Your Favorite Bad Movies

Tools    

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Van Damme's early stuff, Bloodsport, Kickboxer, Double impact.

Flash Gordon, everytime i watch it i think,
"Why do so many people like this movie so much??",

then i think "Why do i like this movie so much??"

Really can't explain.
Oh, and those Doug Mcclure sci-fi B Movies.

If it 'stars' Martin Lawerence, and it isn't the first Bad Boys film, then it's bad enough to be in this thread.

Iron Sky. An incredibly low-budget movie, and so bad that it is hilarious. One of the best spoofs I've seen in a long time, and it shows how the rest of the world views the U.S. I loved it.

[IMG][/IMG]

Haven't watched it since child hood, but I always got a laugh out of Flubber

There's tons of others one to mention, but I never talked about this one on the site.

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
Haha, yeah, Flubber's a good bad one. My friends and I just had some good fun making fun of Starship Troopers. It's difficult to make a sci-fi movie that doesn't age so quickly.

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
Flash Gordon is awesome. It completely transcends the labels of 'good' or 'bad' with its awesomeness.

My choice is Striptease. Terrible, terrible film, but completely hilarious and more entertaining than a lot of supposedly good films. The Wicker Man is also horrible, but Nicolas Cage's insane performance takes it to another level. Love that film and love the Cage.

And a thread like this wouldn't be complete without some bad action movies, so how about On Deadly Ground and Double Impact? So bad they're amazingly enjoyable.

They're the kind of movies whose perfect failure is almost as improbable as Citizen Kane's complete success.
I love this description! It reminds me of The Architect's "explanation" of the Matrix in The Matrix Reloaded but bluedeed, yours made more sense.

It's hard for me to put down any movie in a malicious way, so this thread is fun, given some of y'all's reasons for considering them bad/enjoying them, which I totally believe you can do.

I gotta agree with Monkeypunch, I love Good Burger. One of those light, fluffy films that you can have on in the background while you do other stuff and still stop and laugh at certain parts.

It's hard for me to pick a movie as "bad" if I consider it watchable. But, okay, I will. I think Star Trek V:The Final Frontier is a bad movie, but I can still watch it over and over...I think Shatner was really trying to make a good movie but his ego was bigger than the budget.

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
It's hard for me to pick a movie as "bad" if I consider it watchable. But, okay, I will. I think Star Trek V:The Final Frontier is a bad movie, but I can still watch it over and over...I think Shatner was really trying to make a good movie but his ego was bigger than the budget.
Yes, but what would God need with a starship?

I love this movie as well.

The most loathsome of all goblins
My friends and I just had some good fun making fun of Starship Troopers. It's difficult to make a sci-fi movie that doesn't age so quickly.
Not only is Starship Troopers a fantastic film, but it has hardly aged at all. The special effects are spectacular.

It's also damn funny on its own, seeing as how it's actually a satire of the original novel, as well as militarism in general. The homage to "Triumph of the Will" at the beginning is particularly brilliant in this respect.

It's also damn funny on its own, seeing as how it's actually a satire of the original novel, as well as militarism in general. The homage to "Triumph of the Will" at the beginning is particularly brilliant in this respect.
It pokes some fun, but I think it preserves some of the respect heinlein has for militarism. In Heinleins novel and film, there is definitely a respect for a strict organization based on meritocracy and virtue of self sacrifice. High intelligence students become navigators/pilots, "dumb" jocks become infantry meat. It remains a great movie. I think it's subtleties are missed because of it's rushed pace of turning a novel in to a film. see also: the watchmen.

memorable quotes
http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0005423/quotes

Johnny Rico:
Someone asked me once if I knew the difference between a civilian and a citizen. I know now. A citizen has the courage to make the safety of the human race their personal responsibility. Dizzy was my friend. She was a soldier. But most important, she was a citizen of the Federation.

I'm with Tarantinon Foxy Brown. some consider it a typical trashy blaxploitation film, but I loved it.

Foxy Brown is a great film. One of the HK 100.

I don't think Starship Troopers is respecting the military. It's ridiculing fascism and the US's drift into neo-fascism and the fetishizing of the military.

The most loathsome of all goblins
It pokes some fun, but I think it preserves some of the respect heinlein has for militarism.
It does far more than just poke some fun, the movie is filled with jabs at Heinlein's "utopia." The writers themselves even admit they hated the themes of the novel and so they completely changed the tone.
In Heinleins novel and film, there is definitely a respect for a strict organization based on meritocracy and virtue of self sacrifice. High intelligence students become navigators/pilots, "dumb" jocks become infantry meat. It remains a great movie. I think it's subtleties are missed because of it's rushed pace of turning a novel in to a film.
There's hardly any "subtlety" to Heinlein's novel. Hell, his version of the characters are even more one-dimensional than in the film, and at least in the movie it's intentional. Furthermore, what you perceive in the film as being "respect for a strict organization based on meritocracy and virtue of self sacrifice" is just the opposite.

I suggest you re-watch it.. Just listen to the audio commentary, it might enlighten you as to what they were actually going for. The director even talks about how he couldn't even finish the book because he thought Heinlein's ideas were so reprehensible that it actually made him depressed.

Some people have even called the film "All Quiet on the Final Frontier," heh.

I have to say The Rocky Horror Picture Show.
Yes, it has been my favorite for almost a 10 years and I don't even know why. I even know all the songs and lyrics! And my favorite actor, Tim Curry, did the role so good and was fabulous. I never get tired to watch it. It's the silliest movie ever.

Also Army of Darkness. I just laughed my ass off. What is wrong with that movie?

But if I had to choose one of the baddest movie I have ever seen, it would be this.
The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl
I'm so disappointed to myself for spending 93 min of my life on this.

Listen up you primitive screwhead, Army of Darkness is NOT a bad movie.
Too right! Army of darkness is awesome for all the right reasons,

Deffinitely doesn't belong in the "so bad it's good" category.