Post-2010s list, what should the next countdown be?

Tools    

Reminder, though, that while the eligibility stuff is important and worth discussing, it's usually something we discuss further along in the process. Right now the question is: what goes in the poll next week? Everyone seems to agree the three "losers" last time (War, Noir, Musicals) should be in the poll again. I've heard a vote for Sports films as a fourth.

Society ennobler, last seen in Medici's Florence
Regarding these countdowns, I never think about Noir as closed narrow theme. I can't imagine it without Neo-Noir. The 90's were great time for that genre full of notable titles that can't be excluded from such a big initiative as the Countdown.
In case this is argued further, then I'd insist in the poll these to be separate options: Classic Noir (40-50's) and Noir&Neo-Noir.
Well, it may be cut a bit, calling it: "The Noir and Neo-Noir of the 20th Century".

Furthermore, I'd go talking about other directions but this is for the next post...

I mean, any noir list would be a big struggle for me, but a strict noir list that excludes neo noir or only includes the neo noirs that the hardcore fans deem acceptable? Count me out.
But that's what Noir is. That's the problem. If you say everybody give me a list of your Top 10 Joaquin Phoenix movies and you start getting titles that Joaquin Phoenix isn't in, obviously you would cry foul and eliminate those titles. Then if enough of the collective said, hey, I understand not all of those movies actually have Joaquin in them, but close enough and we are going to allow them anyway...you would rightly be angry and denounce the list.

Which is why it should be Crime Films or Thrillers.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Reminder, though, that while the eligibility stuff is important and worth discussing, it's usually something we discuss further along in the process. Right now the question is: what goes in the poll next week? Everyone seems to agree the three "losers" last time (War, Noir, Musicals) should be in the poll again. I've heard a vote for Sports films as a fourth.
Comedies of the 1980s

I'm not gonna say we CAN'T have more than four, but I think the higher we got the more the vote splits, the more votes kind of get "wasted," and the more people tend to feel disappointed. That said, we can always use checkboxes instead so people can vote for all they find acceptable.

Society ennobler, last seen in Medici's Florence
That nineties list is gonna need a reboot too.....
Quote from the 2010's countdown:
One possibility I’d also like to throw out there is a 10th anniversary edition for the 90’s.
I'd second this again.

For me, the most desired thing is revisiting the decade based countdowns.
So, I'd like an option in the poll for this!

Alrighty, Sequels as well.

I guess I should also note that this can proceed one of three ways now:

1) A bunch of suggestions go on the eventual poll.
2) We create a poll to decide which of these goes on the actual poll.
3) People generally coalesce around one of these options so I can just put it with the other three and we can start sooner.

Can we have a poll with those three options on it to start with?

The trick is not minding
I know this is specifically for genre, since we typically alternate genre and decade, but in addition to the 90’s 10th anniversary (which would start next January going by precedent if passed) a few other 10th anniversaries are coming in the next 2 calendar years: in order of their anniversary; 90’s, 80’s, Comic Book Movies and the 70’s,

Something to keep in mind for future countdown polls.

And that is why I was suggesting Performances rather than just re-doing the decade lists. The tops of the lists aren't going to change dramatically so it is largely just reordering for the sake of reordering. The genre lists we have done - Horror, Sci-Fi, Comic Books, Westerns - all are continually expanding. There are no more movies from the 1990s.

If we're gonna redo the decades how about turning it thru 180 and having some "worst of" countdowns

I know there are a lot of sequels, but most of them are terrible. Absolutely everybody complains about how prevalent and generally awful and uninspired sequels are. Why on earth would we want to make a list celebrating and cataloging incessant, cash-grabbing mediocrity?!? Just to get to the ten or fifteen that don't suck and everybody already knows and agrees on?