Dead or Alive

→ in
Tools    

I just watched the movie Dead or Alive on video. It's no wonder that the movie went straight to video.

The movie had many flaws, it's hard to begin. Right from the beginning the background scenery was very poorly done with computer animation. It was like watching a bad scene from a video game.

The plot was laughable, what little of it there was.

The only redeeming trait of the movie were the very beautiful actresses such as Devon Aoki.

Overall rating: 5/10

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
1: I came into this thread hoping it was going to be about Takishi Miike's film.

2: It came to theatres where I live.

3: It is based on a video game.

4: You thought it was going to be good?

Suspect's Reviews

Beware The Probe!
I watched it a few days ago.

Umm...

I liked it.
It was exactly what I expected it to be. No better, No worse.
Besides, I like a little cheese with my eye-candy.

Haha I saw Dead or Alive in the theater when I was in Dublin last summer.

It actually wasn't as bad as I expected it would be. It was, of course, very cheesy. But the fighting was decent and the women were beautiful. I loved Devon Aoki in Sin City and she was still fun to look at here.

I find Jaime Pressly both hilarious and gorgeous. And seeing Kevin Nash as her dad cracked me up.

All in all it is a fun, cheesy action flick. No worse than other fun, cheesy action flicks and certainly better than some other video game movies (Bloodrayne or Street Fighter anyone?)

haha, i think it was more bad than cheesy...don't watch it

Beware The Probe!
Wether or not you should see it depends on how seriously you take your movie viewing.
It was basicly a cartoon plot and although it was packed with hot babes, there was no exposed nudity or swearing so they kept a clean rating for kids.

The fight scenes were pretty damn cool though and I usually hate martial arts movies. It was more exagerated martial arts like Xena would have rather than anything realistic.

&mode=related&search=

Dead or Alive - I give it a negative 50
Nice rating...I can give it negative too...because the fighting is too lousy...And the only fabulous in this movie is those beautiful ladies...

not so good..

The People's Republic of Clogher
Does it have great big bouncy...ermmm...bouncers like the video game?

Late night rental ahoy!

Nice rating...I can give it negative too...because the fighting is too lousy...And the only fabulous in this movie is those beautiful ladies...
Very fabulous indeed....

If not because of the ladies.. i will not watch this movie... hehe

It's surprisingly fluffy but definitely not as bad as critics made it out to be. I think the reason why I kind of enjoyed this film is that my expectations were REALLY low. I mainly wanted to see characters fight for the hell of it and I got just that. It's an enjoyable piece of junk.

2 stars out of 4
I was one of the insatiables. The ones you'd always find sitting closest to the screen. Why do we sit so close? Maybe it was because we wanted to receive the images first--when they were still new, still fresh; before they cleared the hurdles of the rows behind us; before they'd been relayed back from row to row, spectator to spectator; until worn out, secondhand, the size of a postage stamp, it returned to the projectionist's cabin. Maybe, too, the screen was really a screen. It screened us... from the world.
-- Matthew in "The Dreamers"

A total babe.....indeed!!! pretty nice hehehe!!!

I'm a bunch of a hell!
great fighting scenes and sexy hot girls!

does anyone know why the guy uses a Sony NW-E40 mp3 player at about 35mins 50 seconds through the movie? i was watching it and i recognised the MP3 player cus i have it, I have no idea why he is using it, its just an MP3 player, thats it...
look it up on google pics
Anyone know?

does anyone know why the guy uses a Sony NW-E40 mp3 player at about 35mins 50 seconds through the movie? i was watching it and i recognised the MP3 player cus i have it, I have no idea why he is using it, its just an MP3 player, thats it...
look it up on google pics
Anyone know?
Umm maybe they were paid to put it in the movie

Why would sony pay them to put one of their mp3 players in the movie, where:

-the guy is using it as a camera
-the sony name and label isn't visible
-and only people who already owned one would recognise it
???

if theres no advertisement, whats the point?