Anybody serious about coffee?

Tools    

You ready? You look ready.
If Alexa can turn it on so can the overseas spies 🤪

I would love to have some automated lights in my house, tho. That’d be cool. Since no one in the family knows how a light switch works

And I also second the heated bathroom floor. those are dope

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
You would think so! I mean, the toaster is mere INCHES away!

We have so much of our house automated now that I have to warn guests that lights seem to randomly go off and on by themselves, the bathroom floor heats up now and then, and the phone shouts out the number of whoever is calling. Such is life when married to an electrical engineer with no real hobbies.

Watch this episode of "The X-Files" and you might rethink automating your home.

Rm9sbG93ZXJz

The Adventure Starts Here!
THIS POST HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH COFFEE and SHOULD BE IN McCLANE'S POST ABOUT BUYING A NEW HOUSE.

And I also second the heated bathroom floor. those are dope
I fought it at the time because we had been without a working shower/main bathroom for months and were still DRIVING back to the OLD HOUSE to take a freaking shower every day. His research and added work (since he did it himself) meant about three extra weeks on the project. He chose electric floor heating instead of hot water. (He's an electrical engineer, so...)

But I tell ya, in the dead of winter, in the middle of the night, when you walk in there barefoot and feel WARM tiles underfoot... oh my goodness. I fall in love with him all over again.

It also means the whole bathroom is warmer whenever the floor is "on." Very nice when getting nekkid to shower when it's freezing outside.

But I tell ya, in the dead of winter, in the middle of the night, when you walk in there barefoot and feel WARM tiles underfoot... oh my goodness.
I would love this. I presume this is something that’s turned on & off? One wouldn’t want a heated floor in the summer would one?

I would love this. I presume this is something that’s turned on & off? One wouldn’t want a heated floor in the summer would one?
Oh yes! It's automated too (since it's encased in self-leveling concrete and does need a few minutes to heat up so you can feel it). So we typically have it set to go on about a half hour before hubby gets up for work. It's then off most of the day after we're both up and showered.

That's "off" right now (or "nighttime") with the moon icon. It heats up to about 82 degrees F., which is really toasty without being uncomfortable.

I love coffee, but I try tbecause I have some heart problemso drink it as little as possible

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
THIS POST HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH COFFEE and SHOULD BE IN McCLANE'S POST ABOUT BUYING A NEW HOUSE.

I fought it at the time because we had been without a working shower/main bathroom for months and were still DRIVING back to the OLD HOUSE to take a freaking shower every day. His research and added work (since he did it himself) meant about three extra weeks on the project. He chose electric floor heating instead of hot water. (He's an electrical engineer, so...)

But I tell ya, in the dead of winter, in the middle of the night, when you walk in there barefoot and feel WARM tiles underfoot... oh my goodness. I fall in love with him all over again.

It also means the whole bathroom is warmer whenever the floor is "on." Very nice when getting nekkid to shower when it's freezing outside.

I tell my girlfriend the one thing I really enjoy about a nice hotel is the bathroom. Even though it’s cool tile instead of warm, that sensation changes my mood for the better.

On topic, Dunkin stinks! 😆

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
Just did my first cold brew. Used an 8:1 and it turned out pretty good. Stuff is potent though. Made about 15 oz. (3 servings) and could see it really being easy to overdose 😄

I like that taste, many call it “sweetness” , but it’s something else to me that you don’t get in warm coffee.

BTW. I’ll always be hot coffee guy. Something about the warmth loosening up a sleepy head 😴

On topic, Dunkin stinks! 😆
It’s the only coffee I will drink.

I’ll always be hot coffee guy. Something about the warmth loosening up a sleepy head.
Hot coffee always for me. Every day.

I rarely drink coffee, but that's not to say I dislike it by any means. I just prefer hot chocolate by a pretty wide margin.

It’s the only coffee I will drink.

Hot coffee always for me. Every day.
Also a hot coffee fan here. I do like and drink iced coffee, but not in the morning. That's a totally separate type of drink to me and does not belong as part of my morning routine. Hot coffee for that!

Tanya Harding had probably my favorite coffee story ever told.

My stepdaughter suggested I get a Nespresso machine and milk frother, and it's made me a proper coffee snob now. Every morning I have a lovely Nespresso with frothed milk in one of my favorite 20-ounce Calamityware "Things Could Be Worse" mugs:

I'm as serious as a heart attack (as they used to say).

It seems like every few years the medical community changes its stance on coffee - one year it's one of the most destructive things you can put into your body, then another year it allegedly helps to prevent cancer, heart disease and it treats allergies!

Since I'm a habitual user, I lean toward accepting coffee as a cure-all.

In recent times I start off with a couple cups of hot coffee in the morning, but I've taken to making an afternoon ice coffee almost everyday.

I'm as serious as a heart attack (as they used to say).

It seems like every few years the medical community changes its stance on coffee - one year it's one of the most destructive things you can put into your body, then another year it allegedly helps to prevent cancer, heart disease and it treats allergies!

Since I'm a habitual user, I lean toward accepting coffee as a cure-all.

In recent times I start off with a couple cups of hot coffee in the morning, but I've taken to making an afternoon ice coffee almost everyday.
In one of my humor essays from 2010 called "More Random Things I Notice," from Head in the Sand... And Other Unpopular Positions, I wrote this about coffee:

"During one week, I see a news story about a study saying that coffee is good for you. The next week, a new study asserts that coffee is bad for you. So, just to be safe, I drink coffee every other week."