The MoFo Top 100 Albums - Preliminary Thread

Tools    

For Beck, I'd choose the vastly-underrated Mutations.
I could, his albums are all pretty much equal to me. That album deserves it just for "Tropicalia" and "Lazy Flies" alone.

Welcome to the human race...
Sea Change is the only Beck album I'd remotely consider putting near the top 25.

A system of cells interlinked
When ever I buy a Beck CD, I make sure to buy 2 copies. That way, I can put a stick through the middle and use the newly-built contraption to dispense toilet paper.

One further clarification - I will accept albums that are below the stipulated minimum length of 25 minutes provided they are still officially considered albums e.g. The Circle Jerks' Group Sex or Misfits' Earth A.D./Wolf's Blood.

I think my favorite Beck album is One Foot In the Grave but I didn't vote for it. Didn't vote for any Beatles either (not that I'm a hater at all).

4 rap albums made my list, and I think I had 4 groups with more than 1 album.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Yeah, it's doubtful that I'll vote for any Beatles but that doesn't mean that I don't think The White Album is fantastic.

I have to put Nick Cave and Robyn Hitchcock on my list. Both have albums I'm debating between.

And Crass. Must have Crass.

Weird, another board I'm at just started a top 100 albums list too. That's convenient.

Also, Mutations is at the very least Beck's most underrated album. My top 3 would probably be Sea Change, Odelay, and Mutations, but I'm not sure of the order. At least one will be on my list, probably two.

And you can bet your sweet bippy i'll have some beatles on my list. At least two.

1. London Calling, The Clash, 1979
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Also, I guess we could do books after?
This is something I thought about once -- nobody's done a Top Book anything yet.

Cool idea, count me in once I manage to get to ten posts (apparently a requirement to pm lol).
Per the rules laid down for the Top 100 TV Shows thread, you'll have to stay on the forum for at least a month after registering before you can submit a list.

Per the rules laid down for the Top 100 TV Shows thread, you'll have to stay on the forum for at least a month after registering before you can submit a list.
Yep. And you don't even have to post for that whole month, too, especially if you're Holden Pike's friend.

I think someone else can manage the Top 100 Books countdown if they want, but I figure I'll be the one to handle the Top 100 Videogames countdown.