Last Night in Soho

Tools    

This might just do nobody any good.
Anya Taylor-Joy will star in Edgar Wright’s next film, a psychological horror thriller in the vein of “Repulsion.”

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...edium=referral

Wright co-wrote the script with Penny Dreadful’s Krysty Wilson-Cairns. Shooting begins in the summer.

Heard he was doing a horror movie. Now that it has Taylor-Joy starring, it is EXTRA COOL!

This might just do nobody any good.
She’s definitely been building up a strong case for Screem Queen of her generation.

Welcome to the human race...
I'm always down for whatever Wright puts out, but I'm especially intrigued by the prospect of him branching out into fully serious territory while still staying true to his trademark genre pastiche.

I dont like this trend of casting young new hot thing in moves by established directors like edgar directors. They should know better than that. It such a lazy casting. Dune is one of the worst examples of that.

I dont like this trend of casting young new hot thing in moves by established directors like edgar directors. They should know better than that. It such a lazy casting. Dune is one of the worst examples of that.
Anya Taylor-Joy? She's acted in 14 feature films, not to mention all the TV shows she's in. I'd hardly say she was new. She's also extremely good.

The trick is not minding
I’m not sure if you’re referring to Thomason McKenzie or Taylor-Joy, but no the have proven themselves to be decent actresses so far, especially Taylor-Joy who was good in Emma.
It’s a weird complaint nonetheless.

Welcome to the human race...
Ah, yes, that very recent trend of directors casting hot young people in their movies.

Seriously, though, it seems like the plot warrants such casting with its emphasis on the dark side of '60s glamour and someone like Anya Taylor-Joy already has some weird horror cred on account of her breakout role being The Witch so I'm not seeing the problem here.