llAtticusll's reviews

→ in
Tools    

I wanted to start a review thing up like you guys have

First review:

"17 Again"

Plot: At 17 Mike O'Donell was on top of the world; he was the star of his high school basketball team, and was a shoo in for a college scholarship. And is dating his soul mate, Scarlett. But on what's suppose to be his big game wherein college scouts are checking him out, Scarlett reveals that she's pregnant. Mike decides to leave the game and asks Scarlett to marry him which she does. During their marriage, Mike could only whine about the life he lost because he married her. So she throws him out. And when he loses his job, he returns to the only place he's happy at - his old high school. And while looking at his high school photo, a janitor asks him if he wishes he could be 17 again and he says yes. One night while driving he sees the janitor on a bridge and apparently jumps in and he goes after him. When he returns to his friend, Ned's house, where he has been staying, he sees that he is 17 again. He decides to take this opportunity to get the life he lost

My review:
When you live in a world where you have friends that like Zac Efron, you're forced to go see his movies: JUST CLEARING THAT UP!

The moment I saw the trailer, the first thought that came to my mind was Big only vise versa. And no Tom Hanks, but a crappy little teen actor Zac Efron.

The whole movie is full of crude teen humor and it's just plain cocky. Now there is also a large amount of sex and violence in this movie "well what do you expect, it's PG-13)

Yeah, well a little too much.

This movie is so overdone somehow, and not meant to see. I feel a lack of creativity and they forced Efron in it just for more people to see it.

2/5 stars (Acting was decent)

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
If you want to use the popcorn rating like other mofos.

It's [ rating ] number [ /rating ]

Just if you want to though.....no pressure

Suspect's Reviews

Last Chance Harvey

Harvey Shine is in London for the weekend for his daughter's wedding. His work in New York preoccupies him: he writes music for ads, and he knows his boss is pushing him aside for younger talent. With family he's also on the sidelines - long divorced, his wife remarried, her husband closer to his daughter than he. His path crosses that of Kate Walker, unmarried, her life becoming that of a spinster, set up by friends on blind dates leading nowhere. After Harvey's no good terrible day, he chats Kate up at a Heathrow bar. She's not interested. Where can this conversation lead? Back at his daughter's reception, the step-father rises to give a toast.

My Review:
Now me being a huge Hoffman fan, I am NOT just praising him because I'm a fan. Mr. Hoffman is aging now, but that doesn't stop him from acting wonderfully every time.

This movie was probably one of the greatest I've seen all year. It's very underrated, but that's shouldn't be the case.

At the end of the movie (which in my theater was packed), I think everyone left with a smile on their face and a heart full of love. Any Hoffman fan will NOT be pleased.

This is a film to see!

5/5 stars

The moment I saw the trailer, the first thought that came to my mind was Big only vise versa. And no Tom Hanks, but a crappy little teen actor Zac Efron.
The first thought that came to my mind was

18 Again!, which is a decent movie, but not particularly memorable. Does anyone know if 17 Again is supposed to be a remake of that (I haven't looked too deeply into this movie)? 17 Again looks like it has potential to be entertaining and fun, but it's one I can definitely wait for the DVD of.

Other than that, good review, sir. Can't wait to see more from you.

My Movie Review Thread | My Top 100

Batman raises the stakes in his bourgeois war on crime. With the help of Lieutenant Jim Gordon and District Attorney Harvey Dent, Batman sets out to dismantle the remaining criminal organizations that plague the city streets. The partnership proves to be effective, but they soon find themselves prey to a reign of chaos unleashed by a rising criminal mastermind known to the terrified citizens of Gotham as The Joker

~~~~~
This is way late, but I'll write a review for it anyway.

Let me just say that my friends and I say Eagle Eye before this, and it ran into the beginning of this movie. I later got the DVD of this for Christmas and found out we missed the opening scene, which was too much.

Now onto the review:

This was indeed the best movie I've ever seen. I'm not just saying this, it has a high gross for a reason. I heard so much about it I just HAD to see it. I was always a big fan of Batman and this made me a bigger fan. I admit the other non-animated movies weren't very good, but this really made me like them a bit more.

The Joker was played by late Heath Ledger, and I wish he was still alive. His character was portrayed extremely well as him being the witty yet evil villain that every Batman fan knows. Two-Face freaked me out a bit but anyhow, the villains were made more evil than they once SEEMED to be. As for Batman, I thought Christain Bale was amazing as him. I'm really glad they picked this cast lineup.

After the movie, I was dumbfounded. I think I actually started clapping when it was over, and the last time I did that was when I was thirteen and The Outsiders was still famous. Not only that, I found out that it was filmed in Chicago, a city I lived in for fifteen years of my life.

Much better than Batman Begins

Carl Allen is at a standstill. No future... Until the day he enrolls into a personal development program based on a very simple idea: say yes to everything! Carl discovers with amazement the magical power of "Yes", and sees his professional and romantic life turned upside down overnight: an unexpected promotion and a new girlfriend. But he'll soon discover that better can be good's enemy, and that all opportunities shouldn't be taken

~~
I remember seeing this with my sister right before it came on DVD. A lot of people were there and we got good seats. We both thought that it would be a typical Carey movie, where he'd be a screw up and crude humor was the only way out of getting at least a star in the paper.

I thought wrong! Not only was this surprisingly funny, it had a touching message deep within. Wait a minute Did I just say that? Indeed I did. It seems like it contains a plot that sounds boring, but it just sounds interesting. I'm glad I got to see this when I did.

I movie left me with a smile on my face, and I think I speak for a lot of people when I say that. Apparently this movie was based on a real man's story. Would you believe that?

Note: It's 3 AM where I am, so if I screwed up in spelling or I'm not making any sense at all, forgive me