40-49
21.43%
12 votes
50-59
8.93%
5 votes
Over 60
56 votes. You may not vote on this poll

I am 60. Barely a boomer and relate more to Gen X stuff.
I was born during the JFK admission and I've heard people include those born in the early 1960s as Baby Boomers, no way. If the Baby Boomer generation starts after 1941 then by the early 1960s the oldest Baby Boomer's were old enough to start the next generation and I don't see how one can be of the same generation as their parents. I consider myself Generation X.

From Uncle Google:
Baby boomers, often shortened to boomers, are the demographic cohort following the Silent Generation and preceding Generation X. The generation is often defined as people born from 1946 to 1964, during the post–World War II baby boom.

A system of cells interlinked
50 here...

Gen X for life!

The doors of wisdom are never shut. - 'Socrates'
40-49. Gen X.
Did you know that in the 1980s movie PREDATOR the titular character was not originally portrayed by Kevin Peter Hall. It was in fact Jean-Claude Van Damme donning a much more insect inspired full body suit before he left the production which then led to the recasting and redesigning of the famous hunter.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Only 4 under 30s in this poll so far. Sprightly 38 here.

From Uncle Google:
Baby boomers, often shortened to boomers, are the demographic cohort following the Silent Generation and preceding Generation X. The generation is often defined as people born from 1946 to 1964, during the post–World War II baby boom.
That just goes to show ya, never trust Google

"Boomer" has pretty relentlessly expanded to mean, in some particularly silly edge cases, "anyone a decade older than the speaker," or even "anyone who likes things that people a decade older than the speaker sometimes likes."

Like all generational generalizations the misuses of these phrases stems from the naïve believe that each group of people's experiences are completely unique.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
"Boomer" has pretty relentlessly expanded to mean, in some particularly silly edge cases, "anyone a decade older than the speaker," or even "anyone who likes things that people a decade older than the speaker sometimes likes."

Like all generational generalizations the misuses of these phrases stems from the naïve believe that each group of people's experiences are completely unique.

Ok, boo.. Yoda.

(giggles)

The trick is not minding
MoFo is secretly a retirement home for older, jaded cinephiles.

“In my time we didn’t rely on CGI!”

“What’s that? You haven’t heard of Truffaut?!”

“Gather around the fire pit kiddos. I’m going to tell you about the 70’s. An age of double bills, exploitation films, midnight movies and memories of 42nd street. Now that was a time…..”
*Looks off into the distance wistfully*

Gen X = 1965-1980. I was born in 1970.

*for those who are math-challenged, I am fifty-two
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra