Ðèstîñy's Favorites:

→ in
Tools    

You didn't think I'd stop at 100, did you!?!

I will be posting by genre. There will be anywhere from five, to fifteen favorites, each post. I have snagged some favorite skits, from each movie. I don't think any count as spoilers. I will never show a "who-done-it". That is for sure. If you've seen these movies, watch the clips, and let me know if you think these are too much to be viewed, by anyone who hasn't seen the movie yet.

Click the picture, to play the movie clips.

Spoofs/Parodies:

Clue (1985)
First came the board game, and then came the movie. It has a great cast, and is one of my all time favorite Madeline Kahn movies.
"Flames, flames, on the side of my face!"

Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid (1982)
One of my all time favorite comedians/comedic actors, in a film with many classic skits mixed in. From Ingrid Bergman, Bette Davis, Lana Turner, Ray Milland, Burt Lancaster, Humphrey Bogart, Cary Grant, and many more.

Young Frankenstein (1974)
My favorite Mel Brooks film, and a wonderful performance from Gene Wilder, Teri Gar, Gene Hackman. and the late Madeline Kahn and Peter Boyle.

Spaceballs (1987)
Star Wars at it's best! Coming in as my second favorite Mel Brooks film.

Kung Pow: Enter the Fist (2002)
Written, directed, and starring Steve Oedekerk. He uses an old 70's Martial Arts film, and adds new characters.
This one really depends on your sense of humor. It isn't for everyone. Although I will be surprised, if the third clip doesn't make you laugh.

Welcome to the human race...
Although it's definitely a change from the 100s, there is a reason we do 100. Anyone can just post loads of favourites by genre - narrowing it down to 100 and placing them in specific order, however...

Yeah, are you aware of how many spoofs are out there? I listed five, but thanks for taking the time to let me know your opinion on them.
There's a reason I spent hours making it this way. Your reply wasn't it.

Welcome to the human race...
Yeah, are you aware of how many spoofs are out there? I listed five, but thanks for taking the time to let me know your opinion on them.
I don't have an opinion because I haven't even seen any of the spoofs you listed.

Tyger, Tyger, Burning Bright
I don't have an opinion because I haven't even seen any of the spoofs you listed.
I'm not really sure what your point of even posting here was. You haven't seen any of these films, and your only contribution is to say that you don't want to see this type of list. If you don't want to see this thread, then don't read it, and what's the point of putting down someone else's obvious efforts to expand on a well liked concept (personal top films). I, for one, would like to see what others find to be some of their top films by genre, especially if its from a genre I don't tend to follow very much. In my case, romantic comedies are not my thing, so maybe seeing and reading about what others feel are their favs in that genre might help me to decide to try them out.

Besides, if you want to take that stance, then do you feel that the various AFI lists beyond the "100 greatest" should not exist either?

Oh man! This thread is so going to rock! This is great D! What a great idea for listing your movies. You go ahead and do it however you want and I'll just sit here and check them out 'K?

Yeah, i like this layout and appreciate the effort.

Is it going to end up as your top 100 films or just genre favourites?

Thanks guys! So far, it's closer to 110. I found that listing them by genre, helped me remember more. Most of us will pass the 100 mark, anyway. I know a few members are already talking about adding to, and/or re-doing their lists. As time goes by, I'll pass it up. It's just going to take me forever to do that. Mainly because, making these clips, takes a long time. I sure hope they get viewed some.

Yes, that's a hint!

i'm new to the site....i just want to say that Spaceballs rocks and that I love the art/picture in your avatar....not sure if it is something you did or not, but i do shirts with similar art, so i appreciate it...anyhow...

Only question i have about this approach is that of defining certain films as a certain genre etc.....
Yep, there can be a fine line between the two. I know many people say that Psycho is a horror movie, where I say it is a suspense thriller. If it is possible in real life, I say it is a thriller. I save the horror movies, for those things that are not real. Like never being able to kill Michael Myers, etc . . . It's really not a concern of mine, though.

The main goal here is to give out movie ideas, which is the main reason I posted the clips. Then again, maybe I can come across some new movie ideas, as well. If you think something else should be listed, instead of such & such, post away.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
If you don't know I think this is wonderful already...

