Mafia Wars on Facebook

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
This thread is for general gabbery, chatting and strategizing in regards to Facebook's ridiculously addicting game, Mafia Wars!

Let's try to be broad-minded about this
Woohoo i love that game i'm level 150 something now you should join my mafia

A system of cells interlinked
In the early game:

-It seems like a strong strategy is to dump most skill points into Energy in order to get a decent leveling engine going.

- Alternate buying a piece of Special Loot and a Mafia Mikes Property with each Mafia member added. These items are EXTREMELY important. Mafia Mikes are by far the best money source in the early game, and they cost almost nothing. Pile them up fast. The special loot items are the best items in the game for fighting (most of them are, anyway, more on that below).

- Make sure each Mafia member has the best items you can afford to support in the early game. You eventually want Chain Guns for everyone that doesn't have a piece of special loot, but you certainly can't support them when you are making 50k per hour, so upgrade your items for all mafia when you can afford to, but not before.

- Do not EVER gift away your special job items. Stuff like Untraceable Cell Phones, Concealable Cameras, and Illegal Documents cannot be bought, and they cost energy to get. You will find yourself having to roll back your jobs in the mid-game in order to get more phones, then having to go back up the ladder to spend them. The extra energy this requires can't be gotten around, so don't give these away! You will have to spend energy getting these no matter what. Make each one count.

- Keep an eye out for Special Loot that isn't so special. Before the tattoo was available (which rocks, btw), they had a silly nightstick that was 15/15. Not a good item. This wastes special loot slots, which could be taken up by better loot. Make sure it's at least an 18/18 item, hopefully something like 18/25 or 23/18.

-Try to balance economy with Mafia strength. One must constantly be adding properties to get more many, as the later items cost more to support etc. When buying properties, try to get as many properties at one level until it becomes more economical to step up to the next structure. For instance, buy structures that earn you 10k until the price gets to the point at which the 50k structure becomes cheaper than buying 5 of the 10k structures. Always factor in sub-lots into these calculations.

- Buy properties in lots of 10. This saves a ton of cash, and the price increases with each SALE, regardless of how many you buy. If the property is 1 million, you can buy 10 at 1 million each, or one at a time for 1, 1.2, 1.4, 1.6 million etc...

Holy crap, i only have about 60 people in my mafia because i don't like adding too many people i don't know even though i did to get up to sixty haha. Just look up Leslie Houghtaling on facebook

Haha good i didn't even know you could do that!

And do you have an extra Snake Sculpture? or Nine of hearts? or Agate Cufflinks? I only need one each of those to vault that collection >.<

Its really fun and addicting, especially the first couple of weeks but i'm gonna nap, be back on later and if anyone asks to be my friend, make sure you tell me your username here so i know who you are

WE CAN CHALLENGE EACH OTHER TO MOVIE QUIZES NOW TOO! FUN!

Originally Posted by Sedai
I need - Jasper Cufflinks, Heavy Bag, Hand Tape, One Ball
How can a bag be heavy with just one ball?

The Adventure Starts Here!
SC, LOL!

Okay, rice and Seds and mikeython, find me on Facebook and invite me to your mafia: I'm Linda M Au in FB. (Don't leave out the "M" or you'll get a ton of women in Hong Kong. )

I'm very new (like, errr, three days in), so I am still getting the hang of this. I am at level 14, with only 10 mafia members right now. I just joined one of those "add mafia" lists so we'll see if I get more that way. Question: A few of the folks I have in my mafia must have signed up but really don't seem to play. Are they dragging me down in fights?

Here's a question: At first, as I was doing the street thug jobs, every time I completed all of them, I'd move up to Skilled Street Thug and the jobs would start all over. Then it was Master Street Thug ... and now the bars on Jobs stay blue and I don't seem to have a chance to move up to anything else. I'm still doing and redoing the same jobs, though, in order to get those experience points up. (The one that costs 7 energy is the only one right now that gives me back more experience points than I spent in energy, so I'm trying to do that one more.) That, and the two jobs that have the possibility of getting added loot.

I also keep losing money in fights with other unknown people. I'm starting to bank money now (thanks, Seds, for the advice), but I don't know how much to keep in cash -- enough to buy stuff, I assume. My stats are fairly low (hey, THREE DAYS IN!), so I keep thinking I also need to bump up the Health number to keep from dying in fights so much. (Fights I didn't start, I mean.)

Oh, and WHY WHY WHY do I keep having to confront Don Morillo? That seems to be going nowhere. I don't "get" why that's still an option when I've done it about 10-15 times or more. Does that eventually change?

I have a ton more questions, but this is already too many so early on.

Friend me! Invite me!

The Adventure Starts Here!
Oh duh! My main question and I forgot it: Is there ANY way around waiting about five minutes for each point of energy? Does upping the stamina shorten that process? What makes that faster?

Austuck I am going to promote you to something. Take a look and see what you want to be promoted to. Each diffrent promtion gives you a diffrent advantage. You have to have a vehicle to be a wheel man. If you can promote me to your safecracker.