Cheesy 80s Movies

Tools    

DonJuan de la Nooch
Okay, I know everyone has that one (or a few) 80's movie that you know was corny but can't help but like. Let's hear it.

My List of guilty pleasures:

Electric Dreams 1984

Midnight Madness 1980

Breakin'/Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo 1984 (I actually paid $75 for a copy when it was out of print)

Berry Gordon's The Last Dragon 1985

Avenging Angel 1985

Disorderlies 1987

Rad 1986

Hiding Out 1987

Three O'Clock High 1987

Mischief 1985

Mother! Oh, God! Mother! Blood!
Originally posted by Brasco

Three O'Clock High 1987

Mischief 1985
Those two would be on my list.
NEW (as of 1/24/05): Quick Reviews #10

Here’s my list of “cheesy” 80’s flicks. I chose films that others would probably consider “cheesy,” and never reached any type of critical acclaim or cult status (such as Caddyshack, Vacation, Valley Girl, and Fast Times at Ridgemont High). The list are films I remember enjoying, but if I watched them again, I would probably enjoy the memories more than the movie (if that makes any sense).

Only one of the films below, to my knowledge, had a sequel (see if anyone can pick it out).

Can’t Buy Me Love
Hot Dog...the Movie
Hard Bodies
April Fool’s Day
About Last Night
All the Right Moves
Teachers
Grandview U.S.A.
Soul Man
Summer School
Losin’ It
License to Drive
Just One of the Guys
The Wild Life
Easy Money
Blame it on Rio
Neighbors
Class
St. Elmo’s Fire
Oxford Blues
The Flamingo Kid
Doctor Detroit
The Last American Virgen

From the list above, All the Right Moves and Neighbors are my favorites.

I am having a nervous breakdance
Originally posted by Mark
April Fool’s Day
God, how we used to watch that one!! *sigh*

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Howard The Duck. Can you GET cheesier? A guy in a bad duck costume, Thomas Dolby, Lea Thompson and her big 80's hair....God, I loved this stupid movie. I still have a weird Lea Thompson fixation so many years later. I need help.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

It was beauty killed the beast.
Anybody else love Monster Squad when they were younger?

DonJuan de la Nooch
I thought of some more:

The Toy

The Legend of Billie Jean

Hamburger the Movie

Cloak and Dagger

D.A.R.R.Y.L.

Amazon Women on the Moon

Private Resort

Bachelor Party

My life isn't written very well.
I haven't thought of The Last American Virgin in so long. Oh my God that ending killed me!!

How about Summer Lovers, The Lonely Lady, Endless Love, Zapped?

I remember Monster Squad Kong, "Hit him in the nards!!"

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

Amazon Women on the Moon

and

Bachelor Party

...have acquired enough of a cult following to not be considered "cheesy" in my book.

April Fool's Day - yes! tho I didn't think this was cheesy
Science Project

Gremlins also falls into the category of being a cheesy 1980's movie, although it was fun to watch and I enjoyed it.

There are too many cheesy 80's favorites of mine to name. I'll just mention a few:

Approximately everyone should know by now that I'm a fan of Re-Animator. Splashing tremendous amounts of blood on the walls, featuring a mad scientist bringing the dead back to life with a bit of dark comedy thrown in the middle of all the excitement, and you have Re-Animator. Based on a story by the nonpareil master of the macabre H.P. Lovecraft, Re-Animator is one of the most original and fun horror/comedies to ever be released, and is just another example of the millions of possibilities that low-budget film making can produce. It is also the film that made careers out of both director Stuart Gordon and actor Jeffery Combs.

Two hardcore heavyweights in the low budget horror film category, The Evil Dead duo provided endless inspiration for modern horror films, and set a standard for low budget film making. Furthermore, (much like Re-Animator) the Evil Dead films are among the most original zombie films ever produced. They just don't make 'em as good as they used to.

Maybe Manhunter isn't as cheesy as The Evil Dead or Re-Animator; it still arguably fits in a list of cheesy 80's films, a splendid serial killer film that, in a way seems to explore the mind of the killer. Based upon Thomas Harris' devious and cunning novel originally entitled Red Dragon, Manhunter is the first film to feature the infamous Dr. Hannibal Lecter (or Lecktor as it's spelled in Manhunter’s credits). Considered by many to be preeminent to the acclaimed and distinguished The Silence of the Lambs, Manhunter is one hell of a crime story, and a grand harrowing thriller.

My life isn't written very well.

Caution older MoFo's: Remember the Pat Benatar theme to this movie? No? well here it is:

(The actual video wouldn't embed...?)

"Fair is fair!"

UHF--"Weird Al" is so great!