The Twilight Zone Hall of Fame

Tools    

Wow, I just got 24 upvotes when I signed in. You guys must really like me

Regardless, I'm glad you all enjoyed this Hall. It was a real blast hosting it.

Wow, I just got 24 upvotes when I signed in. You guys must really like me

Regardless, I'm glad you all enjoyed this Hall. It was a real blast hosting it.
Half of those were mine I'm sure I know you're heading off to Italy soon and so can't host another one of these until summer but could you join one after you get back from Italy?

Half of those were mine I'm sure I know you're heading off to Italy soon and so can't host another one of these until summer but could you join one after you get back from Italy?
Once I get back, I should be able to join another one.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
Here's my final scorecard. This WAS great and YES a Star Trek one would be really great.
Congrats to @Torgo!! Monsters was #1 for me. A truly excellent nom in a wide spectrum of excellent episodes.
THANK YOU @SpelingError for hosting!! BRAVO sir, BRAVO!!!

1. The Monsters Are Due On Maple Street #1
2. One for the Angels TIE #7
3. It's a Good Life (Mine) #5
4. Time Enough At Last #6
5. Will the Real Martian Please Stand Up? TIE #11
6. Nothing in the Dark #2
7. And When the Sky Opened #3

8. An Occurrence At Owl Creek Bridge #14 (Mine)
9. The Invaders #4
10. A Game of Pool #10
11. The Encounter #16
12. Walking Distance #9
13. A Stop At Willoughby TIE #11
14. A Nice Place to Visit #15
15. A Passage for Trumpet #17
16. The After Hours TIE #7
17. The Midnight Sun #13

Here's my final scorecard. This WAS great and YES a Star Trek one would be really great...
I didn't realize you were a Star Trek fan Ed.

So if we do a Star Trek HoF what does it encompass?

I know we have some original Star Trek series fans here maybe they would join.

I didn't realize you were a Star Trek fan Ed.

Grew up with the reruns and was a big fan of the original series, and I appreciated The Next Generation and drifted off on the variations that followed. I always watched the Original Cast Star Trek films at the theater when they came out and fully believe the reboot did both honor and service to the original series.

I was thinking it over regarding what it should encompass. Since there are many fans that have gone where. . . etc. etc. lol in the various spin-offs and reimagined series.
For myself, I would happily stay with the original series but that would be a selfish restriction and I would imagine that if we opened that gate it would be correct to open it wide and include all of them.

What are your thoughts on it?

Grew up with the reruns and was a big fan of the original series, and I appreciated The Next Generation and drifted off on the variations that followed. I always watched the Original Cast Star Trek films at the theater when they came out and fully believe the reboot did both honor and service to the original series.

I was thinking it over regarding what it should encompass. Since there are many fans that have gone where. . . etc. etc. lol in the various spin-offs and reimagined series.
For myself, I would happily stay with the original series but that would be a selfish restriction and I would imagine that if we opened that gate it would be correct to open it wide and include all of them.

I'd say the safest bet would be a Original Series Star Trek just because I know of several people (gbgoodies, Captain Steel, Mesmerized) who love the original but aren't fans of the other TV series. Hopefully they might join and you and Torgo and more people to. So who wants to host it?

I thought I might have been in the minority on a preference for the Original lol.

I imagine if we post in the usual spot there may be enough discussion and thereby, a volunteer to Host. I wouldn't have the additional time to run a secondary HoF.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Unfortunately I was busy yesterday, and I missed the results.

While ranking my list, I was surprised that a few of the episodes that have been long-time favorites of mine ended up lower than I expected. But this was a great HoF because even the episodes at the bottom of the list were very good episodes. They were just overshadowed by better episodes.

