Quote of the Day

Tools    

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
Words of wisdom from the movie Dirty Work

Dr. Farthing: What I don't understand is... when you owe a bookie a lot of money, and he, say, blows off one of your toes, you still owe him the money. Doesn't seem fair to me. Especially when he's gonna kill me in four days anyway.

How we behave toward cats here below determines our status in heaven.

- Robert A. Heinlein

I am half agony, half hope.
It seems to me that if you or I must choose between two courses of thought or action, we should remember our dying and try so to live that our death brings no pleasure on the world.

~John Steinbeck East of Eden

Johann von Goethe

"My advice to those who are about to begin, in earnest, the journey of life, is to take their heart in one hand and a club in the other."

~ Josh Billings

A good deal of tyranny goes by the name of protection.
Crystal Eastman

Trust: No matter how you mix it, it requires rust.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
"The screen is a magic medium. It has such power that it can retain interest as it conveys emotions and moods that no other art form can hope to tackle."

- Stanley Kubrick

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
Even more words of wisom by the movie Dirty Work

Mitch: Note to self: Making love to blow-up doll is not as good as advertised.

If there's specific resistance to women making movies, I just choose to ignore that as an obstacle for two reasons: I can't change my gender, and I refuse to stop making movies.

Kathryn Bigelow

I am half agony, half hope.
The word aerobics came about when the gym instructors got together and said, "If we're going to charge $10 an hour, we can't call it jumping up and down."

~Rita Rudner

"Ante senectutem curavi ut bene viverem, in senectute ut bene moriar; bene autem mori est libenter mori." (Before I was old I took care to live well; in old age I take care to die well. And dying well is dying willingly)

~Seneca

Mum and i visited my grandpa today, and he cited Seneca to assure us he's ready to go

And do check my "art": Deviant

"Well that's just your, like, opinion man."
[punches him in the face, grabs him and points his gun right at his throat] I never said anything about the FBI. She's my partner, ese. And if anything happens to her, I will find you and I will kill you. I won't think twice. Come here, look in my eyes. [pushes barrel of the gun into his mouth and cocks it] Look at my face. If anything happens to her, I will kill you. This is between you and me, and nobody sees, nobody knows.

If you die in an elevator, be sure to push the Up button.

I think animal testing is a terrible idea; they get all nervous and give the wrong answers.

In God we trust; all others must pay cash.
I don't know.
Is it Captain Howdy?

Kittens are born with their eyes shut. They open them in about six days, take a look around, then close them again for the better part of their lives.

- Stephen Baker

To have a right to do a thing is not at all
the same as to be right in doing it.

~ G. K. Chesterton ~
(born 28 May 1874)

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

All good books have one thing in common - they are truer than if they had really happened.
Ernest Hemingway

"it's not who you know, it's who you blow"
- superhans (peep show)