53.85%
7 votes
Patrick Swayze
46.15%
6 votes
Kurt Russell
13 votes. You may not vote on this poll

I am Jack's sense of overused quote
Two stars. One winner. LET'S DO IT!!!!!!!!

Here's is some of their more popular cheese...

Patrick Swayze

To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar

A great flick. I considered not including it in this thread because of actual cinematic integrity. But I decided Swayze, Snipes and Leguizamo in drag qualifies it.

Point Break

Swayze teams with the always dreamy Keanu Reeves. This movie was baaaad. But it did have some sweet explosions.

Ghost

Is this the cheesiest movie ever? Dead Swayze visits Demi Moore through psychic Whoopi. And then there is that scene with the pottery. Makes me want some wine for this cheese.

Red Dawn

I'm not the biggest American Dad fan, but when the Dad wanted to play Red Dawn I almost lost it.

Dirty Dancing

If you grew up in the 80s or early 90s, and you were female, you have seen this movie 2937573493 times. Because my sister is in this group, I have seen this movie that many times as well. "This is my dance space, this is your dance space." Ugh. And it tries to get all edgy by refering to an illegal abortion (Without using the word abortion, mind you.)

Road House

Swayze plays a boucner who ends up going up against organized crime. Movie is laughably entertaing (it's one of my favorites--I pop it in at least twice a year.) but has two really awesome scenes. First, a naked Kelly Lynch. Nice. Second, Dalton RIPS OUT SOME GUYS THROAT. Awesome. Yet, VERY cheesy.

Kurt Russell

Poseidon

Russel stars in the ultimate "remake of a movie which was too cheesy to be made in the first place" movie.

Stargate

For years there were sci-fi nerds who didn't like Star Trek or Star Wars. They felt alienated. Only sub-par sci-fi like Babylon 5 to follow. Then Russel starred in the inter-dimensional Stargate and a whole new world of sci-fi nerdom opened up.

Backdraft

I admire firefighters as real life hereos. They literally run into burning buildings for people they don't know. Their job is the quintessential hero tool. (Spider-man? Anyone?) That being said, all firefighters movies are CHEESY. Backdraft = no exception.

Cpt. Ron

Ummm....uhhh....no. Although you do laugh at Captain Ron. It's just that bad.

Big Trouble in Little China

The cheesiest, awesomest action movie EVER. The movie was comprised of one liners (bad ones at that), poor fight scenes, and no real sense of pace. And yet, this is another I pop in at least once a year.

Escape from New York

Mad Max goes to prison would be the best way to describe this movie. Ridiculous. So ridiculous. I highly recommend it!
-----

I have to give the edge to Swayze. Russel had more cheese in his action, but he never touched the level of sappy cheese which oozes out of Ghost and Dirty Dacing.

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Movie Forums Member
Patrick Swayze What ever happened to him?

Kurt, I have to go with Jack O'neill

Originally Posted by nebbit
Now that is pure cheese
agreed
"You smell that? Do you smell that? Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory."

-
Lieutenant Colonel Bill Kilgore

Little bump here for this thread. Other than Kurt and Pat who else would fall in this Category? I am thinking Steven Segal.
What about Jean-Claude Van Damme?

Between Kurt and Patrick... I guess I'd have to go with Kurt....

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Definitely, and maybe moreso cheesy than any mentioned thus far.

True... is he even still around? I never hear anything about him anymore... and what about that Russian guy that was in one of the Rocky movies... what was his name?

Tyger, Tyger, Burning Bright
True... is he even still around? I never hear anything about him anymore... and what about that Russian guy that was in one of the Rocky movies... what was his name?

You talking about Dolph Lundgren? (Rocky 4)

I may have to track down Johnny Mnemonic... I think I started watching it once but never finished it...

Weelllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll......um yeah, the movie is not too great it is alright, but Dolph...yeah he is great.

If nothing else there is always this: