0%
0 votes
NOW YOU SEE ME
21.43%
3 votes
THIS IS THE END
14 votes. You may not vote on this poll

On the outside looking in.
Now that most of the big summer movies have hit the multi-plexes, which one gets your vote as the cream of the crop?

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
As I've only seen two films from that list so far I don't really think I should be voting as it's not a particularly informed opinion. Of the two however (Star Trek Into Darkness, Iron Man 3) I'd certainly give the nod to Iron Man 3. And if any of those others films topped it I would be very impressed.

And surely you forgot the most loved film of the summer - After Earth!!!

I have seen 6 thus far and unfortunately Monsters U takes it to this point. Iron Man 3 was decent though. If Mud counted that would win by miles for me. I have high hopes for Elysium.

I enjoyed both Man of Steel and Star Trek definitely. Star Trek I especially liked because of Benedict Cumberbatch - he was a fantastic ruthless baddie and I could see him possibly taking cinema by storm within the next few years.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	a_610x408.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	17.0 KB
ID:	10756  
"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible." - T.E. Lawrence

Not interested in any of those. Lone Ranger was bummer i heard. I am planning to go to Despicable me 2 this weekend.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Elysium will rule this summer I reckon, followed by Kick Ass 2 and Star Trek.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to go and see too many movies this year just yet.

But gotta say Monsters University was pretty good.

From the one's I've seen between Iron Man 3 (better than 2, worse than 1) and MOS which I thoroughly enjoyed.

yea where is Pacific Rim? That movie was freaking captivating, I felt like a 10 year old kid watching it. I just got home from it and I'm still freaking giddy. Pacific Rim hands down for me.

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

On the outside looking in.
yea where is Pacific Rim? That movie was freaking captivating, I felt like a 10 year old kid watching it. I just got home from it and I'm still freaking giddy. Pacific Rim hands down for me.

PACIFIC RIM had yet to be released at the time this poll was created. Haven't seen it yet, but I'm guessing it would win a "Best Video Game of the Summer" poll hands down.

I voted for This Is The End, with Star Trek coming in at a very close second. I just loved all of the self referential humor, and I always enjoy all of the key players in the movie, and there were definitely a few truly great scene stealing performances that just made me die, like Micheal Cera, as a cocaine addicted, sex craved junky, even though his role was brief. And Jonah Hill, who I enjoyed the most out of the six main roles, who did a perfect send up of self assured, narcissistic actor who had a giant blow of confidence because of an Oscar nomination ("Dear god, it's me, Jonah Hill... from Moneyball,) and of course, The Exorcism Of Jonah Hill. That, some great lines I've been quoting nonstop since I've watched it, and even more hilarious hits on the rest of the cast's particular quirks (like Seth Rogen's laugh, and Craig Robinson's apparent sweat problem,) it was just nonstop funny from beginning to end for me, even with the apocalyptic comedy being a very overused template this year (It's A Disaster, The World's End, and Craig Robinson's own Rapture-Palooza) but hey, the two I've watched this year have been extremely funny, and they all have their own distinctive qualities, so I don't mind, keep em' coming.

But, summer isn't over yet, and there's a lot of movies that are coming out that I'm very excited for that come out in the summer (Blue Jasmine, Elysium, Kick Ass 2, etc.) and a few I haven't gotten the chance to watch yet (The Way, Way Back, The Bling Ring, etc.) So I'll post my definite answer up at the end of the summer I'm sure!

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Iron Man 3 and Man of Steel were both awesome, but my favorite so far has to be Star Trek Into Darkness. I do not know if anything will top that for me. I wanted to like Hangover III much more than I actually did. This far away from seeing it, it made almost no impression on me. I still make jokes from the first two, especially the Alan Town song from II, but nothing from III has taken...

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Kakarot89: The Infamous Thread Killer
I couldn't help but notice Pacific Rim wasn't on the list. I can't say anything about The World's End yet but as of right now, I say Pacific Rim was the best.