What are you listening to while you're MoFoin' it?

Tools    

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
The Killers- All these things I've done
&NR=1

I've got soul but I'm not a soldier

Welcome to the human race...
Guns 'n' Roses's cover of Sympathy for the Devil

(don't know if there's a video or not)

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
"Before Too Long" by Paul Kelly and the Coloured Girls

(Before anybody freaks, the band took its name from Lou Reed's "Walk on the Wild Side" where the lyric is "And the coloured girls go 'Doo, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo, etc.' " Even so, in America, the band had to be renamed "the Messengers".)

I put the above video up because the sound is much better than the other version, but that version has the better video. Just check out what happens below during the guitar solo in the middle of the song (starting at 1:40 in). Maybe the unbelievably young-looking Paul IS driving the "Cash Cab"!

&feature=related

The People's Republic of Clogher
^^^^ I've not heard that in ages.

There's something about Australian rock/pop that I love and I can't quite put my finger on exactly what. The intelligence combined with the lack of bullsh*t, maybe, I dunno.

The Triffids have been in my top 4 or 5 bands for a couple of decades. The Birthday Party, Bad Seeds, Midnight Oil (heck, I've even got a couple of Hoodo Gurus singles) are well up there too.

The Triffids - Red Pony

Welcome to the human race...
Kill 'Em All ~ Metallica

Present-day Metallica may be a joke (what with the whole "selling out" issue, spitting dummies over file-sharing and of course Some Kind of Monster) but I love each and every one of their first four albums (Kill 'Em All, Ride the Lightning, Master of Puppets and ...And Justice For All) Still not sure what order I'd rank them in from best to worst, but Kill 'Em All is a pretty solid debut effort and possibly the closest Metallica album to pure thrash.

Currently listening to track 2, The Four Horseman, famous for being a knockoff of former bandmate and Megadeth frontman Dave Mustaine's song Mechanix. It's a solid enough song, even though it lacks the speed that made Mechanix so damned memorable.

Vid (1992 live version):

What About Me? ~ Kim Carnes ,Kenny Rogers & James Ingram

Aaron Neville and Linda Ronstadt ~ All My Life

Aaron Neville & Linda Ronstadt ~ Don't Know Much

Yeah, I've tamed it down tonight. I reckon I feel like being depressed. You really need to be in a good mood to listen to this stuff.

Projecting the image of success
"This is worse than the time I had that Aaron Neville bullhorn."

Tool: Stinkfist

The People's Republic of Clogher
"7 Chinese Brothers" by R.E.M.
Now you're talking.

Their early stuff was wonderfully etherial. I make no excuses for not really noticing REM during their IRS days (I was only 14 when Document came out) but the release of Green had a profound effect on my musical sensibilities. I snaffled up the back catalogue as quickly as I could (a big shout out here to Robert from Top Pop in Omagh, the most patient record shop owner imaginible - we made his life a merry hell during our teenage years with constant requests for obscure stuff, a lot of which, it has to be said, was sh*te) and have seen them live a number of times since.

Cuyahoga

One of my all time favorite songs...

The House of the Rising Sun ~ The Animals

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)