Raquel Welch RIP 1940-2023

Tools    

Sad news, she certainly brightened up my young adulthood
Requiescat in pace Raquel!

Welch has passed away according to reports today due to a brief illness.
She was 82.

A good period to live in. You live most of your life in the postwar boom. You miss WWII. Korea happens when you're in your teens. You're too old to go to 'Nam. In your life, the sound barrier is broken, we go to the moon, practical computers are created, and you could drive a car just about anywhere, or take a plane.

82 is a good run. I can't imagine wanting to be a paper-skinned centenarian laboring just to breathe. You beat the average life-span, but you don't hang on for too long.

And if you were her, you were rich, privileged, and an icon of beauty. Don't cry for Raquel. Cry for yourself. She kicked your ass.

You're too old to go to 'Nam.
Not sure to whom you’re referring (strange eulogy btw), but Raquel did go to Vietnam in 1967 to entertain the troops with Bob Hope. And they sure were entertained.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

The trick is not minding
Not sure to whom you’re referring (strange eulogy btw), but Raquel did go to Vietnam in 1967 to entertain the troops with Bob Hope. And they sure were entertained.
I’m sure he meant serving in the military. Either way, 26-27, which would have been her age around 1967, was not of the the question in terms of serving regardless. Also, I don’t know many women who were clamoring to serve the military during that time anyways. It’s a strange eulogy for sure, bringing up the various wars.

Doggone it. RIP Ms. Welch.

I haven't seen Raquel Welch in much, but I do remember how really popular she was back when I was in school. The times I did see her was on Johnny Carson's Tonight Show, she seemed like a really cool person. She'll be missed.

I haven't seen Raquel Welch in much, but I do remember how really popular she was back when I was in school. The times I did see her was on Johnny Carson's Tonight Show, she seemed like a really cool person. She'll be missed.
She is very funny in the Three Musketeers. She has a small part in Bedazzled which is another hilarious movie. Fantastic Voyage is another good movie she was in.