Uncut Gems

→ in
Tools    

I'm super excited about everything I've seen about this film so far. To note though I've heard not to watch the trailer if you want a completely spoiler free first viewing , don't know the legitimacy to the claim since it's what I've been told not having seen it yet myself. And I hate trailers for movies I'm excited about anyways.

Really though Good Time was phenomenal from the Safdie Brothers, A24 is on a hot streak, and I absolutely love the potential of Adam Sandler in his serious roles, so all big pluses for me

the potential of Adam Sandler in his serious roles, so all big pluses for me

Not sure about this, bit like trying to take Arnie seriously playing a mild mannered character

Never heard of the Safdie Brothers before this trailer. I'll have to check out Good Time. First glance I thought it was a Sandler movie, but him not being in creative control makes it more interesting. Little afraid of Garnett having a big role it looks like. Seems to have gotten good buzz out of Tiff and a December release along with a Tiff appearance seems to indicate they think it's an awards player.

I'll have to check out Good Time and see if they dudes might have the sauce, seems like that role got Pattinson back into the fold of Hollywood mainstream.

Also I watched a couple trailer reactions online....it's funny watching all these nerdy reactors completely not know who Kevin Garnett is . He comes and goes without a mention

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

Not sure about this, bit like trying to take Arnie seriously playing a mild mannered character
But Adam Sandler did already do that, in Punch Drunk Love, and I love him in that movie

Its got Lakeith Stanfield, so thats interesting. My hopes aren't very high for this though, and I'm a big sports betting fan.

I'm dying to see this film. I love Adam Sander, one of the most underrated actors ever. The Toronto audience loved it, they say it have a shoot at the Oscar's. Let's see. I'm hoping I can see in the theaters, probably won't happen.

Adam Sandler was named Best Actor for his performance in Uncut Gems by the National Board of Review yesterday. Believe it or not, he's become one of the front-runners in the Best Actor race for the Golden Globe and the Oscar. I personally don't feel he will win either (Joaquin Phoenix has both of those in the bag in my book), but I'm Happy (Gilmore) for Mr. Sandler.
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Is Uncut Gems getting a wide release? Feels like it has a potential of breaking out more than A24's usual arthouse cinema. Adam Sandler isn't a niche name and most of his movies have made money. I wonder what type of draw he'd be if they hyped it up with a bigger release. My theaters around here never show limited releases

Is Uncut Gems getting a wide release? Feels like it has a potential of breaking out more than A24's usual arthouse cinema. Adam Sandler isn't a niche name and most of his movies have made money. I wonder what type of draw he'd be if they hyped it up with a bigger release. My theaters around here never show limited releases
I wouldn't call A24 arthouse.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I personally don't feel he will win either (Joaquin Phoenix has both of those in the bag in my book
I hope not.

Suspect's Reviews

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
I love the comment, "Adam Sandler playing John Turturro playing a Mid-Town scummy jeweler."

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
It was good, but not great I thought. I felt kind of short, like they could have made a longer, bigger story out of this. But still good. People are calling this a serious movie but I took it as a black comedy and laughed several times throughout. Did anyone else think so? Sandler's performance was very good.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
I love the comment, "Adam Sandler playing John Turturro playing a Mid-Town scummy jeweler."
For a brief second I thought it was Turturro.

Talk about an exercise in torturing your audience with a dangling carrot for 2 hours. Thought it was good but was an uncomfortable watch.

I really liked Uncut Gems from an acting standpoint, but the movie itself didn't convince me.. I didn't develop any interest on the characters whatsoever