Tagging in Posts

Tools    

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
Just a thought because I've seen a lot of people doing it recently, but obviously I have no idea what it would take to be implemented. If we could have the ability to tag other members in posts that would send notifications upon being tagged I think many members would find it useful.

Yeah, I'd love to do this. It's something you'll find on some other forums, but we're using older software because I've customized it quite a bit over the years, so no out-of-the-box solution can do all the highly specific things I've modified this to do.

Anyway, this hasn't happened yet because I'm pretty sure it'll be a large-to-moderate amount of work. But it's definitely a great feature and something I would like to take a crack at at some point.

I've got a few mid-sized or larger features I'm considering doing next, but I'll definitely put this into the mix.

I'll just get inundated with Young Guns posts from SC that I'd rather ignore
I didn't think of that, but thanks.

Hey, I just found this and I think it's fun that it finally ended up happening a few years later. I just wanted to highlight this for anyone who heard me say I'd think about something or put it on the to-do list: it really can happen. It's not just me blowing you off politely.