This was my list:

1) And When the Sky Was Opened
2) Will the Real Martian Please Stand Up?
3) The Monsters Are Due on Maple Street
4) Time Enough At Last
5) One for the Angels

6) Nothing in the Dark
7) A Game of Pool
8) A Passage for Trumpet
9) A Stop At Willoughby
10) Walking Distance

11) The After Hours
12) The Invaders
13) It's a Good Life
14) A Nice Place to Visit
15) The Encounter

16) Wordplay/Dreams For Sale/Chameleon (1985 Revival)
17) The Midnight Sun
* 18) An Occurrence At Owl Creek Bridge

* Just a note about "An Occurrence At Owl Creek Bridge". I thought it was a very good episode, but it ended up on the bottom of my list because it didn't feel like a Twilight Zone episode. If this had just been a general HoF, it would have placed higher on my list.

What other series would work for a Hall of Fame, I wonder? The Outer Limits, maybe? Star Trek? Maybe not since you sort of need familiarity with the characters to truly appreciate any given episode. Golden Girls?

I don't remember The Outer Limits well enough to pick an episode for a HoF, but I might join and just blind pick an episode based on a synopsis.

I'd definitely join a Star Trek HoF.

I love Golden Girls, but I don't know if enough other people would be interested.

Would there be any interest in a HoF for The Big Bang Theory, or am I the only one who loves that show?

@Citizen Rules, Some guest stars on The Big Bang Theory are William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy, George Takei, LeVar Burton, Wil Wheaton, Buzz Aldrin, Stephen Hawking, Bill Gates, Christopher Lloyd, Billy Bob Thornton, Bob Newhart, Adam West, Kathy Bates and many more.

If we do a Star Trek HoF, I think it should be open to any of the series, but not the movies. Just like the TZ HoF, there's no reason to limit it to just the original series. Just like in this HoF, if most people are fans of TOS, than that's probably where most of nominations will be picked from, but it would make it more interesting if we get a nice variety of episodes from a few different series.

@Citizen Rules, Some guest stars on The Big Bang Theory are William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy, George Takei, LeVar Burton, Wil Wheaton, Buzz Aldrin, Stephen Hawking, Bill Gates, Christopher Lloyd, Billy Bob Thornton, Bob Newhart, Adam West, Kathy Bates and many more.
The only episode I've ever watched guest-starred Summer Glau (she was the sole reason I watched it, too).

I'd say the safest bet would be a Original Series Star Trek just because I know of several people (gbgoodies, Captain Steel, Mesmerized) who love the original but aren't fans of the other TV series. Hopefully they might join and you and Torgo and more people to. So who wants to host it?

TOS is definitely my favorite of the Star Trek series, but I have mixed feelings on the other series. There are some terrific episodes of TNG, but I gave up on DS9 and Enterprise before their final seasons. I watched all of Voyager, but I don't remember most of the episodes. The animated series had some pretty good episodes too, but I haven't seen them in a while.

I'm still trying to catch up on the new shows, Discovery, Picard, etc.

The only episode I've ever watched guest-starred Summer Glau (she was the sole reason I watched it, too).

That was the episode where they meet her on the train to San Francisco. It's a great episode, but if you're not familiar with the characters, you probably didn't appreciate most of the jokes.

I don't remember The Outer Limits well enough to pick an episode for a HoF, but I might join and just blind pick an episode based on a synopsis.

I'd definitely join a Star Trek HoF.

I love Golden Girls, but I don't know if enough other people would be interested.

Would there be any interest in a HoF for The Big Bang Theory, or am I the only one who loves that show?

I've not seen The Big Bang Theory but who knows if you wanted to host an HoF for that it might be popular.

I was hoping someone would come forward and want to host a Star Trek or Outer Limits HoF, maybe they still will.

I've not seen The Big Bang Theory but who knows if you wanted to host an HoF for that it might be popular.

I was hoping someone would come forward and want to host a Star Trek or Outer Limits HoF, maybe they still will.

As much as I'd like to host a HoF, I don't think it's a good idea anytime soon. I sometimes get busy and miss a few days here, so I can't guarantee being a good host. (At least not until my schedule settles down a bit.)

LOOOOVE Big Bang!!

And agree with gbg about keeping star trek open for variety and the fans of the original will choose accordingly.
And don't worry CR a Host WILL appear.