Obi-Wan Kenobi, Disney+ series

Tools    

The truth is in here
Even though I know it's just to safeguard themselves after the Solo failure, I think it's a much smarter idea to make it into a TV series, so they really get time to flesh out the character and do some interesting stuff with him beyond just "Hey, eva wunda how Obi-Wan gottis beard?". I hope it's live-action as well, since so far there have only been animated Star Wars shows.

Can't say I want this at all, since I am by no means a fan of the Prequel Trilogy, so if it were to come out, I'd probably end up not watching it, lest it received big-time critical acclaim.

But I seriously doubt this rumor is even true. If we ignore the fact that it's been rumored and shot down several times in the last few years, we also have to take into consideration that Disney have all but(rightfully) ignored the Prequel Trilogy, and have focused on making their Star Wars feel like the Original Trilogy.

Boldly going.
I'm surprised there's not more talk about this since the trailer came out.
Anyways, I don't see the point of the show. We know it won't change anything. Kenobi and Luke are hiding on Tattooine at the beginning of the show, and they will still be hiding on Tattooine at the end of the show. It's like the movie Solo, which was unnecessary too. It's fan service, nothing more.

Welcome to the human race...
I think you just outlined the reason why there's not more talk about it.

Boldly going.
not a fan of star wars but i definitely will watch it cause ewan mcgregor and hayden is in it loved their movies!!
So Darth Vader is in it? Well, I suppose the dialogue in A New Hope (ANH) is vague enough that Vader and Obi-Wan could have met between Mustafar and ANH.
Vader [to Obi-Wan]: "When last we met, I was but the learner. Now I am the master."
I had always taken this as a reference to their master-trainee relationship, which ended on Mustafar, but Vader may have meant "learner" in a general way - for example, teaching someone a lesson in combat.

However, the following dialogue is less-vague and makes Vader's appearance more problematic:
Obi-Wan [to Luke]: "Obi-Wan Kenobi? Now that's a name I haven't heard for a long, long, time... since, oh, before you were born."
Technically, Yoda called him "Obi-Wan" just after Luke was born. And I'll be surprised if no one calls him "Obi-Wan" in the Disney+ show, especially Vader (if they meet).
We do know that Kenobi was not telling Luke the truth about Vader, but for what reason would Kenobi lie about the last time he was called Obi-Wan?

So Darth Vader is in it? Well, I suppose the dialogue in A New Hope (ANH) is vague enough that Vader and Obi-Wan could have met between Mustafar and ANH.
Vader [to Obi-Wan]: "When last we met, I was but the learner. Now I am the master."
I had always taken this as a reference to their master-trainee relationship, which ended on Mustafar, but Vader may have meant "learner" in a general way - for example, teaching someone a lesson in combat.

However, the following dialogue is less-vague and makes Vader's appearance more problematic:
Obi-Wan [to Luke]: "Obi-Wan Kenobi? Now that's a name I haven't heard for a long, long, time... since, oh, before you were born."
Technically, Yoda called him "Obi-Wan" just after Luke was born. And I'll be surprised if no one calls him "Obi-Wan" in the Disney+ show, especially Vader (if they meet).
We do know that Kenobi was not telling Luke the truth about Vader, but for what reason would Kenobi lie about the last time he was called Obi-Wan?
yes hayden plays darth vader it shows the cast.

Obi-Wan Kenobi
(2022)
I watched the first episode today and really liked it. I'm not a big Star Wars fan but I have been waiting to see this.

The actress who played 10-year-old Princess Leia Organa was very good. She was smart and witty just like Carrie Fisher's character Leia.

Watching 2nd episode and my favorite line just appeared:

Obi-Wan: If anyone asks we are farmers from Towah (sp) and you are my daughter.
Leia: Granddaughter maybe (under her breathe)
Obi-Wan: What?

a kid with reviews in his pod
do i have to watch the mandalorian and bobba fett first before to watch obi wan kenobi?
Certainly not. Kenobi is set after the events of Episode 3 (Revenge of the Sith) and before the events of Episode IV (A New Hope) and with the Mandalorian/Bobba Fett taking place after Episode VI (Return of the Jedi), you're safe going in relatively blind.

Most Recent Review:
Top Gun: Maverick (2022)

Certainly not. Kenobi is set after the events of Episode 3 (Revenge of the Sith) and before the events of Episode IV (A New Hope) and with the Mandalorian/Bobba Fett taking place after Episode VI (Return of the Jedi), you're safe going in relatively blind.
oh ok im not fan of star wars like i loved the original star wars and with ewan and natalie and hayden but not the new ones. i love the mandalorian and this one

We've gone on holiday by mistake
First couple of episodes were OK I guess, the 3rd episode was an abomination of stupidity.

Star Wars really suffers from a lack of depth and lore, like think of the world of Game of Thrones, rich backstory and detail of kingdoms, past events etc. Disney have nothing but prequels and trying to please everyone by throwing in old favourite characters like Vader and Kenobi, but they don't please us, they insult us.

They just continue to look so stupid for throwing away 35-40 years of galaxy building with the EU and not moving into future stories, creative processes take time and patience but all they've got is the Mandalorian which isn't anything special, and shit like Kenobi/Boba Fett( another legend ruined).

