pull off than surreptitiously lobbing a piece of rubbish in as you pass.

Sounds like my old high school - all the bathrooms were kept locked due to vandalism and you could only "go" during lunch, where you had to wait in a line as lunch aids would only let 2 students go at a time.

One day I had to throw up - I went running to a bathroom - locked, of course, so I bolted toward the nurse's office - then the bell rang and the halls filled with students as I ran and puked! Days later a friend of mine drew a whole comic about the event!

I really hate when newspapers like The Guardian and New York Times judge Brazilian politics as if they knew anything about it. They are clueless about it and yet hold such strong opinions. It drives me nuts when I read it, because it is not even funny.

Overall, yes, the thing that bugs me the most is holding strong opinions about things I care about when one is unaware of the details of the matter.