The Dark Knight (possible spoilers)

→ in
Tools    

Wait, the actor actually died after the film? While tragic, I'm not surprised. You can tell it's more than just acting like he's messed up on screen.

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
Just got back from seeing it.

The only dissapointing part of the movie was that the clown character looked like he was ****ed up on drugs and not taking the role seriously, otherwise it was a great film.
Ummm, hate to break it to you but in the comics, The Joker was a psychopath. He wasn't much like Jack Nicholson's Joker, and Heath brought it to life (RIP)

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Are you a doctor? I went to school to be a doctor, so I don't trust them. Are you a druggie? I'm just trying to figure out how you are so sure that the guy was wasted on screen, instead of acting.

Neither here nor there, but Jack's Joker was obviously a psychopath.

Heath was flippin incredible. Rest in Peace, friend.
[punches him in the face, grabs him and points his gun right at his throat] I never said anything about the FBI. She's my partner, ese. And if anything happens to her, I will find you and I will kill you. I won't think twice. Come here, look in my eyes. [pushes barrel of the gun into his mouth and cocks it] Look at my face. If anything happens to her, I will kill you. This is between you and me, and nobody sees, nobody knows.

The King of Movies

The only dissapointing part of the movie was that the clown character looked like he was ****ed up on drugs and not taking the role seriously, otherwise it was a great film.
You take every last word you said about the "clown" back. This so called "clown" made the film good.

BTW. The "clown" is actualy the Joker.

A system of cells interlinked

You just can't be more off base with this statement, not if you tried. Word is from, well, EVERYONE... that Heath Ledger took the role so seriously, he helped elevate some of the actors to another level. Aaron Eckhart said as much in an interview with Playboy, actually. That he, and some of the other people new to the franchise, weren't taking the roles as seriously at first, because it was a comic film. Once they saw what Ledger was putting into his role, they quickly changed their tune.

This performance is stellar, in every way. They are already talking about a post-humus Oscar for the man.

One of the best villains in film, ever, IMO.

I am half agony, half hope.
Wait, the actor actually died after the film? While tragic, I'm not surprised. You can tell it's more than just acting like he's messed up on screen.

What rock have you been living under to not know who played the Joker and what happened to him? Even my 80 year old mother-in-law knows this story. I think you're just trying to be contrary to start a fight.

Johann von Goethe

Alright enough of this crap, the troll has taken up way to much time here. Back to the flick.

How many of you are like me and were laughing so hard during the hospital scene you almost passed out?

A system of cells interlinked
So people actually do read the articles?

I read each issue cover to cover, because it really is chock full of good articles. Some of the pictorials are nice, but most of them are so Barbie doll fake looking, I tend to just glance through them.

Most of them...

Welcome to the human race...
Alright enough of this crap, the troll has taken up way to much time here. Back to the flick.

How many of you are like me and were laughing so hard during the hospital scene you almost passed out?
Maybe not "almost passed out", but it was still pretty funny. Especially the part with the gap between explosions.

I never do this, but I actually went back and re-wrote a few paragraphs of my review of The Dark Knight. Wasn't quite happy with some of it. On with your regularly scheduled thread...

I don't know if I laughed at all, actually. I think I was just way too caught up in what was going on, and wondering how it was all going to turn out. It's a real testament to how well done the film is, though, that the whole nurse thing didn't come off as overtly goofy or stupid. It certainly could have.

Not really a batman fan...but went to watch it because my wife certainly is...

I thought is was a great comic book movie with some great acting in it...Heath Ledgers performance is everything everyone says it is...brilliant!

I did find some of the action a bit hard to follow, some strange edits here and there...and I thought the leading lady just wasn't good enough...just not pretty enough to play the leading lady here imo...also the movie was a tad too long...

I enjoyed it though and that is what counts in my book...

good lord. not even going to write up some page long review since I've read about 20 of them since last Friday and am frankly sick of reading them let alone writing one.

ALL you need to know is that the movie is a work of art. Nolan's direction is incredible and Ledger's performance WILL land him the Oscar. the film will definitely grab a best picture nod along with I'm sure some of the more technical awards (cinematography, sound, prod. design etc.)

Amazing, amazing film. Relentless and solid, dark and dramatic. You will love it.

My god. The Dark Knight was insane! I went to Antwerp with my brother yesterday to see it (it debut in Holland is today, we wanted to be first ) and i nearly crapped my pants. Heath Ledgers preformence was extremely convincing, and even though the movie might not deserve the 9.5 it has on IMDB, it certainly is worth a 9.
Im still a bit blown away. This will definitly not become my favorite movie, but it will somehow be a legend. I confess i have a crush on Heath

9/10

And do check my "art": Deviant

I'm not old, you're just 12.
It was definitely funny. My favourite line in the film is from that scene. "Do I look like someone who has a plan?" Plus The Joker in the nurse's uniform...I love that after the deadly serious first one, they let themselves do something as over the top as that.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/