The funniest movie I ever saw was....

Tools    

The funniest movie I ever saw was Dumb and Dumber. Though horribly stupid and not necessarily a pillar of comedic talent. My friends and I have quoted that movie more than we probably speak in normal sentences.

The funniest movie I ever saw was Dumb and Dumber. Though horribly stupid and not necessarily a pillar of comedic talent. My friends and I have quoted that movie more than we probably speak in normal sentences.
Oh man I love Dumb and Dumber. My best mate and I always quote it to each other.

Shaun of the dead
Bad santa
Hot fuzz
Team America
Baseketball
Wedding crashers
Old school
Napolean dynamite
clerks
Grandma's boy

I am half agony, half hope.
It's a toss-up. I like There's Something About Mary, Shallow Hal, Dodgeball, and Old School.

Johann von Goethe

Shaun of the Dead is topping my list followed closely by Hot Fuzz.

The Reaping 7/10
Transformers 8.5/10
Flight of the Living Dead 6/10
The Invisible 6/10
Return to House on Haunted Hill 1/10
Planet Terror 8/10
A Mighty Heart 7/10

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
The movie which probably has the most jokes that I love (and get) is Billy Wilder's One, Two, Three. I'm guessing that Holden has probably pitched this hilarious film about "Coca-Cola Colonialism" in a divided Berlin in the early '60s. James Cagney is a rat-a-tat marvel; no wonder he had to retire after this flick. Horst Buchholz and Pamela Tiffin are equally funny as a mismatched pair of lovers ("When the time comes, [our baby] will have to decide if he wants to be a capitalist or a rich communist...") My fave character might actually be Cagney's heel-clicking assistant Schlemmer.

But, no matter how funny that or Dr. Strangelove is, the movie which I laugh out loud the most at, consistantly, is Richard Pryor Live in Concert, his first concert film. Pryor is raunchy, but he also understands humanity, in all its flaws and beauty. He's also a master storyteller and a damn fine impressionist. I've never really seen anything comparable to that concert film, and if you're in the proper frame of mind, I would think (and hope) that you would laugh a lot, but also just revel in the truth of the communal experience.

I'm not really a big fan of comedy movies, but if I had to pick my favorites, I'd choose Mel Brooks' movies. Young Frankenstein, Blazing Saddles, and High Anxiety to be specific.

I'm not really a big fan of comedy movies, but if I had to pick my favorites, I'd choose Mel Brooks' movies. Young Frankenstein, Blazing Saddles, and High Anxiety to be specific.
I'm a big fan of them also good choice