Top Ten foreign films

Tools    

Oh dear god this would be hard to list but i have to try and put them down.

1) Ichi the killer (2001)
2) Dolls (2002)
3) In the Mood For Love (2000)
4) Oldboy (2003)
5) Cidade de Deus (city of god) (2002)
6) Ran (1985)
7) Hiroshima Man Amour (1959)
8) A Big Bang Love: Juvenile A (2006)
9) Tokyo Story (1953)
10) Le Samourai (1967)

few very very good miss out on the list....but at the moment i can compile this list.

list your top ten foreign films.

1. Le Fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain (2001)
2. ****ing Åmål (1998)
3. Shichinin no samurai (1954)
4. Siu lam juk kau (2001)
5. La Haine (1995)
6. Das Experiment (2001)
7. Le Grand bleu (1988)
8. Malèna (2000)
9. Hable con ella (2002)
10. Oldboy (2003)

A system of cells interlinked
There are already numerous threads on this subject. I discovered the results below simply my typing "foreign" into the search field, and designating search titles only. Before posting any new threads, please try to make sure it hasn't been covered already, buy spending a minute searching the forums.

Foreign Film Threads

Thanks

_S

Amores perros!

This is Bat Country!
Ichi The Killer
Old Boy
Y'tu Mama Tabien
Pans Labyrinth
Amores Perros
Ong Bak
City of God
Central Station
Nine Queens

finding it hard to think of two more i actually really like...

those arent in any particular order by the way

has anyone seen run lola run?

Meadows and Wook Obsessive
City of God = Great brazillian film about the trials and tribulations of growing up.

Oldboy = Considered the best of Park Chan Wook's "Vengeance" trilogy, I personally cant choose one out of the three. It's a brutal tale of revenge with the typical Korean originality that you could expect to creep out of asia.

Pan's Labyrinth = If you haven't heard of Guillermo Del Toro this is the perfect introduction into his mind and creative ways. An amazing fantasy amidst the spanish civil war. So beautiful.

Watch all three.

Haven't seen Amelie but I hear it's very original and fresh. :P

Meadows and Wook Obsessive
Oh sorry, I didn't realize your e-penis was so huge.

Guess I shouldn't mess with you huh?

ohhh yh- English - Hot fuzz (rating: GREAT, 9/10)
-Indian- Noobs of india ( 8/10, VERY GOOD)
- Egyption- Derca Derca Mohammed Gihad (10/10 AMAZING)
- Australian- How kangaroos jump (7/10 FARE)
- runescapian - The passion of the Noob ( 8/10 VERY GOOD)

This has become a passion of mine. Last night I watched 'The Motorcycle Diaries' which was excellent.

It is the story of a young Ernesto "Che" Guevara, who travels from Argentina through Chile & on to a Leper colony in Peru. On his journey he sees things that will shape his future and make him the man he was, without this journey I do not think that Ernest would have become Che (if you know what I mean!?)

My favorite film of this year is 'The Orphanage' & I love the films of Guillermo Del Torro & Alejandro González Iñárritu.

My Top Ten

1 City Of God
2 Life Is Beautiful
3 Amores Perros
4 The Orphanage
5 Babel
6 Pan's Labyrinth
7 Letters From Iwo Jima (I know it is US made)
8 No Man's Land
9 The Life Of Others
10 The Motorcycle Diaries

1. Woman in the Dunes
2. Hiroshima mon amour
3. The Conformist
4. Sans soleil
5. Aguirre, The Wrath of God
6. The Idiot
7. Mouchette
8. Humanity
9. Cyclo
10. 2046

I haven't seen many foreign films.
But I do love Godzilla movies very much.

This has become a passion of mine. Last night I watched 'The Motorcycle Diaries' which was excellent.

It is the story of a young Ernesto "Che" Guevara, who travels from Argentina through Chile & on to a Leper colony in Peru. On his journey he sees things that will shape his future and make him the man he was, without this journey I do not think that Ernest would have become Che (if you know what I mean!?)

My favorite film of this year is 'The Orphanage' & I love the films of Guillermo Del Torro & Alejandro González Iñárritu.

My Top Ten

1 City Of God
2 Life Is Beautiful
3 Amores Perros
4 The Orphanage
5 Babel
6 Pan's Labyrinth
7 Letters From Iwo Jima (I know it is US made)
8 No Man's Land
9 The Life Of Others
10 The Motorcycle Diaries

Can't believe I missed Amélie off my list. Place it at No6 & drop everything else from 6 a place down!!!

Just watched 'Tae Guk Gi' (Brotherhood). What an awesome film. I've just composed myself, this film made me bubber like a five year old. It is as good as any war film made in Hollywood, including Saving Private Ryan.

My list just changed again, as this would have to come in at No5!!

A PHD in Whiskey and Stonerology
This is such a tough topic to respond to, seeing as 'foreign films' covers anything not from your country (in my case the U.S.). So I won't give a top ten, but I'll list some that I really enjoyed:

The Motorcycle Diaries
Ichi the Killer
Akira
The Story of the Weeping Camel
City of God
Ringu
Joyeux Noel
The Triplets of Belleville*
The Way Home*

All of these are brilliant films. Those with a * next to them are lesser known pieces that I think everyone should see.

This is such a tough topic to respond to, seeing as 'foreign films' covers anything not from your country (in my case the U.S.). So I won't give a top ten, but I'll list some that I really enjoyed:

The Motorcycle Diaries
Ichi the Killer
Akira
The Story of the Weeping Camel
City of God
Ringu
Joyeux Noel
The Triplets of Belleville*
The Way Home*

All of these are brilliant films. Those with a * next to them are lesser known pieces that I think everyone should see.
I only count foreign language films. So I never count US, Canadian, Australian etc films!