Musical Artist Movie Hall of Fame

Tools    

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken

Welcome!

This is one half of a duo of musical-themed hall of fames. It will be running in conjunction with Citizen Rules’ Live Action Musical Hall of Fame. You are more than welcome to join this one, that one, or both.

The theme of this Hall of Fame is pretty simple. The stories of these films must be based on any real or fictional singer, musician, band, songwriter or composer.

Eligibility:
Any film (drama, comedy, musical, et.c.) or documentary that focuses around something from the list mentioned above.

Requirements:
-It would be appreciated that the participating members watch and comment on each film. It doesn’t matter if you choose to write a full review or just a few lines. Saying a little something will show that you are an active member of the HoF, and it will keep your nomination from possibly being disqualified.

Please Note:
-Please PM your nomination to me by Tuesday, February 28, 12:00 Midnight CST.
-The deadline will be based on the number of participants (with an extra week added on to that number). The deadline will be stated at the bottom of the list of nominated films.
-If, for whatever reason, a person should feel that he/she may not want to participate after the nominations have been revealed, then that person will have 24 hours after the nominations have been posted to make the decision to no longer be a part of the hall of fame. If a person should decide to stay in, it will then be assumed that he/she will finish the hall of fame. This opportunity will be available so that we can attempt to reduce the number of any possible dropouts during the run of the HoF, which will also prevent the remaining participants from having to watch any unnecessary films.

Have Fun!

***************************************************************************************************

Participants
Citizen Rules
Clazor
edarsenal
SilentVamp
ShopkeeperTriumph
Destiny
gbgoodies
Gideon58

The Buddy Holly Story (Steve Rash, 1978)
Nominated by Citizen Rules

Tenacious D in The Pick of Destiny (Liam Lynch, 2006)
Nominated by Clazor

Pink Floyd - The Wall (Alan Parker, 1982)
Nominated by edarsenal

Walk the Line (James Mangold, 2005)
Nominated by SilentVamp

Once (John Carney, 2007)
Nominated by ShopkeeperTriumph
Ineligible

Eddie and the Cruisers (Martin Davidson, 1983)
Nominated by Destiny

The Idolmaker (Taylor Hackford, 1980)
Nominated by gbgoodies

Sweet Dreams (Karel Reisz, 1985)
Nominated by Gideon58

La Bamba (Luis Valdez, 1987)
Nominated by Citizen Rules

School of Rock (Richard Linklater, 2003)
Nominated by Clazor

Amadeus (Milos Forman, 1984)
Nominated by edarsenal

The Commitments (Alan Parker, 1991)
Nominated by SilentVamp

Get Him to the Greek (Nicholas Stoller, 2010)
Nominated by ShopkeeperTriumph
Ineligible

Coal Miner’s Daughter (Michael Apted, 1980)
Nominated by Destiny

The Jazz Singer (Richard Fleischer, 1980)
Nominated by gbgoodies

Ray (Taylor Hackford, 2004)
Nominated by Gideon58

Deadline: Sunday, July 2nd

The Buddy Holly Story
gbgoodies
CitizenRules
Gideon58
Clazor
SilentVamp
edarsenal

Tenacious D in The Pick of Destiny
edarsenal
Citizen Rules
Gideon58
SilentVamp
gbgoodies
Clazor

Pink Floyd – The Wall
Gideon58
gbgoodies
SilentVamp
edarsenal
Citizen Rules
Clazor

Walk the Line
gbgoodies
Gideon58
Citizen Rules
Clazor
SilentVamp
edarsenal
**Nestorio_Miklos

Once*
edarsenal
GIdeon58
gbgoodies

Eddie and the Cruisers
Gideon58
Citizen Rules
SilentVamp
Clazor

The Idolmaker
Citizen Rules
SilentVamp
Gideon58
Clazor

Sweet Dreams
edarsenal
Gideon58
SilentVamp
CitizenRules
gbgoodies
Clazor

La Bamba
gbgoodies
Citizen Rules
SilentVamp
edarsenal
Clazor

School of Rock
Gideon58
SilentVamp
Citizen Rules
gbgoodies
edarsenal
Clazor
**Nestorio_Miklos

Amadeus
gbgoodies
edarsenal
Citizen Rules
Gideon58
Clazor
SilentVamp
**Nestorio_Miklos

The Commitments
edarsenal
Gideon58
Citizen Rules
SilentVamp
gbgoodies
Clazor

Get Him to the Greek*
Gideon58
gbgoodies

Coal Miner’s Daughter
gbgoodies
Gideon58
Citizen Rules
edarsenal
SilentVamp
Clazor

The Jazz Singer
Citizen Rules
Gideon58
SilentVamp
edarsenal
Clazor

Ray
Gideon58
Citizen Rules
SilentVamp
edarsenal
gbgoodies
Clazor

Nothing good comes from staying with normal people
Eh, why not? I'm in, SV. Will send nomination shortly.

