Be Kind Rewind

Tools    

A man (Jack Black) whose brain becomes magnetized unintentionally destroys every tape in his friend's video store. In order to satisfy the store's most loyal renter, an aging woman with signs of dementia, the two men set out to remake the lost films, which include Back to the Future, The Lion King, and Robocop.
(IMDb)

Written & Directed by Michel Gondry

---

Personally i think this movie will be great because JB is such a funny guy and Michel Gondry can make this good cause he's awesome, so since they are both awesome it will be good right?

The Adventure Starts Here!
Wait wait wait... at first I thought you meant a black man. You mean Jack Black, right? (JB?)

Duh. I'm an idiot.

It sounds like it better not be longer than about 90 minutes, though. It could be hilarious or could end up a one-trick pony.

I have mised thoughts about this. I'm a fan of Jack Black, but this could turn bad.

Might as well wait for trailer.

looks like it's gonna be a winner, love the premise and having Gondry directing isn't gonna hurt the film. Can't wait for this one

You know, I've got to admit that I'm not so excited about this one. Both of Gondry's previous films are favorites of mine, but I've never enjoyed Jack Black's work and that trailer didn't even make me smirk. I'll probably see it out of respect for the director, but it doesn't look like something I'll like very much.

See the trailer here:

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Looks to be promising. Now that Black got his Tenacious D movie out of the way, it's time for him to start moving back up the ladder.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

I'm excited about this because of A) Jack Black and B) Mos Def.

I really really like both of them and hope this turns out to be a hilarious film. I agree it could be shite though so I am refusing to let my hopes get too high.

I think parts of it will be rather entertaining but I think what most people expect of this they wont have to much of, like I don't see there being much showing of them making the films but it will be only touched on in some parts and mostly follow something else.

Gad
food
Michel Gondry's films are always good and this shouldn't be different, plus the idea of them remaking all those sounds sounds funny within itself.