In that last post's regard, Cat Ballou is a helluva western spoof. It's obviously not a western because it has a strolling minstrel chorus, consisting of Nat King Cole, Jr. and Stubby Kaye, plus it has all kinds of newfangled '60s references, but it's got a bonafide western star (Lee Marvin) delivering a delicious dual performance. It also features "The Hole in the Wall Gang". Have you seen that one, Babe?

I love Ingrid Bergman.

If you don't know I think this is wonderful already...

In that last post's regard, Cat Ballou is a helluva western spoof. It's obviously not a western because it has a strolling minstrel chorus, consisting of Nat King Cole, Jr. and Stubby Kaye, plus it has all kinds of newfangled '60s references, but it's got a bonafide western star (Lee Marvin) delivering a delicious dual performance. It also features "The Hole in he Wall Gang". Have you seen that one, Babe?
Thank you, and yes, I have Cat Ballou. I forgot about it, and Blazing Saddles. Can you believe!?! I really like both movies, a lot. Blazing Saddles would have been in the place of Spaceballs. This is why I refuse to number them, 1-100.

I love Ingrid Bergman.
Yep, and I love that picture of her. I won't look anywhere near as good as she does, but I wouldn't mind a picture like that. She's snazzy!

You didn't think I'd stop at 100, did you!?!

Kung Pow: Enter the Fist (2002)
Written, directed, and starring Steve Oedekerk. He uses an old 70's Martial Arts film, and adds new characters.
This one really depends on your sense of humor. It isn't for everyone. Although I will be surprised, if the third clip doesn't make you laugh.

Haven't seen this one after watching the clip I don't think I want to not my kind of humour

Loved all the rest I can't remember how many times i have seen Young Fronkenstein

Chappie doesn't like the real world
I really like the way your doing your list and I wish I would have thought of it. Very much looking forward to the rest of your list.

Drama

These are the things in life, that in some way, effect the most of us. Whether it be through family, friends . . .

From financial strain, physical handicaps, learning disabilities, mental disorders, health issues, to death/losing someone. These films can educate us at times, and teach us that maybe our own lives aren't as bad as we may think they are. Some can be tough to view, at times, but they surely stay with us.

These clips aren't spoilers, but maybe they are enough to inspire you to view the film, if you haven't already. Maybe you'll view them again.

Away from Her (2006)

Julie Christie ~ Fiona Anderson
Gordon Pinsent ~ Grant Anderson

Terms of Endearment (1983)

Shirley MacLaine ~ Aurora Greenway
Debra Winger ~ Emma Greenway Horton
Jeff Daniels ~ Flap Horton
Jack Nicholson ~ Garrett Breedlove
John Lithgow ~ Sam Burns
Danny DeVito ~ Vernon Dahlart

Benny & Joon (1993)

Johnny Depp ~ Sam
Mary Stuart Masterson ~ (Joon) Juniper Pearl
Aidan Quinn ~ (Benny) Benjamin Pearl
Julianne Moore ~ Ruthie
Oliver Platt ~ Eric
Dan Hedaya ~ Thomas
CCH Pounder ~ Dr. Garvey
Joe Grifasi ~ Mike
William H. Macy ~ Randy Burch

Truly, Madly, Deeply (1990)

Juliet Stevenson ~ Nina
Alan Rickman ~ Jamie

Passion Fish (1992)

Mary McDonnell ~ May-Alice Culhane
Alfre Woodard ~ Chantelle
David Strathairn ~ Rennie

I love Benny and Joon and Terms of Endearment, for whatever reason I haven't seen Truly Madly Deeply. I aim to though. Away from Her also looks quite good. I just love the way you're putting this list together.

I love Benny and Joon and Terms of Endearment, for whatever reason I haven't seen Truly Madly Deeply. I aim to though. Away from Her also looks quite good. I just love the way you're putting this list together.
Even though Passion Fish is at the bottom of the list, I prefer it over some of those. You should check it out, for sure.

Love all of these Christine
I'm going to try not to hold that against you.