Officially the most Depressing day of the Year! How Depressed are you?

Tools    

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Personally I'm coming in at about 6/10 depressed today.

I'm sorry to hear that. Too much chocolate over Xmas?

Nah, longer term thing than that. I've been going regularly for dentists and endodontists for months now. I'm probably through the worst of it, but it still looms a bit.

You ready? You look ready.
Solid 2.5/10

And I thought Blue Monday (third Monday of January) was the most depressing day of the year.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Nah, longer term thing than that. I've been going regularly for dentists and endodontists for months now. I'm probably through the worst of it, but it still looms a bit.
Yea I saw your previous. Sorry to hear that. If there's one thing I hate it's the damn dentist.

Solid 2.5/10

And I thought Blue Monday (third Monday of January) was the most depressing day of the year.
Yea you might be right, but let's face it, this one is fairly bad.

I'm not too bad today. I'd go 4/10.

BTW, in the UK the 6th of January is the most dangerous day of the year.... Apparently there's a 25% rise in deaths on that day than the rest of the year. No idea where that stat came from though, so it's probably bollocks.

I had a friend who was a solicitor who told me the busiest day of the year in their business was the first 'regular' Monday after NYD. That's when there's a surge of divorce papers. It's quite a depressing thought really. All those people for whom that last Christmas was one too many or the one they had to get through without letting on so as not to 'spoil' the holiday.

I read that about the divorces. Frankly I'm of the opinion that no one should get married.

The road thing is maybe because everyone is tired after a tough night sleep stressing about going back to work.

Why is the most depressing day of the year? Golden Globes?
I never follow awards, not even the Óscars, they are not interesting or important to me.
But I totally understand why people love them. I don't even follow Cannes.

Yes because of Golden Globes.

New Years in general is a depressing time for me, today not so bad though.

Welcome to the human race...
I'd like to know exactly how much depression is represented by each point on the ten-point scale.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I'm too depressed to answer the question.

rofl. Reading that with your current bearded avatar was just great. You took .5 off my rating. Currently sitting at about 6/10 now, thanks

This mood has been brooding I guess. Mom texted me while at work worried she was about to get fired over days absent. Ex's bday is today. Still not over that so any reminder is a reminder. Exhausted dealing with my nephew in Florida each night. So glad I do not have kids. Tonight is the last night thankfully. But I'm the type that if one thing slips up, then all the other train cars on the track bunch up and collide. I have a way of working myself up and losing control/perspective of it all and then suddenly I'm in a panic. So friends are down. Mom is down. Ex is probably down. I'm well down past my twain markers. UGH!

Things are good though. Just having troubles keeping the heart from racing in false flags for some reason.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I'd like to know exactly how much depression is represented by each point on the ten-point scale.
exactly one-tenth, would be my guess.

rofl. Reading that with your current bearded avatar was just great. You took .5 off my rating. Currently sitting at about 6/10 now, thanks
I'm too depressed to take the beard off my avatar.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I'm actually pretty decent today. Most of it will depend on sleep, and I had two bad days previously, so I was due 8 hours.

I noticed feeling better (body and mind) the moment I got home from doing something, which has been rare, as I've been a hermit this past year. Even though I'm out of shape, towards the end of one run, I'll sprint like crazy -- just to be young. Once I got home and took off my warm clothing, I got that runner's "high" and since then, I've been trying to go out at least once a day, even for just 5 minutes. I've only missed a few days, but I'm a streaky person, so I added a few things, like sunglasses, so I could observe others. A few times, I'd smoke a doobie just to get my imagination rolling, even pretending to be a spy and a hundred other stories, especially since the nearest thing here is a strip club (and I'm the only guy who hasn't been in there, but I came close once). In my area, it probably seems suspicious. When I was running down my road today en route my house, I saw a door open fast, and as I passed I put my left hand up (backward hi?) and sorta yelled out "Just running". She responded with something I couldn't hear, but it did bother me; I just hope it won't be a deterrent. "Why is this guy running?" (of course, if there was a cute blonde jogging along with me, we'd be SO normal)... And in some cases when my imagination runs wild, I can't help but laugh, which got me even higher. Laughter is great medicine, even if you have to force it.