MoFo Fantasy Football 2022 - The Season

Tools    

The trick is not minding
I guess I’ll go into my draft some more, now that I have time.

I specifically targeted RB in the first 3 rounds. I wanted depth there, as the last two year I’ve shot myself in the foot with the lack of it when injuries hit. RB has a smaller pool to work with then say, WR, in which the value drops considerably. 3rd round took me quite awhile to make up my mind. Williams? Zeke? Montgomery? I went back and forth before deciding on Zeke. I’m not….too confident of that pick, but I’m ok with it for now.

I was able to grab WR targets much easier because I had several lines up for the fourth round on, 2 of which I was able to grab. I really wanted M. Williams, or A. Robinson II, but both were off the board that same round. That’s the risk of taking 3 RB’s the first 3 rounds, but I’m happy with who I grabbed.

Didn’t expect to grab Brady again. No issues there. Ertz should be an upgrade at TE, a position that was a glaring weakness last year.

I didn’t plan on grabbing 3 Cardinals players, and didn’t realize I had until after the draft. I usually try to avoid that.

For depth, I went with 3 rookies, 2 of whom (Walker and Doubs) should make their way into the starting slots before the season is over. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

Davis, who I hadn’t even looked at in any of the mocks I did, is looking less shiny after the Drake signing earlier today.

Depth could be an issue, but overall, an very balanced team. Should make the playoffs, barring many injuries, but that’s the way it usually is.

I hope I win all my games this year. Seems like that would be a pretty easy road to a title. Which I want to win at least once for crying out loud!

I specifically targeted RB in the first 3 rounds. I wanted depth there, as the last two year I’ve shot myself in the foot with the lack of it when injuries hit. RB has a smaller pool to work with then say, WR, in which the value drops considerably. 3rd round took me quite awhile to make up my mind. Williams? Zeke? Montgomery? I went back and forth before deciding on Zeke. I’m not….too confident of that pick, but I’m ok with it for now.
I had the same idea, going in. I realize with his recent injury history and the years of wear-and-tear that taking Derrick Henry has risk attached to it, but the upside if he can remain at least mostly healthy is potentially big enough that I pulled that trigger. Though it is quite possible I will badly regret not taking Justin Jefferson when I had the chance. I intended to take another RB with my second pick but when Barkley, Fournette, Swift, Kamara, and Chubb were all taken while I was waiting, I shifted strategy (and was glad I grabbed Henry when I did). I really like James Connor and got him in my other league, but when he was the best back left I couldn't justify not taking a receiver so I took Deebo. At that point I really abandoned the get-three-RBs-right-away idea completely hoping I could get a couple backs from the Josh Jacobs/Travis Etienne Jr./Damien Harris/Chase Edmonds/Clyde Edwards-Helaire/Miles Sanders/Rashaad Penny tier. And that is exactly what I did in Rounds 5 and 6 (Edmonds & Penny) allowing me to get the QB I most wanted (Herbert) and a very good TE (Waller) with my third and fourth picks.

Made for a much more balanced team than if I had stuck by my guns and taken three RBs off the top of the deck

Now to see if it pays off and who can stay healthy?

In my other league (ten teams) where I also had the sixth pick I was able to get Dalvin Cook, Saquon Barkley, Mark Andrews, James Connor, and Joe Burrow with my first five picks there. I didn't take a WR until Round 6 (Jerry Jeudy). We'll see if that strategy bites me right in the buttocks or propels me to the championship? I finished second there last year, losing to my wife who had Cooper Kupp almost single-handedly carry her entire season.

BTW, I have four crossover players on both of my rosters to start the season: RB Chase Edmonds and WRs Christian Kirk, Hunter Renfrow, and Kenny Golladay.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

A system of cells interlinked
I am still wondering who to start at RB2 in game 1, which either means I have great RB depth, or I have no idea what I am doing.

The trick is not minding
My first game and I have to face off against McCaffrey who will probably be healthy enough to drop 50 points to make up for lost time.

Oy.

I sure hope Jon Taylor was the better pick between he and McCaffery. If McCaff stays healthy all season Im pretty sure he would have been the better pick. I really do think my teams awful and if they end up being a powerhouse it would prove me wrong. I can handle that.

A system of cells interlinked
I let my other league auto-draft, and I ended up with Jefferson, Jones, Kamara, Elliot, and Hurts

I have Helaire (Drafted as RB2 in this league) on my Bench...

The trick is not minding
Ertz didn’t practice again today (nursing calf injury) and I can’t take the risk of finding out he won’t play on Sunday while my other TE (Higbee) plays tonight. So, I went ahead and made the switch,

I see my opponent, Justin, has a similar issue with Kittle.

Prediction. Rams win 30-27.

The trick is not minding
I imagine anyone who started Akers (trying hard not to look in Yoda’s direction) is wondering what happened. Was supposed to have been the lead back and barely played.

I wasn’t able to watch the game, but Is he still having issues with his injury?
Regardless, Henderson is now looking like a nice pick up by Spaulding.