The Hobbit

Tools    

Originally Posted by darkhorizons.com

Thursday, January 8, 2004

'Adzmullz1' alerted us that Sir Ian McKellen is up for playing Gandalf again in The Hobbit, once the rights issues are cleared up.

Sir Ian McKellen appeared on Channel 4 talk show 'Richard and Judy' this afternoon and was asked about the latest situation on 'The Hobbit'.

He said, "There is currently a situation where two companies own the rights, but when that's sorted out Peter (Jackson) and I will sit and talk it over. We've mentioned it recently and Peter is looking forward to getting it into production".

McKellen also went on to mention that he looks foward to playing Gandalf the Grey again, as he sees Gandalf the White as a "stick in the mud".

Director Peter Jackson will be busy with King Kong for quite a while, but after that anything's possible.

fantastic is what I think, and maybe then McKellan will get his deserved academy for gandalf the grey, second chances do not come so often. The idea of them doing The Hobbit is wonderful. Gives us pitiful 'ringers' something to look forward to AFTER ROTK EE. hehe i love being a geek.

Then they need to make an adaptation of the Silmarillion.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Too bad they didnt make this one before the LOTR's it would of set things nicely up for it, but all the same, this will be a film all LOTR's fans will see and perhaps a few more people after that...

Yea I hope they do it!I would not mind looking forward to seeing it maybe next Christmas or in 2005 either!
I always wanted them to make a movie out of the Hobbit and if they do I will be so happy!
OH PLEASE MAKE A MOVIE PRETTY PLEASE WITH A CHERRY ON TOP?see you around!JM
Favorite Movie of all time:Star Wars!
Online offline boyfriend:AdarkSideJedi(brad)
Other Sites I belong tooeathcurse.com Darkmark.com and StarWars.com and Adult Swim.com!

Feed me breadcrumbs

Yeah man, was I ever dissapointed that LOTR was made before the Hobbit. However PJ obvoiously wanted to do the more loved of Tolkeins works, and who can blame him he did a great job. But it really pleasing to see that he's trying to complete the circle with the Hobbit, because I couldn't imagine anyone else doing the same quality of work.

I would really want a Hobbit movie. As long as they make it, ill see it.

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
Then they need to make an adaptation of the Silmarillion.
I don't think they should do that. I mean the Silmarillion book reads like the bible. And there is just too much information to put into a movie. Anyway, the Hobbit is my favorite of all Tolkien's works. I'm reading LOTR for a fifth time cuz a kid at school tore up my Hobbit book. But I'm ecstatic about them doing a Hobbit movie. I haven't been this excited since I heard the RUMOR of Def Leppard touring with KISS.
And found he was eating his shoe.

The Strongest Girl Alive
ya as long as it's Peter Jackson doing it I'm sure it'll be great. but I wonder who they'll cast as Bilbo, could they actually use Ian Holm?

Originally Posted by Courtsnz
ya as long as it's Peter Jackson doing it I'm sure it'll be great. but I wonder who they'll cast as Bilbo, could they actually use Ian Holm?
it's quite possible, but i doubt he'll be up for it. it will be great, and i think will be VERY true to the book.

Originally Posted by allthatglitters
it's quite possible, but i doubt he'll be up for it.
Yeah, I don't think he'd accept, but it'd be nice if he did! If they could make him look young in FOTR, they can make him look just as young in the Hobbit. I think it'll be awesome when it gets made. For those who have read the book, the Battle of the Five Armies. . .sweet. Beorn at the Battle of Five Armies. . .even sweeter! Riddles in the Dark. . .AAAAHHHHHH IT'LL BE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

oh I know! ok I had just finished reading The Hobbit and was half way into FOTR when I went to go see FOTR the movie and when I heard that little snippet of Andy Serkis as Gollum I was like "Wow! That's exactly how I pictured his voice to look". SO of course a movie without Andy Serkis as Gollum would be...well...I won't say...

The Strongest Girl Alive
oh I know! ok I had just finished reading The Hobbit and was half way into FOTR when I went to go see FOTR the movie and when I heard that little snippet of Andy Serkis as Gollum I was like "Wow! That's exactly how I pictured his voice to look". SO of course a movie without Andy Serkis as Gollum would be...well...I won't say...

I completely agree! Andy Serkis is a must!

I still don't see why he would not make it!I mean he will get alot of money for it and like the other three movies it will be a box office hit!
Excert for "Star Wars three" there is really not another movie I am looking forward to seeing!and if he does the Hobbit I would go see it it will make a nice Christmas movie to watch!
If anyone knows for sure that he is going to do the Hobbit let me know right away I really want to know!See you around!JM I mean if he can turn the lord of the rings into a movie why not The Hobbit too?!

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
I'll be VERY upset if they don't. Ian is perfectly cast, and the only Bilbo I'd want to see.

That is, other than the animated Bilbo. He's pretty awesome too.

Its too bad we won't see this till christmas 2005 at the very earliest

Originally Posted by ArchibaldTuttle
Its too bad we won't see this till christmas 2005 at the very earliest
oh no-that makes it all the better. it's the anticipation of waiting for it and the knowledge that Jackson will put as much of an effort into detail as he did with LOTR. We may even get a better quality film (if that is possible), since this one won't be as pressed for time and Jackson will basically will be able to do whatever the hell he wants.
Infinitely suffering thing.
T.S Eliot, "Preludes"

The Strongest Girl Alive
We may even get a better quality film (if that is possible), since this one won't be as pressed for time and Jackson will basically will be able to do whatever the hell he wants.
are you implying LotR was a bad quality film? I thought they did amazingly for the amount of time they had! but I see what your saying PJ had alot of pressure on him for the success of these films.

are you implying LotR was a bad quality film? I thought they did amazingly for the amount of time they had! but I see what your saying PJ had alot of pressure on him for the success of these films.
oh dear lord no... note that i said 'a better quality film (if that is possible)'...i was trying to at best imply that LOTR was a very good movie and that 'the Hobbit' would have to be beyond excellant to beat it.

p.s i've ben following these films for around three years and have a pretty vast knowledge of the crap they went through to bring the masterpieces to screen

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
oh dear lord no... note that i said 'a better quality film (if that is possible)'...i was trying to at best imply that LOTR was a very good movie and that 'the Hobbit' would have to be beyond excellant to beat it.

p.s i've ben following these films for around three years and have a pretty vast knowledge of the crap they went through to bring the masterpieces to screen
At most, I think it will tie it. For my money, I'd say that The Lord of the Rings is a perfect trilogy. The movies are as good as anything we'll be likely to see.

The Hobbit is part of this, and I would like to see it come full circle. Ian Holm ya'll!