I guess it's not enough that they keep making shit, but they have to spoil and ret con OG characters/stories. Clearly Vader and Kenobi were not meant to meet between 3 and 4, and why make Kenobi such a pathetic weakling?? Vader shouldn't be able to toss around Kenobi, a jedi master and his previous equal like a ragdoll.

I don't think I'm watching anymore of this nonsense.

This you tube comment sums it up well.

"Lucasfilm is the equivalent of a gravedigger, going from classic character to classic character, digging them up and parading them around for easy money. They don’t care about the characters or the quality of the story, they just want the easy brand recognition. Star Wars fans need to stop giving them money or they won’t stop"

The doors of wisdom are never shut. - 'Socrates'
When I first heard news of a new show called Obi-Wan Kenobi I'm not going to lie i was thinking amazing. But seeing how they ruined Boba Fett i had a bad feeling about this new show.

Don't get me wrong its great seeing EM back as Obi-Wan and CH as Vader but this is not the same Obi character as in the prequels. Gone is the confidence and his wise cracking quips. Gone is his use of the Force and his almost unbeatable Lightsaber skills. We're left with a man who bears almost no similarity to his old character.

I don't mind that Obi and Vader faced off again between Ep3 & Ep4 but i think it should have happened long before 10 years had passed so it would still fit with Vaders line in E4 "When I left you I was but the learner but now I am the master!" At the time at the end of E3 he was just learning about the Dark Side so they could have fought again shortly after that but after 10 years Vader would no longer be a learner so that means a fight wouldn't make sense.

Also Vader seemed quite surprised at how weak Obi's powers had become in E4 which is repeated in the Kenobi show. The fact that Kenobi seems to play second fiddle to the new Reeva character is pretty bad. I find her character and the acting involved just dreadful. How she survived without the others getting rid of her long before now is a mystery.

Baby Leia is also not well written either. She's smart and sassy when the writing makes her so and incredibly stupid for the same reasons. Don't get me started on the whole running away fiasco as that was just embarrassing. I really do hope that the show gets better but with only 3 episodes left its not looking great.

Its just quite sad that they've ruined yet another Star Wars character.
Did you know that in the 1980s movie PREDATOR the titular character was not originally portrayed by Kevin Peter Hall. It was in fact Jean-Claude Van Damme donning a much more insect inspired full body suit before he left the production which then led to the recasting and redesigning of the famous hunter.

When I first heard news of a new show called Obi-Wan Kenobi I'm not going to lie i was thinking amazing. But seeing how they ruined Boba Fett i had a bad feeling about this new show.

Don't get me wrong its great seeing EM back as Obi-Wan and CH as Vader but this is not the same Obi character as in the prequels. Gone is the confidence and his wise cracking quips. Gone is his use of the Force and his almost unbeatable Lightsaber skills. We're left with a man who bears almost no similarity to his old character.

I don't mind that Obi and Vader faced off again between Ep3 & Ep4 but i think it should have happened long before 10 years had passed so it would still fit with Vaders line in E4 "When I left you I was but the learner but now I am the master!" At the time at the end of E3 he was just learning about the Dark Side so they could have fought again shortly after that but after 10 years Vader would no longer be a learner so that means a fight wouldn't make sense.

Also Vader seemed quite surprised at how weak Obi's powers had become in E4 which is repeated in the Kenobi show. The fact that Kenobi seems to play second fiddle to the new Reeva character is pretty bad. I find her character and the acting involved just dreadful. How she survived without the others getting rid of her long before now is a mystery.

Baby Leia is also not well written either. She's smart and sassy when the writing makes her so and incredibly stupid for the same reasons. Don't get me started on the whole running away fiasco as that was just embarrassing. I really do hope that the show gets better but with only 3 episodes left its not looking great.

Its just quite sad that they've ruined yet another Star Wars character.
Why can't they just make their own characters to ruin and leave legends (several of them) alone?

Why can't they just make their own characters to ruin and leave legends (several of them) alone?
Its because they don't know how to actually create something original. Their writers can only churn up existing characters and franchises. Look at the LOTR show for example.

Its because they don't know how to actually create something original. Their writers can only churn up existing characters and franchises. Look at the LOTR show for example.
I would have loved to be a fly on the wall at Disney/Lucasfilm from the moment they purchased Star Wars.

Their game plan has been a monumental embarrassment, we'll make a weak virtual copy of the OT, then we'll spend 5 years taking turns at prequels (Mandalorian aside) with all the old characters which we'll ruin and retcon along the way, oh and you know that decades worth and writing and characters that continued on from ROTJ, we'll just bin that and have no obvious replacement.

I would have loved to be a fly on the wall at Disney/Lucasfilm from the moment they purchased Star Wars.

Their game plan has been a monumental embarrassment, we'll make a weak virtual copy of the OT, then we'll spend 5 years taking turns at prequels (Mandalorian aside) with all the old characters which we'll ruin and retcon along the way, oh and you know that decades worth and writing and characters that continued on from ROTJ, we'll just bin that and have no obvious replacement.
I know. I hated that they did away with the Star Wars Expanded Universe. There were so many characters created for that ie Mara Jade, Corran Horn, Kyle Katarin and Revan to name but a few. They could have made an amazing sequel trilogy with EU characters rather than Rey, Po and Finn. Heck they could have started a new trilogy with the Old Republic such as in the games as there were thousands of years worth of lore to draw upon or to create new stories for a new generation.