Eh, why not? I'm in, SV. Will send nomination shortly.
Great! And you still have a few days to send in the nomination. So no rush there right now.

Edit: Ignore this because you just sent it.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
sending my nom right now

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
This HoF will probably have a much wider variety of music than the other one, and I don't want to join, and then drop out just because I don't like the type of music in some of the nominated movies, so I'm thinking about joining this HoF, but I'm not sure if I should join this or not. If I decide to join, I have no intentions of dropping out even if the music isn't my type of music, so I'll let you know by the end of the weekend.

Best of luck with this, same with Citizens one. I would join one of them but i'm not a big fan of musicals so i think there'd be a high percentage of films not for me and i'd rather not be relentlessly negative. Also i just joined 4 Hall of Fames (not counting Animated Shorts) in a row so i would like to take a break from them.

If there's anything i'm interested in i might watch it and join in with the discussion.

This HoF will probably have a much wider variety of music than the other one, and I don't want to join, and then drop out just because I don't like the type of music in some of the nominated movies, so I'm thinking about joining this HoF, but I'm not sure if I should join this or not. If I decide to join, I have no intentions of dropping out even if the music isn't my type of music, so I'll let you know by the end of the weekend.
There is a variety so far. And this will be a very varied HoF, which I kind of like. There is a variation on the type of movies, too. But, yes, it is up to you.

If there's anything i'm interested in i might watch it and join in with the discussion.
Of course, you can take a break, but if you really wanted to join in after the films have been posted, and they seem interesting enough to you, I'd let you join, if you want to. I am willing to break rules for people, if they really want to join. And there aren't really any musicals in here in the sense that I think you mean. At least not yet.

@Camo I always say, though, that you can never lure someone into temptation unless the desire was already there to begin with.

It is up to you, of course. In fact, if anyone wanted to join after they saw the nominations, I would let them. I don't care.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
I do like the idea behind this and looking forward to see what gets nominated.

And really like the laid back approach you're going with, SV.

And camo and GBG, even if you just pop in occasionally or join in later; that would be pretty great

I do like the idea behind this and looking forward to see what gets nominated.

And really like the laid back approach you're going with, SV.

And camo and GBG, even if you just pop in occasionally or join in later; that would be pretty great
The more the merrier

@Camo I always say, though, that you can never lure someone into temptation unless the desire was already there to begin with.

It is up to you, of course. In fact, if anyone wanted to join after they saw the nominations, I would let them. I don't care.
Yeah, i'm definitely tempted but i'm going to sit this one out. I was planning on sitting out the 12th but then Cricket called me a goat (it won't work twice so don't try ) and i just wasn't going to stand for that haha. If i hadn't joined that one i may have joined this but since i did that means i was in the 10th, 11th, 40s, Animation and 12th all after each other not to mention the Animated Shorts one that i ran. The 10th started in June last year so that's 8 months of these and with watching others nominations and my personal life i haven't really had a chance to consistently watch movies of my own choice for a while.

Thanks alot though and as i said i'll follow it and chip in if i can. Best of luck, same with the Live Action Musical HOF.

Edit: Actually, i even forgot about the Animation one i was in so that was 5 in a row basically.

Yeah, i'm definitely tempted but i'm going to sit this one out
Oh, fine then!
But I understand.

I am tempted by this...
Well, all I can say to you is what I have said to Camo:
I always say, though, that you can never lure someone into temptation unless the desire was already there to begin with.

I thought that you might be interested in this one, too. So we would love to have you be a part of it. I was just wondering if you were going to be back on here in time for the start of these (I knew you didn't leave this place because you never even finished your top movie list ).

I am tempted by this...
Hello! Long time, no talk. How have you been?

OK, Vamp has PMed me about this thread, and way back when, when this idea was first made, we did discuss it a lot. I did post my love for the idea, as well as the movies that would work for this thread.

So OK, I will join in on this thread. Thanks for the invite, Miss Vamp. I will go with the movie I PMed to you, earlier today.

I will go with the movie I PMed to you, earlier today.
Like there was really any other movie that you were even going to maybe nominate.