Christmas Movies this year

Tools    

Muppets: A Christmas Carol

This is one of the better Muppet movies ever. It's certainly one of my favorite Christmas Carol type movies.Lord know there is only about a million of em. It works on every level. It's funny, uplifting and just damn good. The “Its Marley and Marley” song is ****ing amazing and will get stuck in your head for days. They casted The Muppets perfectly.Rizzo the rat and Gonzo being the narratives was the right choice. Fozzy Bear and Animal were used so well in their segments as well. Michael Caine was really good here and played Ebenzer perfectly. There wasn't too much Miss Piggy and Kermit which is ideal because they're the worst part of the Muppets. It's just a damn good family movie that everyone should watch every year and even when it's not Christmas watch it. ITs also nice that there wasn’t any celebrity cameos or anything.
Not gonna lie though Michael Caine whenever he cries is pretty funny. That scene at the end of The Dark Knight Rises at the gravesite when he is blubebring about failing the Wayans is hilarious. The same goes for here when at the end he is met with his future death. This man can not really pull off the crying emotion. Still a great Christmas movie and one of the best Muppet movies if not the best.
8.5/10.

Christmas Chronicles 2

This sequel doesnt quite capture the same magic as the original. It has some of the Christmas fun and magic that the original was able to capture, but not enough to make it feel special. One of the main the reasons for both of these movies being any good is because of Kurt Russell. Can we all agree that he is the best Santa Clause ever. He is the ideal Santa, joyful, uplifting, loving and charming. No one is gonna be topping his Santa portrayal. Plus he absolutely kills the beard and long hair game. Im a straight dude but damn his hair is amazing. The lone scene that features any sort of specialness to it is the airport scene. The musical number in this pretty decent. It works way better then the one they forced in the first movie. Along with the musical number it has Katie talking with her teenage dad, which at least restores her belief in Christmas. There is way more bad with this movie then good.

Tyrese and Goldie Hawn couldn’t have cared less about this movie if they tried. Tyrese isnt in it much so I see why he doesnt give a **** but Goldie gets plenty of screen time and she is terrible. She has absolutely none of the charm and charisma that Kurt does and she seems to be reading her lines right off a cue card. The lame villain doesnt help at all either. Belsnickel is terribly ****ing lame. He is just a big ****ing baby about everything`. Wah you didn’t pay enough attention to me, wah im human now but because I was a piece of **** elf, wah im a tub of ****ing **** wah wah. **** this poorly written character. The CGI is also garbage. All the elves look like **** and the tiger or whatever the **** that thing is looks awful. The elves don’t look that great in the original but since they have a limited screen time its not that big of a deal. In this one they have a extended amount of time and the awful CGI gets annoying.

All in all this movie is a let down from the original. Its worth the watch but I would just say watch the original over this. 6/10

The Grinch (Jim Carey version)

This movie is somehow both good and bad because of Jim Carrey. At times he is a great Grinch and other times he's a annoying ****. He just over does it at times and overacts like a mother****er. He just over does it with every little movement that he makes Over the duration of the movie this really wears on you. There are times it works and times it doesnt. Prime example of it not working and being annoying is the final scene when his heart grows to big. His constant yelling and throwing himself around is terrible and it goes on for far too long. On top of his overacting this movie just shovels a bunch of useless **** in here. At no point have I ever cared or wanted to know why the Grinch hated Christmas and the Whos. I totally get why he hates them because I couldn’t stand them either. I never needed to see baby Grinch get bullied and everything else. We can all just get behind the hatred of the dumb and annoying Whos. Even with his over the topness this is still a decent movie. 6/10.

for more of the list checkout
https://tjkellyrants.com/movies/tis-...ristmas-movies

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Muppets: A Christmas Carol

This is one of the better Muppet movies ever. It's certainly one of my favorite Christmas Carol type movies.Lord know there is only about a million of em. It works on every level. It's funny, uplifting and just damn good. The “Its Marley and Marley” song is ****ing amazing and will get stuck in your head for days. They casted The Muppets perfectly.Rizzo the rat and Gonzo being the narratives was the right choice. Fozzy Bear and Animal were used so well in their segments as well. Michael Caine was really good here and played Ebenzer perfectly. There wasn't too much Miss Piggy and Kermit which is ideal because they're the worst part of the Muppets. It's just a damn good family movie that everyone should watch every year and even when it's not Christmas watch it. ITs also nice that there wasn’t any celebrity cameos or anything.
Not gonna lie though Michael Caine whenever he cries is pretty funny. That scene at the end of The Dark Knight Rises at the gravesite when he is blubebring about failing the Wayans is hilarious. The same goes for here when at the end he is met with his future death. This man can not really pull off the crying emotion. Still a great Christmas movie and one of the best Muppet movies if not the best.
8.5/10.

The Muppet Christmas Carol was one of the movies that was nominated in the current Holiday Movie Hall of Fame. If you want to read what other people have written about it, there are links to the reviews in the first post on this page.

I've watched the Christmas Chronicles 1 and 2 during the weekend, I will also watch The Grinch (Jim Carey version) on Christmas eve