The MoFo Top 100 Films Directed By Women: The Countdown

→ in
Tools    

movies can be okay...
The list I submitted was garbage, but hey, at least it was something...but yeah, as Iroquois said, I don't care about the director's gender when watching a movie, but I think from now on, I will start to at least look for more films directed by women, so I guess this list should help me with that.

The Invitation was pretty good from what I remember of it. I'm not sure if I submitted it in my list or not, since I failed to save a copy of it, but it's most likely that I did.

Now and Then doesn't look for me, so I'll pass.
"A film has to be a dialogue, not a monologue — a dialogue to provoke in the viewer his own thoughts, his own feelings. And if a film is a dialogue, then it’s a good film; if it’s not a dialogue, it’s a bad film."
- Michael "Gloomy Old Fart" Haneke

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I've seen all the 1-Pointers except for Women's Day (although it seems awfully familiar). cat. I'll post the Blood Diner trailer if you don't.

As far as Now and Then goes, I liked it a bit better when it came out but it's still decent. Yes, the part when they were young is much better. As far as The Invitation goes. I did write a brief snippet to donniedarko about it -
It started out very slow, but I knew with that metaphorical, put-out-of-its-misery opening and that weird cult video at the party that something had to eventually happen. I just wasn't sure which way it was going. The final 20 minutes may make it worthwhile for those who can take the buildup. Did you read meaty's take on it on the previous page?
No votes from me yet.

Iro. if it's not too much trouble, you could add a few more entries please.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
8. The Invitation - Karyn Kusama
18. Now & Then - Lesli Linka Glatter

I guess I'm the big fan of The Invitation??? Great atmosphere, tension and hectic climax.

Now & Then is one of my wife's favourite films. I've seen it a few times and each time I feel like I like it more. Stand By Me is vastly superior, but this one is good.

Suspect's Reviews

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I was going to leave this alone but... Referring to the late director, I posted
Well, she's in Je, tu, il, elle too, and the third act is pretty sexy when she and her lady friend "wrestle" naked in bed for 10 minutes. But the rest of the flick is bottom of the barrel.

I was going to leave this alone but... Referring to the late director, I posted
How is it bottom of the barrel though? She doesn't even reach the bottom of the barrel of sugar as far as i'm aware, unless there's a sequel.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
It's one of Akerman's weakest, but still better than half of @mark f's top 10.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Now And Then didn't end up on my radar but I remember it being a very sweet and enjoyable film. Probably wouldn't have made my list without a rewatch though. Haven't seen The Invitation.

The Invitation is a flawed film, but does has pretty decent entertainment value. Maybe with better actors it would've been a great film. I gave it a
+ when I watched it