The Football Thread

Tools    

NOT ACTUALLY BANNED
If I EVER see Eli Manning walking down the street, I'm going to kick him in the nuts.

I hate the Giants. I REALLY hate the Giants. Always have. And now the player I hate most in the world (Smug, little, whiny, bitch Eli Manning) will go down in history as the man that took down the greatest team ever. And I'll have to see his dumb smile on highlight reels for years to come after that stupid freaking scramble he made.

Geez...

You ready? You look ready.
Originally Posted by BobbyB
And I'll have to see his dumb smile on highlight reels for years to come after that stupid freaking scramble he made.
Gotta admit, he was on his A game on that play. :D

Eli played great on those last few drives and deserves a ton of credit.

(Smug, little, whiny, bitch Eli Manning)
Well, he's far from little, and I didn't see him whining. And if you dislike smugness, you'd have a hard time rooting for the Pats.

Anyway, back-to-back Manning Super Bowls; pretty amazing. I'll have some of whatever Archie Manning's serving.

You're a Genius all the time
Yup, congrats to the whole Giants organization. That third down play when Eli broke like four 300 pound linemen and hit Tyree might just be the greatest play (on both ends - the pass & the catch) i've ever seen.

I hate the Giants. I REALLY hate the Giants. Always have. And now the player I hate most in the world (Smug, little, whiny, bitch Eli Manning) will go down in history as the man that took down the greatest team ever. And I'll have to see his dumb smile on highlight reels for years to come after that stupid freaking scramble he made
Eli Manning is by far the most unassuming and modest professional athlete i have ever seen come through the city of New York. I hate the Giants, but it sure ain't because of Eli (it's their obnoxious fans).

By the by, how can you call Eli flippin Manning a "smug little whiny bitch" when the guy in your avatar is the smuggest little bitch in the league?

Originally Posted by Swedish Chef
By the by, how can you call Eli flippin Manning a "smug little whiny bitch" when the guy in your avatar is the smuggest little bitch in the league?
I wish you could give + rep points in the shout box. :yup:

NOT ACTUALLY BANNED
I've despised Eli since he cried about going to San Diego because he didn't want to get hit.

Then every time he throws an interception he looks like he was just told Santa Claus isn't real.

He is always groaning and crying and I hate him.

Plus...I hate the Giants and he's their quarterback :yup:

NOT ACTUALLY BANNED
Eli is no winner...he just happened to be at the helm of a team with a dominant defense.

I'm not saying Romo's a winner (He hasn't proven to be one yet) but Romo's more talented than Eli is.

Either way, Eli Manning is never allowed on my television screen again.

You're a Genius all the time
My roommate (who is a huge Giants fan) laughed his spleen out whenever a Romo commercial popped up during the game.

Then every time he throws an interception he looks like he was just told Santa Claus isn't real.
:yup: The Bill Simmons coined "Eli Manning Face" is indeed very high comedy.

A system of cells interlinked
I am a broken man :(

We (as in, we here in New England) will NEVER hear the end of this, like, ever.

Let the floggings begin!

Originally Posted by Swedish Chef
:yup: The Bill Simmons coined "Eli Manning Face" is indeed very high comedy.
Yeah, I dig Simmons, and the faces the Manning Bros. make are funny. But it's pretty clear to me that people have extrapolated that into entire personas. The fact that Tom Brady berates his linemen (apparently) rather than scrunches his face up doesn't make him a more gracious loser.

Tyger, Tyger, Burning Bright
I, for one, am very glad to see those arrogant Pats get a dose of their own medicine with a last minute score... I'm not specifically a fan of the Giants, but I really dislike the Pats, so the game was all good in my book :)