August Rush

→ in
Tools    

Celluloid Temptation Facilitator
Has anyone seen it? Particularly has anyone who is a musician seen it?

It was pretty good though I wanted more story. I'm just curious if people really play a guitar well by mostly slapping it?

Also I find it hard to believe even a prodigy would do things so quickly and so well.

If I worried about moral delima messages I could question that too.

Robin Williams was GREAT. The kids were GREAT. I wanted much more story on them.

Terrance Howard's eyes did not get enough screen time. I'll go to any movie staring them.

Keri Russell looked good if a little oral herpes-ish.

The male leads lips were awesome.

Was he really singing?

Did anyone in the movie actually play their instruments?

Who knows the answers?

I have seen it, the film was not as good as the music... I believe the music won awards. Williams is always good as was Russell, but Im not sure how factually correct the film is as per how fast and good a prodigy could be etc.

Some reviewers called the film rediculous, and it has recieved many negative comments...

Well I play bass and drums. I'm not sure I'd call myself a musician though

As far as I know they all are really playing.
Keri Russell however doesn't play in real life, she just studied bits and pieces for the movie if i remember correctly. Jonathan and Freddie play both guitar in real life.

And btw I loved the movie :P

I'm looking forward to seeing it.

BANNED
It was a nice movie to watch. The film was an Academy Award-nominated for drama category on 2007.

I just watched the movie. The concept is good, but the movie is only so so. The performance of the main actors is satisfying, especially Freddie as always. You should believe in magic/ miracles to respect this movie, but even then, some parts seem forced. It's a bit too long as well.

Celluloid Temptation Facilitator
My husband the musician say it and answered my question about that style of playing. Yes, some do use it. He could name the names but I can't remember them atm.

He also noticed that "Freddy's" hands were suddenly adult male hands on the close up guitar playing. LOL! I had missed that!