Actors who never played villains

Tools    

Semper Fooey
I think there are quite a few actresses who have had long careers who never played a villain, but the list seems a lot thinner for male actors. Of course, some do it more often than others, but most guys seem to have done it at least once. John Wayne came close in The Searchers and Red River, and was Genghis Khan. Cary Grant I don't think ever did. Nor Gary Cooper, but came close in that movie where he let people drown. Actors today who have been around for at least twenty years, hard to think of one who dodn't go bad once.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Has Clint Eastwood ever played a villain?
I'm not sure how we are characterising "Villain" in this thread.

however he did play a likeable bank robber in

Semper Fooey
Cary Grant was originally supposed to be a bad guy in Suspicion, but Hitchcock was forced to change the ending.

he's not a good guy as i remember it. granted i havent seen it in probably 15 yrs or so.

I certainly don't remember him as the good guy hero.

Kenny, don't paint your sister.
Well, there's a lot of middle ground between being the hero and being the villian. He's not a bad guy/antagonist-villian in that one.

Semper Fooey
I never saw it, but the description sounds like a bad guy to me. Cary Grant playing a bully?

Leo was the Villain in Catch me if you Can.

A likeable bad guy to be sure, but a bad guy just the same.

Will Smith was the Villain in Six degrees of Separation.

Leo was the Villain in Catch me if you Can.

A likeable bad guy to be sure, but a bad guy just the same.

Will Smith was the Villain in Six degrees of Separation.
Yeah he was an anti hero in Catch Me if You Can but not a true villain in my eyes

Haven't seen 6 Degrees though, any good?

and yeah G_P, Leo played a bad guy in Man in the Iron Mask but also was the good twin brother!
and the good twin got more screen time, I think...haven't seen it in ages.

either way I want them to play more villains.

Semper Fooey
I saw Six Degrees. It is good, but it is a filmed play, very talky, but well acted. I believe that was his first movie.

Semper Fooey
Before Rocky he was the marginal bad guy in Death Race 2000 (more rutheless than Carradine in trying to win).

He went bad in F.I.S.T.