New Yorker Covers

Tools    

From time to time I am going to post New Yorker covers that particularly impress me.

Trump has been a gold mine for the magazine. This one is titled Grounded.

Hahahaha I found the Cover Really Funny

Hahahaha I found the Cover Really Funny
That particular cover artist, Barry Blitt, has done some fantastic political covers. Like I said, Trump is a gold mine for cartoonists.

From time to time, I frame my covers by way of season. I am keeping this cover, entitled Private Beach, in my summer file. The artist lives in Barcelona, Spain near the beach. I love the solitary little dog.

This week's cover is entitled Hell Train. To quote the artist, "... the only thing worse than descending into a New York City subway in July is descending into a New York City subway in August.”

This cover, entitled Upstate, illustrates the artist's fear of the countryside. He feels very safe in Manhattan, but is afraid of the unknown in upstate New York. We used to have a house upstate & I felt the same way. I would walk around Manhattan in the middle of the night, but would never take a walk alone in the country.

That particular cover artist, Barry Blitt, has done some fantastic political covers. Like I said, Trump is a gold mine for cartoonists.
He's an excellent illustrator.

Entitled October 1, 2017: One Day in a Nation of Guns,” which memorializes the victims of the mass shooting in Las Vegas. The names on the cover reflect the official list of victims released by the Clark County, Nevada, Office of the Coroner and Medical Examiner.