Your biggest cinema-related frustrations

Tools    

My biggest cinema-related frustrations:

SSSL (Super Short Shot Length), the average length of a film edit is getting shorter and shorter in Hollywood. Especially in CG blockbuster action films. I can't stand this type of film making, it's more like a video game brought to the big screen. In fact that's my biggest frustration, video game looking movies aimed at teens.

Face/Off at least has some style, though.
It has some cool swagger for sure. I watched again a few years ago and besides Travolta and Cage hamming it up it didn't have much else for me anymore.

It has some cool swagger for sure. I watched again a few years ago and besides Travolta and Cage hamming it up it didn't have much else for me anymore.
Not even John Woo's over the top stylized filmmaking?

Welcome to the human race...
I get more than enough of that from his pre-Hollywood output.

I have a hard time with gun fights and heavy action movies in general. I am not one of those people that gets caught up in stunt work and wondering how they create certain shots. You have to be doing something else to keep me interested. Don't get me wrong I don't think Face/Off is bad, but pretty average for me. Now 16 year old me ate it up. I thought it was one of the greatest action movies ever. Like a lot of action movies it didn't hold up great though.