Rate the last album you've heard

Tools    

7/10

there are as many slightly-better-than-okay songs on this as on any of their albums, which is to four or five. musically it's perhaps slightly more interesting than anything they've done, which is to say not that interesting. "touch" is a pretty cool song.
Funny youre saying its musically most interesting. Id say the opposite. Many of the songs like Get lucky are very uninteresting and just very mainstream, especially given that Daft Punk have been one of the pioneers of house before. Homework is way more interesting than this... just a pretty basic pop album.

6/10

The Brave Little Weeman Returns!
Funny youre saying its musically most interesting. Id say the opposite. Many of the songs like Get lucky are very uninteresting and just very mainstream, especially given that Daft Punk have been one of the pioneers of house before. Homework is way more interesting than this... just a pretty basic pop album.

6/10
I'm going for the middle ground and saying musically its quite interesting, somewhat different to their previous output, and kind of less ambitious.

I liked it, its a head above the majority of the stuff we're fed on the radio at the moment.

7.5/10

Reviews

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.

A few good songs, but also a lot of forgettable ones, not amongst R.E.M.'s best work.

The last ten albums i've listened to, ranked:
1. (What’s the Story) Morning Glory – Oasis 4.37/5
2. Be Here Now – Oasis 4.35/5
3. Don’t Believe the Truth – Oasis 4.21/5
4. Fly By Night – Rush 4.04/5
5. Rush – Rush 3.71/5
6. The Next Day - David Bowie 3.66/5
7. Standing on the Shoulders of Giants – Oasis 3.52/5
8. Definitely Maybe – Oasis 3.36/5
9. Heathen Chemistry – Oasis 3.18/5
10. Dig Out Your Soul – Oasis 2.32/5

I just finished listening to Oasis's discography, and now i'm working on Rush.

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.

I've stated before that I have no problems with "Van Hagar", and this is certainly their finest hour. The three synthy, brilliant singles (Dreams, Why Can't This Be Love, Love Walks In) are the highlights and the tight rockers (Best Of Both Worlds, Summer Nights and the title track) sound just as fun as the Lee Roth years. The only problem is that sometimes the synth-dominated ballads don't mix well with the straight up rock stuff, but most of the time it works and 5150 remains one of the band's best albums, not just for the Hagar era, but in general (it would probably the best, in my opinion, if their amazing debut didn't exist).

I'm going for the middle ground and saying musically its quite interesting, somewhat different to their previous output, and kind of less ambitious.

I liked it, its a head above the majority of the stuff we're fed on the radio at the moment.

7.5/10
I guess I just expect a bit more from these guys.. If it was some unknown band releasing this album I would have given it a higher score but these guys have to do better, not sure thats fair but thats how I feel

Nas- It was Written

Hip hop classic right here, a great album, with one of the greatest female verses of all time in it. The songs are pretty much all equals, Nas is Coming maybe the greatest. It's a good artistic effort but I'm no longer a fan of female vocals (this didn't change because of this album, just something I've devoleped)
-

2pac- R U Still Down?

Also some 90s hip hop, and while it was hit and miss, the two disc album doesn't disappoint. I've given two listens now, and while it has to much anti-realism to what I prefer, this some killer tracks. When I get Free is absolutely amazing.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I listened to Five Finger Death Punch new album yesterday and I really enjoyed it. I also listened to Slipknot 9.0: Live album and it was glorious \m/

On the outside looking in.
PETER CRISS

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This album has been run roughshod over since the day it was released. Its critics lambaste it for not sounding like a KISS record, which isn't entirely true - many of the songs on this album have a similar feel to the group's cuts that feature Criss prominently, (think "Nothin' To Lose," and "Mainline"). Probably due to the (much-deserved) success of Beth, Criss has never been recognized as the fine r&b/soul vocalist he truly is, and more than any other member of the band, he went into the studio to produce the album he couldn't make within the confines of KISS. With a rasp somewhere between Bruce Springsteen and Rod Stewart, Criss tempers the expected ballads with equal doses of rock and funk. Opener "I'm Gonna Love You" is a first-rate soul stomper, complete with punchy horns and Supremes-style back-ups. "Easy Thing" and "I Can't Stop the Rain" are big, epic love songs that Criss and his sandpaper lungs deliver beautifully, and his snappy version of "Tossin' & Turnin'" holds its own.

KISS were at the height of their popularity when the solo projects were released, and Criss could easily have stuck with the tried and true and been assured of strong sales. Daring to be different requires guts and should be commended, especially when the end result is a fine album such as this.

Out of five: ****

Welcome to the human race...

Testament - The New Order

I don't like metal as much as I used to, but I still like a solidly executed thrash album here and there. The New Order is definitely that, but it remains to be seen as to whether or not I actually want to investigate more of Testament's work.

Rappin 4 Tay- Off Parole
The first four songs were decent but then the album falls into a **** hole, and becomes one. Very few good line, no theme to the album, and a really weak flow. It almost starts improving towards the end, but I guess it was just a fluke.

Killer Mike- I pledge Allegience to the Grind ii
Killer Mike created in his terms, a soudtrack to your success. And it is consistently awesome. The audio quality was great on my CD, it had the car vibrating at a low volume. Killer Mike can get you hyped up like no one else. Best songs, I woke up This Morning, Pressure, and Grandmas House.
+

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right

Сергей Калугин (Sergey Kalugin) - Nigredo

Outstanding Russian bard plays acoustic guitar like a virtuoso creating progressive folk with a very broad list of influences from flamenco to rock. The CD also contains some poetry declamations, which are truly beautiful. I can do nothing but cream over this album and recommend it to anybody.

Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Ray Charles & The Sounds of Rythem Blues
Listened to my record of this while reading Huck Finn; they're a good match.
+

Time Out by Dave Brubeck. Great classic jazz.