The MoFo Top 100 of the 2010s Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Apparently, I was the only person who voted for It. It was my number 2, and It only got 24 points. Y'all people are lamos.

Heh, I just went back through the forum looking for your list to find out which movie "It' was.

I see The Raid at 165, but of course The Raid: Redemption made the countdown. Maybe a dumb question, but what movie is The Raid and were its three votes supposed to be for the other movie?

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I've seen 81 out of 100, but that includes a few movies that I started, but only got about half way through before turning them off because they're just not my type of movie, and I have no intention of ever going back to finish them. (I consider the fact that I got that far into them before turning them off to be a success attempt at watching them.)

I've seen 81 out of 100, but that includes a few movies that I started, but only got about half way through before turning them off because they're just not my type of movie, and I have no intention of ever going back to finish them. (I consider the fact that I got that far into them before turning them off to be a success attempt at watching them.)
Sounds like you and Stirchley would be good friends

Sounds like you and Stirchley would be good friends

I rarely turn off a movie, but the ones that I didn't finish turned out to be either too dark and/or gory for me to finish them. (There were only 3 or 4 of them out of over 100 movies that I watched for the countdown.)

I rarely turn off a movie, but the ones that I didn't finish turned out to be either too dark and/or gory for me to finish them. (There were only 3 or 4 of them out of over 100 movies that I watched for the countdown.)
We're polar opposites as I rarely turn one on.

I've seen 7/100 for the record.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
We're polar opposites as I rarely turn one on.
But those you turn on usually turn you on!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Several of us have seen them all.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Some fun entries that appeared back-to-back:
  • John Wick and The Act of Killing
  • Spotlight and Moonlight
  • Gravity and Interstellar

Some entries that read like a poem or a story:
  • Take Shelter, Before Midnight
  • Drive, It's Such a Beautiful Day
  • Get Out, Shoplifters
  • Spring Breakers, Shutter Island
  • Silence, Dredd, Melancholia

Society ennobler, last seen in Medici's Florence
To join feeding up the thread...
... and examining the spreadsheet, the only thing my ballot could be of help but failed was Lady Bird...

#96-99 - 80 pts
#100. The Raid - 79 pts
#107. Lady Bird - 74pts

Well, I had Parasite at #24 on my ballot, knowing it will be massively supported, so I could skip it and Lady Bird was among my last cuts. It would quite probably be around my #20-21 and thus making top 100... yeah... this movie was tasty...

That is probably my big regret...

91/100 for me, which is not bad.

I would love to know who voted for Barfi!
I still think it's an ideal recommendation for GBGoodies.

To the two others who voted for Blue Jay

I had Barfi! on my watchlist for this countdown, but I wasn't able to find it before running out of time. But it's still on my watchlist, so hopefully I'll get a chance to watch it at some point.

And Blue Jay was #8 on my list.

Society ennobler, last seen in Medici's Florence
List the titles you've seen in a theater.

So, out of 56 movies from the top 100 I've seen, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (2019) was the only film which I've seen in a movie theater.

Another one I've visited a theater for was Nebraska (2013) which unfortunately couldn't make the list.

I've seen 79 out of 100 and a whopping 51 (65%) of them in a theater. That's surprising and depressing since I've only seen 3 movies in a theater since March of 2020.

Some memorable viewings:

Arrival - Probably the most visually impressive experience since it I saw it digitally projected on a near IMAX-sized screen. Unfortunately, it was at a new dine-in theater with small trays and that didn't have it's stuff together about bringing out the meals, forcing me to awkwardly put one of my plates on the floor. Thankfully, nobody stepped on it.

Blade Runner 2049 - The theater's speakers were very, very loud, which made those Hans Zimmer "bwahhh's" cause my entire body to vibrate. It could explain why I have tinnitus.

Captain America: Civil War - I saw this on a cruise ship. Pretty cool.

Dredd - I saw this in 3D in a theater with maybe three or four other people, which made me feel equally smug and disappointed that the audience was so small.

Interstellar - The first movie I watched in a theater with my now wife (aww...).

Mad Max: Fury Road - Not much to say other than it was as awesome as I hoped it would be. When it ended, I was too full of adrenaline to get up right away, and I asked myself, "did all of that just happen?"

The Master - When it ended, an old woman with a thick European accent was asking, "what was that? What was any of that? What did any of that mean?" Pretty funny.

The Wolf of Wall Street - One of the most fun theater experiences I've ever had, mostly because the audience was in good spirits, were having a good time and had good senses of humor. They went crazy during the Quaalude scene, as you can imagine.

Shutter Island
Gone Girl
Joker
Inside Out
The Revenant
Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
Django Unchained
Inception
The Hateful Eight
The Master
The Wolf of Wall Street
Her
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
Mad Max: Fury Road

I've seen these in the theater, some of them multiple times each.