Jonathan Majors arrested for domestic violence

Tools    

This is definitely a developing story that is going to have major consequences for Hollywood. Not only was Marvel going to use him for at least a half dozen films as Kang but he was the Oscar front runner for Magazine Dreams

This is definitely a developing story that is going to have major consequences for Hollywood. Not only was Marvel going to use him for at least a half dozen films as Kang but he was the Oscar front runner for Magazine Dreams
Unless they catch you with a dead girl or live boy, you can usually survive in Hollywood. I mean Ezra's Flash is the DC film that didn't get cancelled, so...

And the bad thing is they can't just race-swap him!
(think about it).

Domestic violence = patriarchy = westernism = white supremacy. If it comes out that he didn't vote for Biden, this will be an open and shut case.

The irony is this could be another Johnny Depp situation with a predator female but the difficulty here is what are the studios going to do with this problem. You rush to judgement against a black man in Hollywood and you are in the wrong...or you are taking the side and funding an abuser. But the news is this was his girlfriend and not a random which is really bad for him.

Twitter is going crazy right now

The irony is this could be another Johnny Depp situation with a predator female but the difficulty here is what are the studios going to do with this problem. You rush to judgement against a black man in Hollywood and you are in the wrong...or you are taking the side and funding an abuser. But the news is this was his girlfriend and not a random which is really bad for him.

Twitter is going crazy right now

The best policy is to reserve judgment. Unfortunately, we tend to only want to tap the brakes in cases of cognitive dissonance.

Thank you for keeping this Marvel specific. Hopefully, that will quash or at least impede the thread devolving into a discussion about how all minority stars are thugs, that they only became stars because of tokenism, etc.

Speaking of Twitter, I bet such types are loving this. It could be their new Christmas.

In retrospect, it's kind of surprising something like this didn't happen sooner when you consider how many people are or have been key components in the MCU and how long they've been at it. I remember thinking the same thing when Boseman died, how bad or logistically challenging news in all its forms had been pretty scarce doing the whole thing to that point.

His lawyer is claiming the accuser has recanted while others explore other options.

https://wegotthiscovered.com/celebri...lowing-arrest/

Wait, I've got this covered. You see, this was just one the bad alternate versions of him, just a variant to be pruned by the TVA and the next movie will have "good" majors.

Wait, I've got this covered. You see, this was just one the bad alternate versions of him, just a variant to be pruned by the TVA and the next movie will have "good" majors.
Ah, I see... so Majors may have gone into the distant past to become the beneficent "Rama Tut Majors" (where he will undoubtedly one day meet Ioan Gruffurd, Jessica Alba, Michael Chiklis and Chris Evans), after which he will go into the future, bypassing his phase as Kang the Conqueror completely to evolve into "Immortus Majors" at the end of time, but not before we discover he may have been a distant ancestor of actor Lee Majors (who played Steve Austin, the 6 million dollar man - not to be confused with "Stone Cold Steve Austin" or any alternate-future-counter-continuity X-Men that may bear the same or similar name)... or of Reed Richards, Dr. Doom or Reed Richards' father Nathaniel who happens to bear the same exact name as Kang's secret identity!

His crimes, in the scope of things, may turn out to be minor, that is unless we find out that along the timeline he split a studio into splinter-streams of continuity and we wound up with three sets of Fantastic Four movies: The Gorman Four, the Fantastic (Aughts) Four, and the calamity that is still known only as "Fant-4-stick".

I gotta feeling his career is about to end just as it was beginning.
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

The irony is this could be another Johnny Depp situation with a predator female ….
“Predator female”? Is that how you describe Amber Heard?

“Predator female”? Is that how you describe Amber Heard?

Only if I'm being polite.

Welcome to the human race...
Keep the jokes coming, we'll get this thread locked in no time.

A system of cells interlinked
Let's keep things out of the political arena as much as possible in here, please.

Thank you for keeping this Marvel specific. Hopefully, that will quash or at least impede the thread devolving into a discussion about how all minority stars are thugs, that they only became stars because of tokenism, etc.

I think that kind of thing isn't gonna happen here. MoFo has its share of political discussions, but I found it lightweight in comparison to other sites. But if it's happening on Twitter, keep in mind: it's Twitter. Grains of salt speak more truth than any politically-minded person on Twitter, right or left. But the first thing that came to my mind was "man assaulting a woman," and I'm a bit surprised that race even came up.

More likely if these allegations are true, then Majors is simply a person with an anger issue that's taking the first steps towards violence, and while this does not forgive it it has nothing to do with gender or skin tone. Having said that, the fact that this woman recanted her statement is suspicious, so either one could be innocent or guilty. Since the internet is going stir crazy over either defending him or cancelling him, I try to avoid the so-called "news articles."

I'm going about this neutrally, because while he could still be guilty, after the Amber Heard buzz I won't act like I should make a decision to pick a side. So right now, I think the best course of action is to discuss potential replacements for Majors if he's going to be cancelled from the MCU.

Jonathan Majors's attorney again proclaimed that the actor is innocent after a new report that multiple women are now cooperating with authorities in a domestic abuse investigation against him.

Citing sources familiar with the matter, Variety reported on Wednesday that more alleged abuse victims of Majors have come forward after the actor was arrested in New York on March 25 for an altercation involving a 30-year-old woman, who was taken to hospital with minor injuries to her head and neck.

"Jonathan Majors is innocent and has not abused anyone," his attorney Priya Chaudhry said in a statement provided to BuzzFeed News shortly after Variety published its story. "We have provided irrefutable evidence to the District Attorney that the charges are false. We are confident that he will be fully exonerated."

Majors is facing charges of assault, attempted assault, harassment, and aggravated harassment in connection with his March arrest, according to the Manhattan district attorney's office.

Majors, who had become one of Hollywood's fastest-rising new talents, has seen his stardom dim as a result of the incident. Institutions including the US Army have pulled advertising campaigns starring the actor. His talent management company and public relations firm have also reportedly cut ties with the Creed III actor.

More victims are coming forward and everyone is dumping him