I don't mean to come down to hard on the movie, because I like it and it's good, accept I was find the ending to be a let down.

In the movie, the main character, Tom, has a son who is kidnapped and held for Ransom.
WARNING: "SPOILERS" spoilers below
Tom is guilty of bribery and a business scandal, and one of the people who was in on the scandal with him, went to prison. He tells the FBI the truth about his crime, and that he feels it was this man, who may be responsible for the kidnapping.
It's not though.

At the end of the movie after the real kidnapper is discovered, it ends on the same ending we've seen so many times, where whoever raises their gun and shoots first wins, and that's the end of the movie. The ending wasn't near as good as the rest of the movie, and I found the ending to be just not well thought out.

I feel it would have been a much better ending if the kidnapper is arrested instead of being shot to death, but the FBI agent investigating the case, then arrests Tom for bribery, and says that he recorded the conversation Tom had with him about it, and is now going to charge Tom with bribery, now that the kidnapper is caught and done with.

I feel it would have been the perfect ending to the movie, to have Tom be arrested for his crime, and have to awkwardly ride in the same vehicle as his son's kidnapper.

But what do you think? Would that have been the better ending?