Your pick to win the Super Bowl this year

Tools    

Hall of Fame QB Len Dawson after losing the first Super Bowl

God I love this photo

These playoff games are hard enough to pick with the spread and now these two look like toss ups straight up. I would tend to favor the home team in each case but I wouldn't bet on either.

The Rams are in trouble if it boils down to Brees vs Goff so they'll continue to try to run. NO has the #1 rush defense but they just lost their best D lineman for the season, and the stat could be a little deceiving since many teams have abandoned the run to play catch up. If the Rams can run like they did last week, they'll have a great chance, and the line has gone down to 3 which is an ominous sign for NO. I think the Ram's loss of their best receiver hurts them in this game, especially with NO having a shut down corner. This makes it less risky to put an extra man up front to help control the run. I think the Saints win.

NE is in a very usual position for them as they are healthier than they've been all year and healthier than past years at this point in the season. They played their best game of the year last week, and in retrospect it was a very good matchup for them. The key to beating the Pats has always been to pressure Brady, but without blitzing because he's the best ever against it. SD needed their two great edge rushers, Ingram and Bosa, to have a dominating game. The problem is that they're edge rushers, so even if they were effective, Brady excels at stepping up in the pocket. KC has a terrible defense in general, but they've actually been quite good at home. The biggest advantage of having home field translates to the defensive line because with the crowd noise, they can get a jump on the snap count. KC probably has the loudest stadium along with Denver and Seattle. The big problem for NE is that KC's pressure comes right up the middle, and Brady does not have the ability to escape laterally. NE's O line will need to play as good as they did last week and be extra disciplined. If KC doesn't get to the QB, they will definitely change things up unlike SD. I think you can mix in a well timed blitz against this season's Patriots because they lack explosive playmakers. I would expect to see a lot more of Cordarrelle Patterson who was practically invisible last week. The Pats have been trying to set up the pass with the run, but I think this week they will try to set up the run with the pass. Much more than KC, they have to play a great game which will be difficult to do two weeks in a row. On the other hand, KC really doesn't have to because they are so explosive. For this reason I give the edge to the Chiefs.

I think I'm rooting for The Rams, but as long as The Patriots don't win it all, I'm good.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

If it winds up being New Orleans and New England, I like most of the country would be rooting for Brees to triumph one more time and put a little chink in the Patriots legacy.
It always cracks me up how the haters grasp at straws. Perhaps I could see that if they had lost last weekend as the home favorite, but if this team makes the Super Bowl it will be a great accomplishment. Even a defeat would only enhance their legacy. There are 28 other fan bases who wish their teams were playing right now, regardless if they were to lose their next game. Of course there are those who will point out any negative that they can, but that is just bitterness.

It always cracks me up how the haters grasp at straws. Perhaps I could see that if they had lost last weekend as the home favorite, but if this team makes the Super Bowl it will be a great accomplishment. Even a defeat would only enhance their legacy. There are 28 other fan bases who wish their teams were playing right now, regardless if they were to lose their next game. Of course there are those who will point out any negative that they can, but that is just bitterness.
Poor Patriots.

lol! Yeah right Dude, I simply don't like them because 10 years ago or so they kept running the score up on teams that had no chance of winning. Simply cruel, and of course there's the cheating scandal"s".
Bradys a great QB and maybe in the top 10 of all time. The greatest? No. Just isn't. The New England Patriots may be the greatest football dynasty of all time though. The Steelers, 49rs, and Cowboys couldn't maintain this level of success as long as NE has. Hard to argue otherwise .

I never say poor Patriots, I say poor people who let emotion cloud their minds.

Bradys a great QB and maybe in the top 10 of all time. The greatest? No. Just isn't.
Silly and you don't even have a case. Many call him the greatest football player period, and some call him the greatest player ever in team sports.

The New England Patriots may be the greatest football dynasty of all time though. The Steelers, 49rs, and Cowboys couldn't maintain this level of success as long as NE has. Hard to argue otherwise .
You're right, very hard to argue, especially with the evolution of the salary cap rules. And I'm sure you also hate those other teams due to their "cheating scandals".

I haven't watched the Saints a ton this year, but watching them today, I have no idea how Brees is this mobile at 40 years old. And not just mobile, but quick.

I haven't watched the Saints a ton this year, but watching them today, I have no idea how Brees is this mobile at 40 years old. And not just mobile, but quick.
Because he's little, plays in a dome, and doesn't get sacked much.

Still not as quick as Brady

Because he's little, plays in a dome, and doesn't get sacked much.
Being shorter ought to come with some advantages. He seems to have just kept himself in ridiculous shape, too, though. It's not that he moves well for a 40-year-old, he moves well for any QB, which is bananas.

The sack difference isn't all that pronounced; it comes out to less than half a sack a game against the all-time active leaders.

Still not as quick as Brady
I'm going to assume this is facetious.

Wow. Not upset that the Rams are going to the Super Bowl, but I feel the wrong team won today.

It feels like a chunk of you think the Rams are gonna have an easier time knocking off the Saints on the road then the Pats would in KC. I feel the opposite. West coast teams have staggeringly bad records going east but I get why they are kinda a chic pick. Gonna be a tough game for the Rams tho. Drew Brees is winning the Superbowl this year. "Mark it Dude."

Remember this guy? Yeah baby! I can pick games like no one ever. So maybe KC wins too then?

Same guy, too! The first didn't feel too awful, it was close. Also wasn't so clearly a "make the call and they win" situation like that second one was.

Such a bummer. I like Brees, for one, and my uncle is a huge Saints fan for another. And they just played better today, I thought. And were more likely to give us a better game in the Super Bowl against either opponent. Sad way for it to end.

Wow. Not upset that the Rams are going to the Super Bowl, but I feel the wrong team won today.

Well I'm a little upset. F*ck the Rams. One day they're in St. Louis. One day they're in Los Angeles. One day they're in St. Louis... then they're in Los Angeles again... pick a city already. They don't even have cool helmets anymore.