Pierce Brosnan as James Bond

Tools    

As u can see my avatar , i am pierce brosnan as james bond, a photo taken from goldeneye my favorite 007 movie along with goldfinger and the spy who loved me, but i always liked pierce s portrayal of the character more than the others maybe because i grew up when the guy was doing what he does best in the world of espionage, he perfectly fills the contamporary bond mainly the post cold war one i would say, with the right charms and sense of humour delivery very comfortable in the role.
I think goldeneye rating of 7.2/10 looks a bit underrated certainly the film is his best 007 outin.
i would like to add that maybe the presence of sean bean in the movie as a more than capable nemesis makes the movie even more engaging as good vs evil lock horns, i think this is the reason the presence of two powerful actors head to head gives the movie its charm,
i would rate die another day maybe just after although i will find people scratching their heads for my choice, but the plot in die another day is better delivered than for example tomorrow never dies, which seemed lacking in some areas, although superb in the action scenes.
What are your favorite movies from this irish actor and do you guys like his portrayal of james bond.

As u can see my avatar , i am pierce brosnan as james bond, a photo taken from goldeneye my favorite 007 movie along with goldfinger and the spy who loved me, but i always liked pierce s portrayal of the character more than the others maybe because i grew up when the guy was doing what he does best in the world of espionage, he perfectly fills the contamporary bond mainly the post cold war one i would say, with the right charms and sense of humour delivery very comfortable in the role.
I think goldeneye rating of 7.2/10 looks a bit underrated certainly the film is his best 007 outin.
i would like to add that maybe the presence of sean bean in the movie as a more than capable nemesis makes the movie even more engaging as good vs evil lock horns, i think this is the reason the presence of two powerful actors head to head gives the movie its charm,
i would rate die another day maybe just after although i will find people scratching their heads for my choice, but the plot in die another day is better delivered than for example tomorrow never dies, which seemed lacking in some areas, although superb in the action scenes.
What are your favorite movies from this irish actor and do you guys like his portrayal of james bond.
The Spy Who Loved Me's one of my favourite Bond films, along with Licence to Kill.

Pierce Brosnan was so good because he was like a cross between Connery and Moore – you had the throwaway humour but also an undercurrent of ruthlessness and menace. The World is Not Enough springs to mind especially for that aspect of his performance.

I agree about GoldenEye being his best one. It was a very different film to anything that had gone before and what I particularly enjoy is Eric Serra's score, which sets it apart. Also, great action set pieces throughout.

Welcome to the human race...
Yeah, I'm definitely in the age bracket where I considered Brosnan to be "my Bond", so to speak - grew up playing the N64 game and the first Bond movies I saw in theatres were his. GoldenEye is easily the pick of the bunch and also one of my favourites in the series anyway. I do have a soft spot for Tomorrow Never Dies due to its delightfully hammy villain being one of the better "rich megalomaniac" types, though I'm naturally less fond of the other two. In any case, Brosnan carried himself well and even when he got on in years he didn't seem as totally out-of-place as Moore did towards the end of his tenure.

The lines I remember most from Tomorrow Never Dies:

"Wait! I'm just a professional doing a job."

"Me too." *bang*

And I thought, "don't piss off Pierce Brosnan's Bond."

Best villain of Bronson's era: Alec Trevelyan/006. Made me really respect the idea of a villain who was an evil version of Bond, like Red Grant, Raoul Silva, even Jaws.

The lines I remember most from Tomorrow Never Dies:

"Wait! I'm just a professional doing a job."

"Me too." *bang*

And I thought, "don't piss off Pierce Brosnan's Bond."

Best villain of Bronson's era: Alec Trevelyan/006. Made me really respect the idea of a villain who was an evil version of Bond, like Red Grant, Raoul Silva, even Jaws.
"I may have some breaking news for you Elliot"

Brosnan delivers these kind of lines very, very well because it's funny and threatening at the same time. I think maybe that's the difference between him and Dalton: you get the impression that Brosnan's Bond buries his feelings more and is a colder presence.

Hes also who i think of when i think of James Bond. Im not a very big Bond fan,however i prefer the newer versions for the same reason i prefer the newer batman movies. older goes more for the fun and humour whilst the newer ones are darker which i prefer.

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
Brosnan was terrific as Bond, although I agree with Topsy that these newer editions are better films overall. He was very easy on the eye, though

Only like Goldeneye from him, he was pretty good as Bond though. I can only watch the Connery Bond films now, i'd pick his worst ones to watch over any other Bond films tbh.

I never really bought Craig as Bond. He didn't have that IT factor.

I think of Brosan as the last true Bond having the typical characteristics that 007 should have and they just about pulled it off, bringing bond back to life. Daniel Craig is one of my favourite actors but he didn't look like Bond from the beginning and the films are way too serious, I think they altered too far from the path. That's no to say they were bad movies but Brosnan did what I thought was the impossible, be James Bond in the 90's but he was to be the last in my opinion.

I liked Pierce's take on the character. He's the suave urbane suit-and-tie gentleman Bond with a perfect mix of the funny and the serious.

But unfortunately, he was limited by some really bad scripts and inexperienced directors in his later films.

I think goldeneye rating of 7.2/10 (on IMDB) looks a bit underrated certainly the film is his best 007 outing.

There's a difference between how Bond fans and general movie fans think of Bond films.

For a Bond fan, Goldeneye is excellent. It checks all the boxes people expect (evil lair, gadgets, sinister villain, etc) and checks those boxes really well. It also rejuvenated the franchise and brought in a new generation of viewers.

But as a movie in general, it's a good action film, but not the most original or highest IQ.

On paper, he should have been one of the best Bonds. During Remington Steele audiences were clamoring for him to get the roll. And then he got it and it wasn't quite as great as we had hoped it would be, but that has a lot to do with the writing and plotting.

As u can see my avatar , i am pierce brosnan as james bond, a photo taken from goldeneye my favorite 007 movie along with goldfinger and the spy who loved me, but i always liked pierce s portrayal of the character more than the others ...

I thought Brosnan was excellent in The Matador (2005), playing a rather neurotic off beat hit man as his career is winding down.

As Bond, he exuded the masculine threatening quality of 007, and he wasn't bad at the comic parts. But when viewing Brosnan in some roles he oftentimes seems to give off a vague feeling of an interloper, that he's an outsider trying to fit himself in. There's a bit of the devil in him, for sure, but sometimes it feels like he's larger than the role.

I was always a Sean Connery 007 man. But nobody could do Sean Connery, with his charisma, magnetism and seductiveness. When Daniel Craig was introduced as Bond, he represented the modern 21st Century 007, with athleticism and determination. After Connery, Craig was my favorite.