The Videogames Tab

Tools    

The Adventure Starts Here!
Yeah I'll be WarningTrack on the broadcast.

Oh, we rented the NES? That makes sense. I remember we were pretty poor and I was always confused about how we were able to play that so long ago. It all makes sense now.
We rented it from the Foodtowne grocery story down the street. Eventually we bought one, but when you were four and were stuck in the house after going to the doctor, we wanted to find something fun you could do while sprawled out on the floor with a pillow and blanket. This seemed better than just watching bad TV with the antenna.

You and your dad (and your brother as much as he could) played that first Mario Bros. game for so long. I'll never forget the first time you all got to the first castle and thought you had won... only to find out that the princess was in ANOTHER FREAKING CASTLE!

Weeping and gnashing of teeth, I tell ya!

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I visualize a young baby yoda wearing full body PJs with those footie sandpaper strips swaying side to side; green, hairy ears at eager attention, all happy to have made it to end of level one. Then the turn to the dark side began.

It all makes so much sense now.

Thank you for sharing this.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

I visualize a young baby yoda wearing full body PJs with those footie sandpaper strips swaying side to side; green, hairy ears at eager attention, all happy to have made it to end of level one. Then the turn to the dark side began.

It all makes so much sense now.

Thank you for sharing this.
This was all before the days of heavy internet usage (even at our house, which started when Yoda was three), and obviously before the days of walkthroughs. Nobody had a clue that the game had LEVELS, even. Until that fateful day...

Duck Hunt was the other game that came with the original console, another fave.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
This was all before the days of heavy internet usage (even at our house, which started when Yoda was three), and obviously before the days of walkthroughs. Nobody had a clue that the game had LEVELS, even. Until that fateful day...

Duck Hunt was the other game that came with the original console, another fave.
Oh I remember drawing maps for Metroid, or using Electronic Gaming Monthly spreads to track Zelda locations! I lurved it!!!

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
The brutality of some of those games would make a Souls player whimper. Especially rentals with no instruction manual 😡🤬🤯😭

There was a Conan game I rented from Phar-Mor and never got past the first screen ☠️

Charity/speedrunning stream is live!

https://www.twitch.tv/speedrun

I'll be on a little after 4:00 PM ET for about an hour, then again around 6:30 PM, assuming it doesn't fall behind schedule.
I have a browser tab open with this now. How fun!

What's the cause again?
The School of Interactive Arts, run by the Urban Arts Partnership. It's a program that prepares underprivileged youth for careers in game design.

Silly me--I thought you were one of the runners/players. You're an announcer! (The faster-talking one, of course!) You should have been a sports commentator, which we've all told you since you were a teenager.

Sorry, just saw this. Yeah, just casting! I prefer that to playing really. Thanks for the donation, I knew I could riff off the Mom thing and chat would love it.

Sorry, just saw this. Yeah, just casting! I prefer that to playing really. Thanks for the donation, I knew I could riff off the Mom thing and chat would love it.
It's fun to razz you a little like that... glad you take it so well. So who is "notwarningtrack" then if it's not you?

P.S. These are really fun to watch!