→ in
Tools    

I don't know how many films have been made before on this theme in hollywood , but at least in Bollywood the idea---of the hero being sent as an agent of powerful people to help subjugate weaker people but developing sympathy for their plight and ultimately joining them to fight those who sent him there originally---this idea has been used repeatedly . Been there seen that....

To me it seemed that at least the director concentrated too much on the special effects and not on developing the storyline . What the film lacked was a soul , for the emotional core of the movie had not been developed sufficiently . This is in contrast to the directors earlier venture ( Titanic ) where the movie certainly struck an emotional chord in the audiences .

Of course , the special effects are great and nobody is denying that . But only special effects are not sufficient to make a movie great , and my personal opinion is that the movie falls short of greatness .

nice visuals but very poor boring storyline .... like many James Cameron movie

A loving heart is the truest wisdom.
I still can't figure out how this movie got a Best Picture nod and The Dark Knight didn't.

Avatar is an epic science fiction film produced and directed by James Cameron in 2009. This movie is about the Earth in 2145 which is in need of minerals, and the humans want to attack the world of Pandora because it is a rich source of minerals. The soldier Jake Sully, who is paraplegic, has an avatar and has to live with the inhabitants of Pandora, the Na’vi, to get their confidence . The Na’vi’s are very tall, blue aliens. After some time, Sully likes this new world and wants to protect it from the humans, but this is descision is very dangerous. The main characters are Sam Worthington and Zoe Saldana, and in my opinion their acting was very good. Avatar is one of the best movies I have ever seen. The plot is gripping and moving, especially in the end. Also, The landscape of Pandora is breathtaking, and of course all the Na’vi’s who are beautiful creatures. Further, the special effects and sound effects were absolutely beautiful. In addition, this movie is very entertaining, it really holds the audience’s attention to the end. To conclude, I absolutely recommend this beautiful film.

A system of cells interlinked
Probably some of the best, most seamless special effects I have ever seen. Sadly, they are hung on a poor screenplay and the film is riddled with sophomoric political allegory. That said, I still enjoyed it as a big, dumb summer popcorn flick. The flying sequences on the big dragon-like creatures was REALLY well done and I found those scenes exhilarating.

i hate it when people compare Avatar to dances with wolves, avatar is one of the best scifi adventures in the last 30 years period...
the production value is huge, epic, please /.....

I love Avatar. This is a very beautiful film, very atmospheric and unusual. After him, such an impression was only after watching Passengers.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
I watched the movie again. I still think it's good, just as I thought it was when it came out. If it's not a great film, it's a good one. However, why is it that the movie gets so much hate? Sure there are some cheesy moments, but people love movies with moments just as cheesy so I never understood why this movie got so much hate over the last decade.

I've seen one of those series.But what people are thinking about them?I thought, it's just an ordinary ski-fi movie, but many people are watching it.

I still can't figure out how this movie got a Best Picture nod and The Dark Knight didn't.
They both got a BP nomination, not sure why, but they did.

Welcome to the human race...
They both got a BP nomination, not sure why, but they did.
The Dark Knight didn't get a Best Picture nomination, though - if anything, the fact that it didn't get one while a bunch of semi-forgettable prestige pics did is generally seen as the reason that the Oscars expanded their Best Picture field from five nominees to a maximum of ten.

The Dark Knight didn't get a Best Picture nomination, though - if anything, the fact that it didn't get one while a bunch of semi-forgettable prestige pics did is generally seen as the reason that the Oscars expanded their Best Picture field from five nominees to a maximum of ten.
My mistake, I remember it getting a lot of nominations but forgot they didn't nominate for bp

Yeah, some tumult about it at the time, since they'd recently expanded the Best Picture nominations, too, and a lot of people thought it'd get a token look there at least in a larger field.

ive seen the full movie he in the city and other parts shown on the movie that wasnt at the cinimas but was cool and the shortend verisons dumb tho i like it tho the people are too many fake computer craphics in it the people are fake on the making of it compuiter makeup not real makeup