Song Tournament # 7

Tools    

I don't think I've once insulted any of your music, except for that Traveling Wilburys song, which I STILL said I liked anyways.

I don't think I've once insulted any of your music, except for that Traveling Wilburys song, which I STILL said I liked anyways.
I love you, Swan. I just don't love your taste in music. At all. And I'm forced to listen to it in order to participate. And sometimes "not loving it" is an understatement.

Plus I didn't give myself this usertitle for no reason.

It's funny that you say this and then vote for Guns and Roses. Remember, unique doesn't equal bad, but I understand if a voice irritates you. I personally think her voice is beautiful.
Axl Rose. Best rock vocalist ever.

1. Keith Carradine - I'm Easy (Simply because it's shorter. God what a horrible choice.)

2. Billy Talent - Surprise Surprise

3. Procol Harum--- A Whiter Shade of Pale

4. Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb (I've never been a Floyd fan, but I think I like it more than the other)

5. Joanna Newsom – The Sprout and the Bean (Gotta be Swan picks. Yes? Once I attuned myself to her hitting those top notes, I preferred this to the other, which just sounds like all the other songs that sound like that. Which seems to be quite a lot.)

6. Bush - Machinehead (I'm voting for Bush. That's how dreary that other song is. God I hate myself.)

7. Living in a Box - Living in a Box (The other song's OK, but nominate the real version, not this mediocre version, which probably started as a fun concert filler. Plus, there's about 2 minutes of bollocks before we get to the song.)

8. Guns 'n' Roses - Welcome to the Jungle (Finally. Something truly worth listening to. If I didn't consider it cheating, I'd have nominated something like this myself.)

It's funny that you say this and then vote for Guns and Roses.

Them's fightin' words, boy! GNR is my favorite band of all time and Axl Rose is one of the greatest lead singers in rock-n-roll history. There was a recent study that actually named him the singer with the greatest range. Unlike most lead singers, who sing every song the same way, Axl has about 15 different voices (or more). He changes his style and his voice to complement the lyrics and mood of each song.

Just listen to Appetite For Destruction. The guy singing on "Welcome to the Jungle" sounds like a completely different person than the one on "It's So Easy," and the one singing "Mr. Brownstone" sounds like yet another different guy. There's also the Axl Rose of "Patience" and "Don't Cry" and the other ballads, where his voice is far gentler and soothing and almost like a lullaby. Then there's the punk-infused Axl Rose of "Perfect Crime" and all the various covers on The Spaghetti Incident---- one of which, "Down on the Farm," where he lets his Midwestern accent come to the front like never before. He sounded so much like Alice Cooper on the "The Garden" that the band actually brought in the real Alice Cooper to guest on the song. On "This I Love" and "Prostitute," from the much-maligned, misunderstood, yet still great Chinese Democracy, Axl hits higher notes than he did even in his youth. And on "Madagascar", he sounds like a beaten down old man, his voice all full of rasp, since that's the voice that fits the sentiment of the song. I can't think of any other singer that can transform his voice in so many different ways and yet sound amazing each and every time.

I have a wide range of musical tastes, so, unlike most of the others voting in this tournament, I've actually really enjoyed most of your nominations. But even though some of your nominations have had great voices, none of them are in the same stratosphere as Axl Rose. And that's not even mentioning Axl Rose's presence and attitude and mystique and his patented "snake dance" and everything else that made him a legend. Unlike some of these other lame, more modern excuses for "rock" that others have nominated, who have no balls, no grit, no danger, no attitude, no "f**k you" spirit, Axl Rose embodied everything that is rock-n-roll. He is a rock star of the highest order.

Young Skywalker. Missed you, I have...
1. Moby - God Moving Over The Face of The Waters (Heat Soundtrack Version) vs Keith Carradine - I'm Easy

2. Billy Talent - Surprise Surprise vs Elvis Presley - Jailhouse Rock

3.Procol Harum--- A Whiter Shade of Pale vs John Fogerty - Centerfield

4. Head East-Never Been Any Reason vs Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb

5. Joanna Newsom – The Sprout and the Bean vs Bat For Lashes--- Daniel

6. Alkaline Trio- Radio vs
Bush - Machinehead

7. Living in a Box - Living in a Box vs Five Finger Death Punch - House of the Rising Sun

8. Guns 'n' Roses - Welcome to the Jungle vs David Nevue- Greensleeves

4. Head East-Never Been Any Reason(A random personal favorite and a great pick for the jukebox when you have a bunch of boozed up 40 year old milfs at the bar)
We sure had fun that night!

1. Keith Carradine - I'm Easy

2.Billy Talent - Surprise Surprise (Listen to the lyrics much more important than the meaningless, overrated Jailhouse Rock)

3. John Fogerty - Centerfield

4. Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb (EASY)

5. Joanna Newsom – The Sprout and the Bean vs Bat For Lashes (2 absolutely horrible song, one of the biggest snoozefet I ever heard. I actually almost fell asleep listening to both songs so I can't chose they're both to bad)

6. Alkaline Trio- Radio

7. Finger Death Punch - House of the Rising Sun

8. Guns 'n' Roses - Welcome to the Jungle

5. Joanna Newsom – The Sprout and the Bean vs Bat For Lashes (2 absolutely horrible song, one of the biggest snoozefet I ever heard. I actually almost fell asleep listening to both songs so I can't chose they're both to bad)
Swan is not going to like you.

The link for Herman's Hermits is going to an Alice Cooper song.

completely lag

1. Richard Wagner - Lohengrin Overtüre vs
Three Days Grace - Never Too Late

2. KC & The Sunshine Band - That's The Way (I Like It) vs Three Doors Down - Kryptonite

3. The Kinks-Celluloid Heroes vs
Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons

4. Lindsey Buckingham - Holiday Road vs
Idina Menzel - Let It Go

5. Grizzly Bear - On a Neck On a Spit vs Phil Collins - Something Happened On the Way to Heaven

6. Willie Nelson - Angel Flying Too Close To The Ground vs Herman's Hermits - I'm Into Something Good vs George McCrae-Rock Your Baby

8. The Sugarcubes - Birthday vs Erasure - A Little Respect