MoFo Fantasy Football 2021 - The Season

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
I always struggle during the BYE weeks, so I will take any win I can get, even if it's my friggin' KICKER that pulls it out for me, which is the case this week. I had both my 1st and 2nd round dudes on a BYE, so that's one tough off-week down. Another coming up right away, as my grave error of drafting two QBs with the same BYE week come to a head this week, forcing me to start Winston in that slot. Gonna be tough to win this one.

GG Wylde!

The trick is not minding
I think next year, when it comes to draft time, whoever has that #1 slot has to seriously debate if McCaffrey is still worth that pick, given his injury history the past two years. For my money, I feel Cook and Henry are a little more worthwhile, even if McCaffrey is more versatile.

A system of cells interlinked
CORRECTION: While looking at both my teams, and seeing both Dak and Kirk Cousins on a BYE, I mistakenly thought I had two QBs not playing this week. This was not correct.

Carry on!

The trick is not minding
The more heartbreak we collect as a group, the stronger my arguments for abandoning (or at least tweaking) the completely random H2H format get...
I actually don’t mind the H2H format, but what would you do to tweak it?

I'm not sure which I'd advocate, but there are various tiers of ways to make it less random:

1) Playoff seeding based entirely on points scored.
2) Still wins/losses, but the top half of the league gets a win each week and the bottom half gets a loss.
3) Mostly the same, except the final playoff spot goes to whichever non-playoff team has the highest score.

And lots of other gradations between.

I'd like H2H if there were some meaningful interaction or strategy between opponents. Right now it's essentially just an added layer of randomness, though.

The trick is not minding
*notices Yahoo has him favored to beat The Empire*
*remembers how that worked out for him the last 3 weeks*

Stop giving me false hope, Yahoo! 🤨

*notices Yahoo has him favored to beat The Empire*
*remembers how that worked out for him the last 3 weeks*

Stop giving me false hope, Yahoo! 🤨
Doubt I'll win this week. My three best RB's are out.

Let the night air cool you off
Oh wow. My projected score jumped up. It was at a 101-97 projection earlier.
I don't know if it was a similar thing with you or not, but Yahoo had something going on earlier it. It was showing Derrick Henry projected to get 0 points which freaked me out, but without being able to find anything on Google, I assume it was just a funky bug or something.

Does anybody still read the yahoo articles on the league page? I still do a little bit. I admit tho, its a little frustrating. I don't think I've ever read one where there was multiple guys mentioned as replacements that I could actually choose from. In this league (and this has always been the case) you're lucky if one of the guys they mention is available. It must be nice to be in a league where so much talent is available on the wire. In this league most of the guys they talk about were picked up weeks before these guys get written about. Meh. This fantasy season sucks so far. Way too many guys hurt.

The trick is not minding
Does anybody still read the yahoo articles on the league page? I still do a little bit. I admit tho, its a little frustrating. I don't think I've ever read one where there was multiple guys mentioned as replacements that I could actually choose from. In this league (and this has always been the case) you're lucky if one of the guys they mention is available. It must be nice to be in a league where so much talent is available on the wire. In this league most of the guys they talk about were picked up weeks before these guys get written about. Meh. This fantasy season sucks so far. Way too many guys hurt.
I read them, yeah.
And injuries, yeah, I went through that last year. Holden has both years. It stinks.
In my other league, I had both Chubb and Hunt and now I have neither for for this week. I was lucky to have grabbed Chuba though.