23rd MoFo Hall of Fame

Tools    

About midway through the voting, Christiane F. was actually trailing Schindler by only a couple of points. As much as I respect and love Schindler, I was kind of disappointed when Christiane started slipping down the ranks.

They're both harrowing films to watch and I don't know if I ever want to watch either of them again, but Christiane F. was probably the only first time watch in this that made a significant impression. I had it number 4.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
Initially, I had respect for a cricket modern film but I've really come to also enjoy them as well.

They're both harrowing films to watch and I don't know if I ever want to watch either of them again, but Christiane F. was probably the only first time watch in this that made a significant impression. I had it number 4.
there were several first time high impressions in this HoF for me.

4th Place

Jojo Rabbit
(Taika Waititi, 2019)
Nominated By: @CosmicRunaway
(1 first place, 1 second, 3 third, 3 fourth, 2 fifth, 1 sixth, 1 eighth, 1 eleventh, 1 fourteenth)

This was my second time watching Jojo Rabbit and I ranked it at number 3. I had trouble deciding whether to rank this or Christiane F. higher but ultimately gave it to Jojo because I do want to watch it again.

This was my #1 and I thought it had a pretty solid chance at taking it. And that is why it's such a waste of time for me to guess at these things lol

The re-watchability on this one is incredibly high

This was my #1 and I thought it had a pretty solid chance at taking it. And that is why it's such a waste of time for me to guess at these things lol

The re-watchability on this one is incredibly high
It had a couple of pretty low rankings that really ruined its chances.

3rd Place

Le Samouraï
(Jean-Pierre Melville, 1967)
Nominated By: @Siddon
(4 first place, 1 second, 3 third, 1 fifth, 1 sixth, 1 eighth, 2 tenth, 1 eleventh)

It had a couple of pretty low rankings that really ruined its chances.
Quite the huge spread for it. True love to absolute hate and everywhere in between. Kind of impressive to have that kind of range.
(1 first place, 1 second, 3 third, 3 fourth, 2 fifth, 1 sixth, 1 eighth, 1 eleventh, 1 fourteenth)

Le Samouraï was my #3 and when I first saw it being nominated I was sure it was going to be my #1 and as I watched the films I started to wonder where it would end up by the end.

2nd Place

The Skin I Live In
(La piel que habito)
(Pedro Almodóvar, 2011)
Nominated By: Miss Vicky
(1 first place, 4 second, 1 third, 2 fourth, 2 fifth, 1 sixth, 1 seventh, 1 eighth, 1 tenth)

1st Place

Schindler's List
(Steven Spielberg, 1993)
Nominated By: @Citizen Rules
(4 first place, 1 second, 3 third, 1 fourth, 2 sixth, 1 seventh, 1 eighth, 1 ninth)

I was starting to think Skin was going to take this. Had it at #2 as well and it was a serious threat to my #1. It really was an excellent finale to this HoF for me.

It's amazing how much of a spread a lot of these films have gotten. A lot of diversity in likes and dislikes. Very cool